“Fun family weekend!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Memphis, Tennessee
“Fun family weekend!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel was prefect for a four day getaway with our 10 and 13 yr old kids! Toured the Garden district, French Quarter. & swamp! Hotel was centrally located to everything! Within walking distance to everything in French Quarter including cemeteries, shops, and restaurants. Easy drive to Garden District to park and walk. Room was spacious, clean, and modern. Powdered Sugar had delectable breakfast treats that can't be overlooked! Price was extremely affordable for the location!!!

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank CHulgan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
California
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed at Hyatt French Quarter Feb 19 - 22 for Mardi Gras. Perfect location - super close to Bourbon Street when we wanted to experience the craziness and Canal Street where we waited for the parades which was a blast, street cars were just a block away and went everywhere. Rooms were very nice, had a courtyard view, and had no outside noise at all despite being so close to Bourbon Street. Derek at check-in was super nice and worked with us in getting an extra night when I couldn't get our mlast night stay on line. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Get a courtyard view if you want a quiet room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Helen J
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 March 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! hands down the WORST customer service i have ever experienced from any "business"

We booked this room in November, spoke to the hotel multiple times prior to booking, never once was anything mentioned by the staff, by the website or by the booking agency about needing wristbands, let alone the cost of an extra $30/night for each wristband (totally UNACCEPTABLE). They will not let you check in or enter the lobby without the wristband so we had no choice but to pay. the MOST we were able to find prior to checking in (on the FB page) was that the wristbands would be necessary and it would be a $35 charge for any lost/replacement bands which is totally understandable. They made it sound as if it was included with the room reservations, Not a peep anywhere about a daily cost, until after you try to check in.

The manager was "unavailable" the entire stay and despite talking to the asst manager numerous times. they would not budge. After we got home we have attempted to resolve this with the Operations Director "Travis" (he needs a new job) the following occurred...

"just spent the last hour and 7 minutes on the phone with the manager of Hyatt... All he kept saying was we appreciate your feedback, but it is our policy not to adjust any prices after checkout during Mardi Gras.... he must have said it like 100 times. When I told him I tried to speak with him at the hotel, but he wasn't available, he told me he was off and that it was not his problem if I didn't get it resolved before I left. I even pointed out that I spoke with the assistant manager multiple times and he said it wasn't him so it also didn't matter. He said that they would have to review their process and confirm with 3rd party booking agencies that the fees are better identified, but that in the fine print it always says there may be additional fees/charges... they slide by under this for Mardi Gras. He also reviewed my reservation and said that he saw I had my name on the room, but that I planned to have 4 people and that he couldn't help that it wasn't charged correctly since I went through travelocity. He was a jerk and the hotel knows they are doing this - he even slipped and said he has been handling these calls all day and will not make any exceptions. He said it is a matter for them to review and that they hope to improve the process in the future. I can damn near guarantee that he wouldn't meet with anyone that week cuz they had to prep for how to handle all of the complaints. He tried to tell me his front desk people were more credible than I was and when I told him what I did for a living he was like well, ummm, I'm sure you are very credible, but I'm still not able to solve this for you.

I posted to their FB page and the response from the social media director was sincere, however the people we were directed to speak to were already the ones we tried to resolve it with. I dont know about you, but i dont typically have an extra $120-150 to just throw away.

The main staff (housekeeping, front desk etc...) was very kind and helpful.

Room Tip: if you plan on staying here for a Mardi Gras plan on paying an extra $30 per person per night! They...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
14 Thank TLS422
VA
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This was me and my husband's first visit to New Orleans and Mardi Gras. This hotel was absolutely delightful. It was in a key location to enjoy all of the Mardi Gras activities, including Bourboun Street. Our hotel room was very spacious, clean, and we were well sheltered from the noise of the festivities. The Batch Restaurant staff was great and the food and drinks even greater. All of the hotel staff was wonderful! Would definitely stay here again. Only con was there was no microwave in the room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Oakland, California
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is a recently remodeled property that is in a great location if visiting the French Quarter is your plan. Staff is very nice & the room was large. It was also surprisingly quiet, given its proximity to the craziness of the French Quarter close to Mardi Gras. However, it is not suitable for business, the reason for my stay (a small conference). There is no desk in the room. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels & never seen this before. The front desk sent up a small table & a banquet chair but this is hardly adequate for doing work. Also, the breakfast I ordered for 7:45 never arrived. If you don't plan to use your computer except in bed or need to be someplace at a fixed time, this property might work for you. I won't be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We were generally very pleased to stay at the Hyatt French Quarter in February 2014. Two things that were disappointing: (1) we had almost no water pressure in the shower; and (2) this Hyatt location still charges for WiFi. Our King Balcony room was comfortable and was on the 4th floor facing the interior courtyard with the pool, which was generally unused this time of year so there was no residual noise and was overall very quiet and tranquil.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the interior courtyard are probably quieter.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Orange, California, United States
Reviewed 5 March 2014

A group of about 55 of us were in New Orleans for a week during Mardi Gras, for a small convention. We all stayed at the Hyatt French Quarter, and ou rdaily meetings were held in the large conference/ball room adjacent to the lobby. The location and layout of the hotel are both ideal. The food in both Powdered Sugar and Batch Bar was great. However, the food that the hotel kitchen provided for our group's lunches and dinner was superb. Fantastic soups and salads, regional dishes,and creative deserts. In addition to the unexpectedly delightful food I have to mention the staff. Everyone from the front desk staff, to the bell, concierge, housekeeping, restaurant, catering and even the security staff were friendly, helpful, and truly welcoming. The Hyatt staff is what makes this hotel truly stand out. Our group will be returning next January and we will certainly be in attendance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the atrium or pool if you desire quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends