“Lovely hotel very convenient to Bourbon St.”

Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans
Ranked #24 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston
“Lovely hotel very convenient to Bourbon St.”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Just came back from 3 nights at the Hyatt French Quarter. Really nice, clean, and modern hotel with oversized rooms and comfy beds. I have to say the rooms were extremely comfortable. The staff, especially Dawn, were all friendly and their cafe Powdered Sugar had great coffee for those who don't like to make their own coffee in the room. The manager Ray always made sure my husband got his coffee right! If I had any complaints they were minor but it would be nice if they would offer free wifi in the rooms especially if you are a Hyatt passport member and they really need higher quality towels in the bathrooms. As I said minor in comparison to what this hotel has to offer. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard or the pool
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
So Fla USA
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I had occasion to stay at the Hyatt French Quarter in November and the property is perfectly located for the French Quarter and the rooms are beautiful and spacious. I had requested adjoining rooms because my 95-year-old mother was joining us on this trip and we wanted to be nearby but have some privacy as well. We arrived by cab and the drive was jammed so we had to walk from the street which was inconvenient because we had luggage and my mother's mobility is minimal. The cab refused to pull into the drive because of the traffic jam and the staff that was on the door ignored us until we got into the lobby when they asked us if we needed any help. (I needed help to get to the lobby - not so much after we were inside.) When I got to the desk, I gave my name and credit card/id and mentioned that we had requested adjoining rooms. I was quickly told that requests are noted but not guaranteed. So then I asked if she could check to see if the rooms adjoined and the adjoining front desk person asked what the room numbers were and then responded that they did, in fact, adjoin. I could have done without the disclaimer especially since our request had been granted. And, for that, I am grateful. Because when we got to the rooms, we were stunned with how modern, spacious, quiet, and beautiful they were. Our bellman was a perfect gentleman who helped us dump the luggage, offered ice, and gave us a brief orientation to the rooms and the features. He definitely made up for the minor shortcomings of the staff. Later in our stay we experienced warmer interactions with both the desk and valet staff. If you want fine accommodations that are smack dab in the French Quarter, this is the spot. You will be steps from Acme Oyster, Galatoire's, and dozens of other French Quarter classics. But without all of the noise. Our rooms faced the tranquil and perfectly manicured courtyard area - very impressive. I've stayed in New Orleans a number of times - at the Ritz, Roosevelt, Saint, JW Marriott, Courtyard, Renaissance, and many others -- this is, by far, among the best with the added benefit of being right in the quarter without noise. Give it a try -- you'll love it.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the courtyard rather than the street so you'll enjoy quiet evenings.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank soflabiztraveller
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I had stayed at this hotel for a friends bachelorette party! We had a great stay. Very clean and very nice. Very close to Bourbon. It was literally around the corner. It was sort of hard to find since there was construction going on at the time, but once we found it everything was perfect. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful with directions. :)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tracy L
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This was my first time in NOLA so I was a little nervous. We chose the hotel because it was close to Bourbon Street. Turned out it was close to everything we were interested in seeing and doing. We booked a rendezvous package which included a room upgrade and breakfast every morning. We arrived on Monday, Dec. 2 and left on Thursday, December 5. We were able to get a room with a private balcony right on Bourbon Street. We went at a relatively quiet time because we don't like crowds and we don't like things to get too crazy. We picked a perfect time. Business definitely picked up on Thursday for the upcoming weekend. Choose your time carefully. Weekends are going to be busier with more partying and waiting lines. We did get homeless people (?) asking for money and it is a little scary walking down the darker short streets at night. So we didn't do that much. But, overall, a great hotel. Really enjoyed staying there. A few issues with the room maid's attention to detail but nothing drastic. But she lost her tip for our stay. Just annoying.

Room Tip: Didn't try the spa. But did look at the pool area. Very nice. We went at a quiet time to nois...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We chose this hotel for the close proximity of Bourbon Street in the French Quarter and it couldn't have been nearer! It's a new hotel right in the heart of where the fun is with lots of narrow streets full of history. It was close, but we didn't hear any of the noise that goes with Bourbon Street. The room we were given was a courtyard suite and it was huge, modern and clean. It had everything you could want in a room with a luxurious feel. The bed was comfortable and cosy. The bathroom had a huge shower cubicle and fluffy towels and all the toiletries you would expect. The room service were always coming to see if you wanted more ice.
We didn't use the restaurant or room service except for morning tea/coffee which was always prompt.
Check-in staff were very polite as were any staff you had contact with.

If you want a local French Quarter hotel with a touch of luxury and is close to Bourbon street without hearing noise, then I would definitely recommend the Hyatt. We loved our 3 nights there. We didn't go at Mardi Gras time so I don't know if this would make a difference to any noise, as they did have a few rooms on Bourbon street side, but as I say we had a court yard room which was in the centre of the hotel, so we didn't hear any noise.
We also went in late August as part of a 3 city trip so it was quite hot and humid! but the rooms were kept lovely and cool.

There were plenty of restaurants fast food cafe, convenience stores around and Canal street is within walking distance which had lots of shops stores and close to the River boardwalk where there are fountains, cafés shops etc and you can get the steamer boats which take you up the Mississippi which is probably best to pre-book as we did before we arrived.

Room Tip: We were given a courtyard suite which was fabulous and had easy access to the indoor pool, gym etc a...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mojomax16_13
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This hotel is located off Bourbon Street. Our room was huge with 2 queen beds, huge ensuite and a balcony overlooking the courtyard. The room was the cleanest room of our whole trip and there was ample room to spread out suitcases and still have room to move. I love this hotel. From the moment I stepped into the lobby I was impressed. Exactly what I expected from a New Orleans hotel. Very big lobby with great café and the staff were so friendly. Southern hospitality at it's best. Tours were easy to book and the staff were always spot on when giving us directions.
My friends and I were travelling alone and were slightly worried about safety but this hotel is right off Bourbon Street and also the Hard Rock Café so we were comfortable walking around the area at night. we were only here for 2 nights but what an impression it made. I will definitely stay here on my next trip and I would recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I was at the Hyatt French Quarter November 9th-11th and I loved it! I will stay there again if I go back to that city. The staff was great! We stayed on the 4th floor overlooking the swimming pool. The room was clean and modern and quite! The only little problem was the pillows were a little to flat and soft for my liking.... Great location!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple