“Not a bad Hyatt”

Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans
Ranked #26 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

As one other reviewer stated, this Hyatt property is more like a Hyatt Place. The rooms are large in size and bed is comfortable. But, no extras like you would expect. Location can't be beat. I would stay again as long as the price was right. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ID_Sun_Chaser

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Maybe it's just that I LOVE this city, but I am writing this review as I sit on the shared balcony on bourbon street listening to a sax player down below!! My idea of a perfect afternoon!!!
From the moment I walked in the door and smelled the magnolia candle I was hooked. Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly! The room was a little small, but it fit hubby and I just fine. The marble in the bathroom completed the decor. Very nice bath products, too and TOOTHPASTE!! The blackout window treatments let us sleep waaaaaaay longer than we needed to.
As it sits straddled between Canal and Iberville, it's a perfect location to the French Quarter!!!!! A walk down to the river doesn't take long at all! ENJOY!! We will be back soon!

3  Thank latink
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Not a bad hotel ticks all the boxes. Great bar with good staff, rooms ok if a little drab. Only fault is pool Bar drinks VERY expensive and not very good. Would definatly stay again as very good location.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank swiftyEngland
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

This was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff was the friendliest I have ever seen!
The room was super clean it was in a prime location and it had all the amenities I was looking for. I was very pleased with the hotel as a whole.
My only complaint would be that the pool was closed due to some maintenance issues. I know this may sound crazy but that changed my outlook on the hotel. They should have better maintenance checks. While I know that things do happen this was very unfortunate because this was the main reason I booked this hotel. That would be my only negative but other than that it was great!

4  Thank Joel G
Nebley456, Manager at Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Hi Joel,

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We're glad you had a good time here in NOLA. Our sincere apologies regarding the pool being out of service. It happened to be an unexpected repair we had to make and not something we were planning for. Please keep us in mind if your plans ever bring you back to New Orleans and I can ensure you receive a comfortable stay with us.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt French Quarter for a professional conference in May and was very pleased with the room and the amenities. The location is perfect for exploring the Quarter, but also quiet enough if you want to escape the madness.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Katie S

Hi Katie,

Thank you for the great feedback, sounds like you had a good stay with us. Keep us in mind if you're ever back in NOLA.

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and from the very outset of stepping through the door the staff for incredibly helpful and friendly without being overbearing. They have got the balance spot on! The hotel is situated bang in the middle of town but is just far enough away from the hustle that you don't hear it. There is a restaurant bar and a breakfast/pastry cafe which both serve really good food. The rooms are great; one of the most comfy beds I've slept on (barring my own). Thoroughly recommended!

4  Thank BoromirsRevenge

Hi BoromirsRevenge,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us, we're glad you enjoyed your stay! I agree, our staff is great. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you and your family sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Arrived on July 27 for 4 night stay.
The staff was excellent
We arrived early@ 10am not expecting to check in - but store bags and return-
We were able to check in to a great room overlooking the pool and with a balcony-
Spent time enjoying the balcony each evening!
Pool was exceptionally clean and well maintained-
Pool bar was nice- waiter was friendly and offered good service-
We visited the Batch Bar several times during the stay for a nightcap - usually to take to our room- service great and the bartender remembered us and what we preferred after our first visit-
Very nice service
Powdered Sugar- the coffee shop was nice and had quite a variety on the menu- only got coffee and water there - every morning but friendly and prompt service-
Housekeeping was excellent- room was spotless and always cleaned before we returned from our activities-
Fitness center was also immaculate! Good machines- cold towels a nice amenity!
Location is great- convenient for walking to many restaurants and attractions-
We will be returning!

Room Tip: Balcony is best! Rooms overlooking pool good also Overall the hotel was quiet and noise was never...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cmerun
Nebley456, Manager at Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

HI cmerun,

Thank you for the great feedback!! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Agreed, the pool courtyard is a great place to enjoy some sun and our staff at Batch is top notch. Hope to have the pleasure of hosting you in the near future.