“Great Experience”

International House Hotel
Ranked #70 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My wife and I stayed at IH this past weekend and enjoyed our time there very much. The staff was attentive and the room was quite comfortable. I particularly enjoyed my Pimm's Cup in the bar!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,175)

Reviewed 26 June 2012

From the moment you walk into this hotel, you feel welcomed, relaxed and well taken care of. Whatever scent they have in the lobby smells amazing. The lobby has a great ultra cool vibe and the bar was also cool. No complaints when I checked in. I got in late (around 1a) and the front desk staff were really friendly and helped me right away.

The rooms are a nice size and again, feel super chiq and cool. The king size bed was extremely comfortable and the bathrooms we large as well. The hotel is in a really great location - right near Canal St and a very short walk into the French Quarter.

I was able to arrange for a late check-out with no fuss. The front-desk staff organized a taxi for me when I checked out and just made everything so easy. I was also able to make it down to the gym, which was fine. It has a few cardio machines and weights which was enough for what I was looking for. It would have been ideal if they had a pool as I was looking forward to cooling off from the hot New Orleans summer heat, but it was fine.

All up, I would highly recommend this New Orleans boutique hotel and would stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I recently visited NOLA for a professional organization national conference and stayed at the International House hotel on Camp Street and I'm so glad I did. We decided NOT to stay at the official conference hotel because we wanted to combine some down-time with work and I love the boutique hotel experience. As a native of Baton Rouge, I've stayed in several hotels in New Orleans - mostly major 4 & 5 star chains - the International House is now my 'go-to' hotel in the city. The service was fast, friendly and very accommodating. My Queen Room was fine for me but when I return with my husband, we'll probably opt for a King. The room was cozy and modern with comfortable duvet and feather pillows. The bathroom was clean and offered Aveda products. This hotel is perfectly located between the French Quarter (across Canal St), the convention center and the Superdome - all walking distance. Overall great hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We have stayed at almost every 4+ Star rated hotel in the city and we just LOVE The International House. We have a perfect stay there every time. The rooms are incredible with gorgeous crystal chandeliers, luxurious beds and immaculate bathrooms. The hotel has a perfect modern upscale vibe that makes you feel alive just like the city. Loa, the hotel bar, is perfect for lounging with friends enjoying drinks from an incredible mixologist plus its a smoke free environment. We are native Louisianians (previous Nola residents) and The International House is our hotel of choice when returning to the city.

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are a bit more quiet than street view but if you would like to really experience t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2012

loved the view on the corner room - wonderful decor and professional service - would STAY here again and recommend a friend - great location in N.O. if you would like to stay in the city but not COMPLETELY immersed in traffic/congestion

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My girlfriend and I travelled across the USA for 6 weeks, during which time we stayed at the International House in New Orleans. As a young couple, we found our Queen Room more than satisfactory, with ample space, a magnificent shower/bathroom and large flatscreen television.

The location of the hotel couldn't have been any better, with it being just outside the heart of the French Quarter (a 3/4 minute walk to Bourbon Street) which was considerably quieter than had we stayed down on Bourbon Street, which is impossibly raucous and genuinely open all hours.

The hotel itself is very modern and has all the amenities required for a great stay, we had a couple of drinks at the hotel bar which were very nice, but considerably more expensive than down in the bars and clubs of the vacinity. The Car Valet service was impeccable, if a little pricey and our advice would be that unless it is imperative, to leave the car rather than pay the 40+ dollars per day. We were also a little disappointed that there was no swimming pool and nowhere to sunbathe, either, however these were not priorities for either of us.

The Reception Desk offered plenty of advice and help on where to go to and local amenities and the housekeeping staff were very accomodating, despite our keeping unorthodox hours, working around our jet lag and hangovers!

We genuinely would recommend this hotel to any prospective travellers, who value a good night's sleep in a modern, comfortabel, private location ahead of proximity to the action areas, as you will have to walk to find daytime and evening entertainment.

Room Tip: Upper floors offer most protection from street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Booked hotel because a friend reccommeded it. So glad we did. Stayed two nights to celebrate our 7th anniversary. Lobby was artsy and smelled so good!! We stayed in an Apple King room. Loved the simple style of the room, high ceilings, and flat screen tv. The bathroom was standard size...but the tub was oversized. :) The location was great...close to the quarter and tons of restaurants and shops.. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2012