“Great Stay...”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Great Stay...”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I had stayed at this hotel for a friends bachelorette party! We had a great stay. Very clean and very nice. Very close to Bourbon. It was literally around the corner. It was sort of hard to find since there was construction going on at the time, but once we found it everything was perfect. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful with directions. :)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tracy L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This was my first time in NOLA so I was a little nervous. We chose the hotel because it was close to Bourbon Street. Turned out it was close to everything we were interested in seeing and doing. We booked a rendezvous package which included a room upgrade and breakfast every morning. We arrived on Monday, Dec. 2 and left on Thursday, December 5. We were able to get a room with a private balcony right on Bourbon Street. We went at a relatively quiet time because we don't like crowds and we don't like things to get too crazy. We picked a perfect time. Business definitely picked up on Thursday for the upcoming weekend. Choose your time carefully. Weekends are going to be busier with more partying and waiting lines. We did get homeless people (?) asking for money and it is a little scary walking down the darker short streets at night. So we didn't do that much. But, overall, a great hotel. Really enjoyed staying there. A few issues with the room maid's attention to detail but nothing drastic. But she lost her tip for our stay. Just annoying.

Room Tip: Didn't try the spa. But did look at the pool area. Very nice. We went at a quiet time to nois...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We chose this hotel for the close proximity of Bourbon Street in the French Quarter and it couldn't have been nearer! It's a new hotel right in the heart of where the fun is with lots of narrow streets full of history. It was close, but we didn't hear any of the noise that goes with Bourbon Street. The room we were given was a courtyard suite and it was huge, modern and clean. It had everything you could want in a room with a luxurious feel. The bed was comfortable and cosy. The bathroom had a huge shower cubicle and fluffy towels and all the toiletries you would expect. The room service were always coming to see if you wanted more ice.
We didn't use the restaurant or room service except for morning tea/coffee which was always prompt.
Check-in staff were very polite as were any staff you had contact with.

If you want a local French Quarter hotel with a touch of luxury and is close to Bourbon street without hearing noise, then I would definitely recommend the Hyatt. We loved our 3 nights there. We didn't go at Mardi Gras time so I don't know if this would make a difference to any noise, as they did have a few rooms on Bourbon street side, but as I say we had a court yard room which was in the centre of the hotel, so we didn't hear any noise.
We also went in late August as part of a 3 city trip so it was quite hot and humid! but the rooms were kept lovely and cool.

There were plenty of restaurants fast food cafe, convenience stores around and Canal street is within walking distance which had lots of shops stores and close to the River boardwalk where there are fountains, cafés shops etc and you can get the steamer boats which take you up the Mississippi which is probably best to pre-book as we did before we arrived.

Room Tip: We were given a courtyard suite which was fabulous and had easy access to the indoor pool, gym etc a...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mojomax16_13
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This hotel is located off Bourbon Street. Our room was huge with 2 queen beds, huge ensuite and a balcony overlooking the courtyard. The room was the cleanest room of our whole trip and there was ample room to spread out suitcases and still have room to move. I love this hotel. From the moment I stepped into the lobby I was impressed. Exactly what I expected from a New Orleans hotel. Very big lobby with great café and the staff were so friendly. Southern hospitality at it's best. Tours were easy to book and the staff were always spot on when giving us directions.
My friends and I were travelling alone and were slightly worried about safety but this hotel is right off Bourbon Street and also the Hard Rock Café so we were comfortable walking around the area at night. we were only here for 2 nights but what an impression it made. I will definitely stay here on my next trip and I would recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I was at the Hyatt French Quarter November 9th-11th and I loved it! I will stay there again if I go back to that city. The staff was great! We stayed on the 4th floor overlooking the swimming pool. The room was clean and modern and quite! The only little problem was the pillows were a little to flat and soft for my liking.... Great location!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Beaumont, Alberta
Reviewed 26 November 2013

As return visitors to NOLA we wanted something a little closer to bourbon, but not too loud....we made a good choice. From the outside to the inside this hotel is beautiful, and its location is perfect walking distance down all the action on bourbon as well as canal street and the waterfront. As for the staff.....I found they were either realllllly good or reallllly crappy. There was no average. Even with that said, I will probably stay here again next year when we return.

We met 2 couple friends of ours, we are all from different cities in Canada, 2 of us had chosen bourbon balcony rooms, that morning before we checked in my friend who was already there inquired if we could have a balcony that was shared with our friends(2 rooms share one balcony). It was not booked at that moment, so when we arrived we inquired again; the girl just kept saying she could put us up a floor and over one balcony, we asked the direct question, 'is there anyone in that room now, why cant we have it' and she wouldn't answer, and she was quite snobby. If the room was legitimately taken, we could understand but it was vacant as far as we could tell(and we were watching the curtains and listening), it was vacant until Saturday night. Like what would the big deal to give us that room checking in 2 days earlier and them our room? Its the same room type! I did let the manager know on the Saturday about this, and he was going to look into it, and he seemed somewhat apologetic and wanted to look into it....I never heard anything back.

Second issue we had, somehow our friends ended up with my cell phone; they were flying out and leaving hotel at 4am; they said they would leave my phone with front desk. Next morning my husband goes down to ask for my phone, and asks the front desk girl if there was a phone turned in, and she just says 'no, sorry sir.'.....he said, well were you working at 4am, could security or someone else have it? She rolled her eyes and said fine ill check. Came back, said sorry no phone.

When he got back to room he told me how she was less then helpful so I said, lets go ask concierge or security, and we ended up having a guy help us; he went and checked security tapes, he took us up to our friends room to see if it was in there. He sure made us feel better leaving that day knowing phone must be on plane with our friends.

Turns out after we went to airport our friends texted it was under bedside table in room....I called hotel and they are apparently shipping it to me, but it has yet to arrive.

Anyways, if you choose this hotel, if you are a light sleeper do not choose a bourbon balcony room, get courtyard for some quiet at night. If you like to watch the world go by and can sleep through trumpets, screaming, and obnoxious people, a bourbon room is fun!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt French Quarter for 3 nights during August. From the moment we walked into the lobby we had nothing but good experiences. The staff were always very friendly (from checkin, restaurant staff and concierge). Even the cleaning staff were always happy and friendly and would say good morning when walking through corridors. The rooms were very modern, and nicely decorated. We had a room with a view of the pool which was very nice. We had no night time noise in our room at all. Beds were comfortable. The hotel was located in a very central location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pool!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple