“My favorite New Orleans hotel”

International House Boutique Hotel
Ranked #69 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
“My favorite New Orleans hotel”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I've been to New Orleans several times and this is by far my favorite place to stay. This is my go to NOLA hotel because it's incredibly clean and well cared for, the staff are very helpful, the aveda bath products are great, and it is an easy five minute walk to the French Quarter. This is also an incredibly affordable New Orleans hotel. The rooms aren't huge but are modern and spotless. Parking is average cost for a New Orleans hotel. I always find great deals on the hotels website. I am very particular about the hotels that I stay in- I do my research and like a clean, modern hotel with a great staff and this fits the bill. I will definitely stay here on my next trip to New Orleans!

Room Tip: I always ask for a room with the class enclosed shower- no tub and no shower curtain!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Juaos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Huntington, New York
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Just spent four nights here and was very happy. As mentioned the lobby is lovely and welcoming. Big oversized furniture with white slip covers make it chic looking. The staff was very welcoming and helpful from beginning to end. They made great suggestions of places to eat, things to see and places to avoid. The room itself was fine, decorated in white and black to give a chic look. Not huge, but had everything that we needed. There is a bit of a musty odor I think from the humidity, but once we increased the A/C it disipated. The beds were comfortable with crisp linens. The hotel is one block off Canal which makes it centerally located to both the river and the French Quarter, but keeps it relatively quite which made us pleased. It's one block from the St. Charles Street street car which takes you to the Garden District too.
I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank karann P
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Outstanding hotel! Everything was perfect from the beginning to the end. When we arrive, I notice that the smell in the main hall was great, decoration was super, the people in the main desk nice, and there was a public iMac available for customers.
The room was clean, quite, and we loved the bed (maybe a little bit small, but definitely we got an excellent rest. It is the kind of room I would like to have in my ideal house: high roof, clear furniture, big windows that let a lot of light to come inside... Super relaxing. And I loved the shower too! Location is perfect: close to canal st. and all the NOLA ambiance, but it is not in the noisy part of the city. It is maybe a bit expensive (not something crazy) but probably I won't waste my time looking for another hotel in my next visit to New Orleans.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Raul B
Atlanta, Georia
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here for my birthday trip to New Orleans. Never again. The hallway smelled like urine and although we mentioned it to the front desk, they never bothered to address the issue and were very rude. Our check was stolen and written out to a woman who ended up, after the bank investigation, to be a housekeeper at the hotel. We contacted to hotel to let them know about it and never heard back. We were very disappointed in the hotel and staff and were surprised that an effort to clean up the hallway was never made. I will give them that their lobby is beautiful and the bar downstairs was great with friendly staff but it did not make up for the worst hotel experience I have ever had and we travel quite frequently.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank gsulaw
AmyReimer, General Manager at International House Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Hello. Thank you for your comments. This is the first time that I have ever heard of the issue that you are mentioning and have checked with our entire Team and no one here is familiar with your claim. Please contact me so that we can get to the bottom of this. Are you sure that you have the correct hotel? We take your comments very seriously and would like to correct the challenge, if indeed there is one.
Stillwater, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 August 2013

The hotel manager - Amy and sales manager - Jessica, went above and beyond their jobs to resolve a reservation oversight for us. We love this hotel and highly recommend it! We look forward to a return trip next summer for our 25th anniversary.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jane M
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a long weekend. Location is convenient, close to French Quarter and fairly quiet. Gorgeous lobby and lobby bar. Room was pretty clean and the bed was comfortable. Compared to the lobby the rooms were nothing special, but in total it's good value.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dusin
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This place is a joke!!! NO room service at all!! Piles of Old trash left out on terrace! Only food at the hotel is airplane quality snacks! No coffee (forget a machine in your room) unless u go to the lobby before 11am!!! AC in my room wouldn't turn on, and they didnt even hace a maintenace guy, the poor guy at the front desk is the valet, the bell man, the doorman, the concierge, the maintenance guy, im absolutely serious! how this gets a 4 star rating is an absolute mystery. Stay away there are far better hotels with actual things like AC, room service, and proper house cleaning!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Mrjdfletch
AmyReimer, General Manager at International House Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We certainly are very sorry that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us. We do take great pride in our service and offer Whole Foods brand items in our honor bar. We will take a look at the items and perhaps add a few other snacks to make sure that we have a good selection.