“Good overall, but expensive for the value you get”

International House Boutique Hotel
Ranked #69 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
New York
“Good overall, but expensive for the value you get”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Overall it is a very nice hotel: good location, beautiful lobby, clean rooms. But some of the standard things that you would typically see in a 4-star hotel were missing, like a hair dryer, or some supplies in the bathroom beyond a shampoo and a hair conditioner. I stayed in a small room with expossed brick walls and no windows, and I paid close to $400. Whereas the price could be high do to the Jazz Fest week, I still don't beleive the hotel deserves the 4-star rating. The location is perfect: just 5 minutes away from the center of New Orleans and all the action, but on a quite block. Also, I would expect a breakfast to be included in that hight price, but I couldn't even use their downstairs restaurant in the morning, as a large group of people reserved the whole space for the whole duriation of their stay there (due to some conference). The bathroom tub wasn't clean thoroughly - there were some hairs there. Other than that no complaints. The stuff was friendly

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Kansas, America
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We found the option of one of the top-floor rooms, windowless, to be one of the greatest finds in New Orleans. We had no intention of spending much time in the room, so the lack of natural window light didn't matter. The price was right! And the music played in the lobby--Trombone Shorty at one point--is the grooviest. Great people: answered all questions and helped with figuring out how to park at night legally and with no fines. Finally, the kid left her t-shirt and shorts, remembered and called the hotel late the night we checked out, and they got them to the front desk and Jeremy made sure they would be held for her in a bag until they could be picked up. The staff is gracious and helpful, even though we know our way around the city. No condescending front-desk staff. Just nice people.

Room Tip: Pick the kind you like!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank TravelerFamilyKansas
Pearl, Mississippi
Reviewed 3 July 2012

My husband and I come to New Orleans twice a year on vacation.This was our first stay at the IH. From the first time entering the lobby until the last minute leaving it was a wonderful experience. The decor is so peaceful and serene. All of the staff were very friendly and more than willing to meet our needs. We were concerned when we booked the room about being in walking distance of all the places we wanted to visit, but we were very surprised it was within just a few blocks of everything. Another concern was being in a safe area and we were very pleased with the surroundings of this hotel. I will be recommending this hotel to all of my friends.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Connie S
Baton Rouge
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My very stressed and overworked husband and I spend this past weekend in the Rock Star room of the IH Hotel. We have spent a lot of time in this hotel over the last few years and are never disappointed. The staff is always accomidating and very friendly. Because the IH Hotel is a boutique hotel, they are able to treated their guest like individuals with individual needs. The property is always beautifully decorated and spotless. Our large room was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The bathroom was furnished with plush towels and two waffle weave bath robes. We were able to sleep late and rejuvinate due to the quitness and privacy of our room. We started our evenings in Loa with some very unique and amazing adult beverages. The bar, like the other public spaces in the IH Hotel is exquisit. In the past we have recommended this hotel to friends and family and will continue to share one of the best kept secrets in NOLA!

San Diego, California
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Everything about my stay at IH was fantastic. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I stayed in the Panoramic Corner King and as the website described it was all windows with great views. The bed was plush and perfectly comfortable. The bar, LOA, downstairs was fabulous. The cocktails were fresh and intricate. I was in town for a wedding and some of my friends stayed a couple blocks over. However, when they saw my room and the rest of the hotel they wished they would have chosen otherwise. Decor is romantically modern with the influence of New Orleans culture. LOVED the Aveda products. Cant say enough good things! Will definitely be staying here when I return to New Orleans.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2012

From the Rick Steeves archives. Another great spot. Nice hotel with great amenities. Great bar in the hotel with fantastic drinks. Nice location, close to the french Quarter.

1 Thank bevincoworks
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My wife and I stayed at IH this past weekend and enjoyed our time there very much. The staff was attentive and the room was quite comfortable. I particularly enjoyed my Pimm's Cup in the bar!

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple