“Wonderful surprise for JazzFest”

New Orleans Courtyard Hotel
Ranked #95 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed at the hotel in room #211 for the second weekend of JazzFest this year, and had a very nice time. The room was out towards the back of the property and fairly quiet (sirens at night can't be helped, but tuned out with earplugs, just like any other big city). Overall, the hotel was very clean, and staff were friendly and helpful. Beautiful courtyard and swimming pool. The continental breakfast in the morning was great, cereal, waffles, cold cuts, cheese and fresh fruit as well as toast and muffins, although the freshly sliced tomatoes were my favorite.
Our favorite part was the complimentary crawfish boil on Saturday evening after JazzFest, though. It was such a wonderful event to have, delicious and so much fun! We'll definitely be coming back next year for JazzFest and we will stay at this hotel!

1  Thank Wandering_cloud
BPM-Hotels, Manager at New Orleans Courtyard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thanks for your review. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Patrick

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The Courtyard Hotel was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. It was conveniently located 4 blocks from the French Quarter..and had a very private and quiet court yard to sit and visit with my fellow travelers after a long day of touring New Orleans. It was clean, and the staff was most hospitable. The owner and the manager made their presence known every day of our 5 day stay, and wanted to make sure it was everything we needed and expected from them. The Continental Breakfast was fresh and hot every morning for 4 hours. I would revisit this hotel every time without reserve, and I would recommend to anyone.

2  Thank Betty M

Thanks we really appreciated having you as a guest. Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

The courtyard has really potential as the general ambiente is really nice and my room was on the first look really lovely with its rough stone floor and the old fashioned bed. Looking at the details on the other hand the bathroom, especially the bathtub was in no good condition and beside of that it was not well cleaned at my arrival. But by far the worst was that after my first night I got very annoying and still itching bites or whatever at my ankles. The next night I removed everything beside the obviously fresh duvet cover and put a towel over it...That stopped the attacks....I don't really wanna know what it was but it lived and was hungry....this is a no go for a hotel and the room rates they take....I could understand this for a cheap drive by motel...also I couldn't still tolerate

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jens L
BPM-Hotels, Manager at New Orleans Courtyard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

I am sorry to read this. We do have our rooms inspected monthly for bed bugs by a team of beagles. This month's K-9 inspection included your room and came up negative. We have also done a visual inspection of this room and see no evidence of bugs. I am also sorry you felt your $79 rate was too high. I wish we could have had a chance to speak about and resolve these issues while you were a guest at our hotel.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I've stayed at other big name brand hotels before this one in the French Quarter, but this was the first one that I loved coming back to at the end of the day. Our room was very quaint and clean, the staff was very friendly, and helpful in making our stay pleasant. The courtyard made it very private and it was just far enough away from the action on Bourbon street. The outdoor pool was very nice and refreshing, and the complimentary continental breakfast was excellent. Fresh fruit, coffee, and pastries along with homemade waffles. I will be coming back to stay here and will be referring my friends to do the same.

Room Tip: We had a first level room next to the pool at the courtyard and loved it. easy to enter, only one st...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
BPM-Hotels, Manager at New Orleans Courtyard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thanks for your kind comments. We truly appreciate you staying with us and I am glad to hear we did a good job and you enjoyed your stay! Patrick

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I found this hotel on a whim, looking for affordable rates for my stay in New Orleans. I took advantage of their Online Rate, and ended up staying for 3 days. The room was a tad on the small side, but sufficient for 2 people. The location was prime - approximately 2-3 blocks from Louis Armstrong Park, and about 3-4 blocks from Bourbon St. My friend & I were able to walk all over the French Quarter (including down to the Aquarium of the Americas & the WWII Museum), and back with no problems. It's just far enough away to get a quiet night sleep -- with one caveat.

That caveat would be one of the few reasons it's not getting a 5-rating from me: paper-thin walls; I really had no desire to hear our neighbours having ... fun ... at 2am. The shower is a little on the small side, as a previous reviewer commented, but still usable - except for the water pressure, which was nearly negligible. The only other issue I had with the room was the lack of a lid on the toilet.

Still, all that aside, I'd happily stay there again. It was affordable (until we hit up against a Jazz Fest, in which case, the rate tripled), quiet, clean, and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank velvetmermaid
BPM-Hotels, Manager at New Orleans Courtyard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

We really appreciate your staying with us and your comments.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We made our reservations for this hotel a few months ago after reading good reviews. As we got closer - wifey started to get second thoughts. I read more reviews here in TA and I was convinced we made the right decision.

Be advised - this is not the high end, spacious, luxurious high rise of the big city and the cost reflects that. This is an older, architecturally perfect setting right on the fringes of the French Quarter. I saw craftsmen working every day trying to update different features - always painting - etc.

Upon our arrival, we were greeted by Rolita. This woman was absolutely wonderful. She guided us daily - helped us with different tours and there was absolutely no pressure for us to take a tour. (Remember, many hotels get a reward for booking specific tour companies - this was NOT the case for us.)

Our room was approximately 11' x 11' with a queen bed, ceiling fan, a flat screen TV, and our bathroom had a tub. Again - the room is older style - wide pine flooring - tile in the bathroom - but spotlessly clean. We stayed in room 209, after originally checking into room 203. We wanted to be further away from the noise of the main street and 209 was back in the courtyard area. (I think 203 would have been fine - but I love my wife.) We were there in early April, and had the A/C on while we were there.

I read in other reviews about room problems. We had none - plenty of hot water - everything worked - WiFi was great. No complaints whatsoever about our room.

The rooms do not have refrigerators - so we went to a local corner store - Matassa's at 1001 Dauphine St, and purchased a Styrofoam cooler, beer and wine. The hotel has a small and large ice machine and it worked perfect for us.

There are no elevators so pack lightly. Again - remember - this is an older New Orleans mansion. The woodwork is amazing - the building itself very rich in history. Although the weather was warm, we did not use the swimming pool.

There is a simple continental breakfast each day consisting of self made waffles, orange juice, plenty of muffins, bread for toast, and bagels. On Saturday, there was a tray with meat and different cheeses. Guests were cordial and comparing different tours they had taken, or were about to take. In this dining area, there is also a computer/printer to access reservations, etc.

We walked miles and miles each day - Rolita giving us some guidelines on where to be cautious if walking out late at night. We felt safe regardless of the time of day - and the heart of the French Quarter - Bourbon Street - was a 5 minute walk.

I believe you will enjoy staying at this hotel. The price is right. The staff even better. Feel free to send me a private note via TA.

Room Tip: When we first arrived, we were given a room towards the main street. It is a very busy thoroughfare...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank J H

Thanks for staying with us. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

This was our first time in New Orleans. We stayed here several nights and really enjoyed our stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They gave us many suggestions of things to do and places to see. The location was great. We were within walking distance of everything in the French Quarters. The hotel provided the best continental breakfast that we have ever experienced. They continuously worked hard to keep the food stocked. We will definitely stay here again and recommend it to all our friends.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

I am glad to hear you had a great time in New Orleans. We hope to see you back again.