“Southern Hospitality at its best.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans
Ranked #24 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Adelaide, Australia
“Southern Hospitality at its best.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

This hotel is located off Bourbon Street. Our room was huge with 2 queen beds, huge ensuite and a balcony overlooking the courtyard. The room was the cleanest room of our whole trip and there was ample room to spread out suitcases and still have room to move. I love this hotel. From the moment I stepped into the lobby I was impressed. Exactly what I expected from a New Orleans hotel. Very big lobby with great café and the staff were so friendly. Southern hospitality at it's best. Tours were easy to book and the staff were always spot on when giving us directions.
My friends and I were travelling alone and were slightly worried about safety but this hotel is right off Bourbon Street and also the Hard Rock Café so we were comfortable walking around the area at night. we were only here for 2 nights but what an impression it made. I will definitely stay here on my next trip and I would recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I was at the Hyatt French Quarter November 9th-11th and I loved it! I will stay there again if I go back to that city. The staff was great! We stayed on the 4th floor overlooking the swimming pool. The room was clean and modern and quite! The only little problem was the pillows were a little to flat and soft for my liking.... Great location!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Beaumont, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

As return visitors to NOLA we wanted something a little closer to bourbon, but not too loud....we made a good choice. From the outside to the inside this hotel is beautiful, and its location is perfect walking distance down all the action on bourbon as well as canal street and the waterfront. As for the staff.....I found they were either realllllly good or reallllly crappy. There was no average. Even with that said, I will probably stay here again next year when we return.

We met 2 couple friends of ours, we are all from different cities in Canada, 2 of us had chosen bourbon balcony rooms, that morning before we checked in my friend who was already there inquired if we could have a balcony that was shared with our friends(2 rooms share one balcony). It was not booked at that moment, so when we arrived we inquired again; the girl just kept saying she could put us up a floor and over one balcony, we asked the direct question, 'is there anyone in that room now, why cant we have it' and she wouldn't answer, and she was quite snobby. If the room was legitimately taken, we could understand but it was vacant as far as we could tell(and we were watching the curtains and listening), it was vacant until Saturday night. Like what would the big deal to give us that room checking in 2 days earlier and them our room? Its the same room type! I did let the manager know on the Saturday about this, and he was going to look into it, and he seemed somewhat apologetic and wanted to look into it....I never heard anything back.

Second issue we had, somehow our friends ended up with my cell phone; they were flying out and leaving hotel at 4am; they said they would leave my phone with front desk. Next morning my husband goes down to ask for my phone, and asks the front desk girl if there was a phone turned in, and she just says 'no, sorry sir.'.....he said, well were you working at 4am, could security or someone else have it? She rolled her eyes and said fine ill check. Came back, said sorry no phone.

When he got back to room he told me how she was less then helpful so I said, lets go ask concierge or security, and we ended up having a guy help us; he went and checked security tapes, he took us up to our friends room to see if it was in there. He sure made us feel better leaving that day knowing phone must be on plane with our friends.

Turns out after we went to airport our friends texted it was under bedside table in room....I called hotel and they are apparently shipping it to me, but it has yet to arrive.

Anyways, if you choose this hotel, if you are a light sleeper do not choose a bourbon balcony room, get courtyard for some quiet at night. If you like to watch the world go by and can sleep through trumpets, screaming, and obnoxious people, a bourbon room is fun!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt French Quarter for 3 nights during August. From the moment we walked into the lobby we had nothing but good experiences. The staff were always very friendly (from checkin, restaurant staff and concierge). Even the cleaning staff were always happy and friendly and would say good morning when walking through corridors. The rooms were very modern, and nicely decorated. We had a room with a view of the pool which was very nice. We had no night time noise in our room at all. Beds were comfortable. The hotel was located in a very central location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pool!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melifranklin
Fortaleza, CE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights for business and fun.
PROS:
The room was large, clean and quiet. The bed, sheets and pillows were very, very comfortable. There was an empty fridge in the room ( nice touch although I'd prefer it had some itens inside).
Location was great too. Next to Hard Rock Cafe and Red Fish Grill, steps from Bourbon street and with entrances to Canal street and Iberville street.
Complimentary wi-fi at the lobby.
Nice hair salon at the Canal street entrance.
CONS:
Coffee amenities were the worst brand.
Powdered sugar (restaurant) where I had breakfast was crowded and the staff was very rude.

Overall, I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights at this hotel. It was my first stay with a Hyatt hotel but definitely my favorite hotel in New Orleans so far (3rd visit). Was upgraded to a balcony room with 2 queen beds. The room was clean comfy and quiet. I left a list of items for house keeping and received them when I got back (slippers, robes, etc). Got the breakfast package which was pretty good. Worked out at the gym, which had ear phones and cool towels. I was able to print boarding pass at the business center. Locations was great too. Next to Felix, which has great reasonable priced food. All in all great stay. I would stay here again next time!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank lulupitt
Irish Midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights with wife and 2 teenagers.

The hotel was very good in every aspect.

Our room was of a very generous size and, like everywhere in the hotel it was spotlessly clean. I liked the fact that there was a fridge in the room as it was nice to be able to have favourite cool drinks to hand.

The beds and pillows were very comfortable and our room (488) was very quiet.

The staff were more efficient than friendly but not so as to make one feel unwelcome. The parking attendants were exceptionally pleasant and helpful.

The bar was empty at night which is hardly surprising given all of the competition in the area.

The location of the hotel is great in terms of access to attractions and trams. It is only seconds from the famous Bourbon Street which was hugely disappointing. I thought Bourbon Street would be filled with jazz bars, quaint restaurants etc. It is a haven of dull sleaze and tiresome trash. Nearby Royal and Canal and Decatur streets are much more appealing.

We didn't eat in the hotel at all. We indulged in a few cocktails and although my wife had the same one each night the flavour and "punch" varied greatly.

Bar prices were reasonable for a hotel.

Overall it was a very satisfactory stay and I would have no hesitation in staying again.

The only significant negative was the in-room air conditioning which each time it kicked in did so with a huge slurping sound that woke us up a few times.

Otherwise, go to this very nice hotel and enjoy it.

Stayed November 2013