“Quirky and quaint”

Ranked #102 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Province of Alicante, Spain
“Quirky and quaint”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I suppose it is what it says on the can - a converted old mansion with the charm of yesteryear coupled with the disadvantages of old buildings. Our ground floor room was very dark and opening the wooden slatted blinds meant that the world and his uncle joined you in the bedroom.
Unusually the hotel managed to cram two swimming pools into the space left between the various buildings - the smaller a more private location near the entrance to the car park.
Being right on the edge of the French Quarter(staggering distance) it did have the advantage of parking but at 25 dollars a day it certainly wasn't cheap.
The staff were friendly and helpful and the ambience of the place exuded the old world feel of New Orleans - still one of my favourite cities.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor rooms. The patter of tiny feet may be attractive to some but when you are wok...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
BPM-Hotels, Manager at New Orleans Courtyard Hotel, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Thanks for your review. I hope we will see you back again some day. If so, please ask to have your exterior shutters closed for additional privacy.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I alwaysl leave the hotel booking to my partner and once again I wasn't disappointed. The rooms were nice and clean. I liked the exposed brick. The hotel staff were courteous. It was 3 blocks from Bourbon street. It had a mini mart 2 buildings away. The only drawback was no frig in the room.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Kevin P
BPM-Hotels, Manager at New Orleans Courtyard Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thanks for staying with us. We have several small fridges that are available upon request. I will look into seeing if we can possibly add them to all rooms. Your comments have helped me understand the needs of our guests and therefore have made us a better hotel. Patrick
Fairhope, Alabama
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel was exactly what you would think a New Orleans hotel would be. A restored mansion with 2 pools. A very large one and a small more private one. The room had hardwood floors and was very clean. The bathrooms were a little outdated but it had southern charm. The lady that checked me in was very nice and helpful. The lady that checked me out was nothing but business. She wasn't as nice or friendly. She was on the border of being rude. I felt like I was a bother to her. The rest of the staff always had a smile and a hello. Now, to my night here. I stayed on the 2nd floor by the pool. They do party by the pool (all night) and you can hear everything. I sleep in total silence so needless to say I didn't sleep at all.... the entire night. But it is New Orleans and 95% of visitors are here to party. Its a give and take but the hotel does not make people leave the area at a certain time. It is open all night and believe me people party there all night too. But at 2:00am this couple got into the most awful fight I've ever heard ( the walls are paper thin) that lasted a very long time. The police should have been called but wasn't. Believe me everyone heard them. You couldn't help but to. This went on for 30 min. then stopped. So then there was only the pool noise but the same two started up again. By now its 5:00am. So if your coming for a girls/couples weekend then I say ok. But if you have children then I say no or ask for a room as far away from the main pool as possible. The Hotel is about 8 blocks from the French Market and French Quarter. Its 1.31 miles to the Audubon Aquarium (don't walk it I did). I would stay here again with my husband or girlfriends for a party weekend or trip but I was with my 3 1/2 yr old grandbaby and other grandmother.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool area are quieter
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Salem67
Thanks for your review. I am glad you appreciated our hotel, but I am sorry for any inconvenience created by other guests. We do our very best to control the noise at night. We have signs posted requesting quiet time from 11:00 pm to 7:00 am. Both pools are locked at 11:00. Nevertheless, it is a challenge when bars are opened all night. We continue to search for ways to ensure peace and quiet in a city that doesn't sleep. Hope to see you again some day.... Patrick
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I cannot say enough positive things about our stay here. We travel throughout the Midwest for our fire performances and this is our favorite stay so far. We were greeted by friendly, smiling staff who walked us through parking, check in, gave us a map that they even marked areas of interest and gave us business cards with address/phone numbers so we could find our way back. :-)
Our room had a balcony and it had a lovely view day and night of the city. We were walking distance to everything, including St Louis cemetery and Armstrong park that had a drum circle with dancing.
The hotel was beautiful, the breakfast area had ice water and coffee all day, (which was much appreciated!) Breakfast was great also!
The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, offering assistance with all our questions.
We are already planning to come back next year and will be booking our room here. Thank you for making my first trip to New Orleans so memorable!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Carenza1975
Thanks for your review and really thanks for staying with us. I am glad we met your expectations. Hope to see you back real soon... Patrick
Millom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I booked this hotel at short notice after walking out of our previous hotel in disgust.
A restored plantation home it is beautifully presented with rooms situated around a swimming pool. We had an upstairs room with a lovely polished wood floor, the downstairs rooms had beautiful rustic brick floors. A good continental breakfast was provided in the bar area of the main house and coffee was available all the time. Pool towels were also provided and there was a guest laundry (an essential for us as we travel on motorcycles, so travel light and do the laundry frequently) The hotel is conveniently placed for walking a couple of blocks to the French Quarter and is adjacent to Armstrong Park. The historic St Louis Cemetery is only one block away. We would definitely stay here again if we are able to return to New Orleans in the future. Our only minor gripe was the $25 daily car park fee.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dingle1963
BPM-Hotels, General Manager at New Orleans Courtyard Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
We really appreciate your comments and enjoyed having you as our guests. Please come back again! Patrick
Mamaroneck, New York
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were looking for a reasonably priced hotel in or near the French Quarter. When I saw the photos and reviews of New Orleans Courtyard Hotel I figured I had found everything I wanted AND some southern charm, too. The best part was that it exceeded my expectations most notably because of a kind and attentive staff. I watched how they paid attention to the details like picking up errant trash, straitening chairs by the pool, and taking the time for small talk with guests.

If you want New Orleans flare without the noise and, well, other things that take place down Bourbon St., this hidden gem is a perfect choice.

Room Tip: We spent part of each day sitting at the tables outside our room on the second floor overlooking the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Vampire's D
BPM-Hotels, Manager at New Orleans Courtyard Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thanks again, Your review really means a lot to us. I am glad we met your expectations. Patrick
Dinuba, California
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I was very pleasantly surprised. This Hotel was kind of run down from the outside. The neighborhood is a little sketchy but it is close to some very nice areas. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I actually came in on a Red Eye flight and I was not able to check in for a while. This was not their fault. I feel they worked with me. I doubt a larger hotel would of cared very much. I think the staff was outstanding. The room was very nice, clean and comfortable. I was ver pleased!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thanks Eric, It was great to have you as a guest. We hope we will see you again next time you are in New Orleans.
Patrick