“AWESOME STAFF,Great hotel”

Ranked #86 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“AWESOME STAFF,Great hotel”
Reviewed 6 October 2012

To say that I was pleased with this hotel is truly an understatement. I must start with the high point-the staff. EVERYONE was polite, friendly and accomodating. My husband and I booked this trip because we had been given the limitless duty of planning our annual family reunion this upcoming year. We contacted this hotel and many others to get group pricing etc. We decided at the very last minute that we should take a trip to NOLA to scope out the potential places, hotels, parks, and restaurants. We booked our stay through hotels tonight. I was sceptical at first because my experience with booking through these type of means, often have you in the worst room and area of the hotel, NOT THE CASE HERE! We arrived late because we drove from Atlanta right after work. Immediately the bellhop greeted us at the door, the front desk greeted us right away with a smile. The room was nice and clean, the staff friendly and helpful. The following day we got up to eat breakfast. I have never been treated with such great customer service. EVERYONE seemed to really want to make our stay welcoming. Then we met the restaurant manager JAMES MILLER. He was the icing on the cake. We ended up talking with him and explaining our reason for being there. He then took the time out of his schedule and showed us around the hotel. Letting us get a full picture of what our days would be like if we decided to book with them for our family reunion. I promise you I thought customer service had become exstinct like the dinosaurs, this hotel has given me such great joy to say that is hasn't. Le Pavillon can hold conferences to teach other in this field on how to make their customers happy.
Now as far as the hotel itself-Room very clean, a bit small, but overall a great stay. The decore is victorian style presidential type flair. Different but I liked it. I felt like I had stepped into the 1700's and had been invited to a ballroom banquet with our founding fathers. The banquet rooms great, food tastety. And by the way did I mention that I had a rambunctious 2 year old with me! It didnt' seem very kid friendly at first, but the staff immediately changed my mind. My son was a loud, crying, active blur. The didn't seem to mind at all. Giving him a baloon, crayons, bananas, etc. They when out of their way to make him happy as well. If you are looking for a great hotel that is in close proximity to everything, reasonably priced, and has EXCEPTIONAL staff, I would stay here. Like I said the rooms are a bit small, but, we managed just fine! GREAT GREAT PLACE!!! Thanks again James Miller!

The Gregorys
Oct 6 2012

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Korean first
Los Gatos, California
Reviewed 5 October 2012

We just returned from a 3-night stay at Le Pavillon. What a beautiful hotel, but the staff makes the entire experience. I made my reservations through Expedia and noted under comments that we were there to celebrate a birthday (mine!). When we arrived about 10:00 p.m.we received the deluxe King room that was very spacious and had already had turn down service with robes laid out and a bottle of champagne chilling, a chocolate cake with a candle and lovey birthday note from the manager! What a way to start off!

Gustave was at the front desk and so helpful, pointing us to great restaurants, places to go, etc. Lou was the concierge on our first day (and Gustave day 2!) and was so helpful. Cedric was the doorman and we felt every time we left and returned to his big smile and infectious laugh that we were coming home.

Thanks to Le Pavillon we had a great time--it rained almost the entire time we were there, changing our plans from swamp tours, etc. But between Gustave and Lou, we found things to do (World War II museum, covered market, city tour that was fantastic!, etc.) and still enjoy our trip.

We never hit the peanut butter and jelly at the right time, but one night coming in about 12:00 they heard us saying we wished it was still out and provided us with bags of pre-made P,B & J sandwiches all made and wrapped. A perfect snack after a few hours on Bourbon Street! ;-)

In terms of location, it was a nice 15-minute walk to Cafe Dumonde and about an 8 minute walk to Bourbon Street. Very quiet and away from the craziness of the Quarter...

I would definitely come back!

Room Tip: We were on the sixth floor...very quiet!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 4 October 2012

My boyfriend and I live in New Orleans and we wanted to do something special for our anniversary, but didn't really have the time or money to take a trip. We decided to stay at Le Pavillon.
The hotel sent us a questionnaire prior to check in and I indicated that it was our anniversary. Upon arrival, we were not only greeted warmly by the staff, but found a bottle of wine, a tray of chocolate covered strawberries, and a lovely card from the manager. It was a very nice touch.
I've seen complaints that the bedspreads seemed dirty, but our room was spotless. The room does have a historic touch, but I never felt like I was in a dusty old museum! The walls ARE a little thin, but it didn't bother me.
We really enjoyed everything about the hotel--the staff, the rooftop pool and hot tub, the PB&J late night buffet, the beauty of the place itself. I would most certainly stay here again and recommend it to friends.

1 Thank Mandi C
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Took my first trip to NOLA mid-September with a friend. Stayed at Le Pavillion because even though I'm in the hotel industry I wanted something unique and in the true style of the city. I was not disappointed. The hotel is beautiful. Very old, ornate and very French. It is about 5 blocks from the FQ so no worries on noise and even closer to the River and Casino. We took the shuttle from the airport(much recommended) it's easy and very efficient. Took maybe 20 mins or so?? We checked in and found our room delightful. Gorgeous two queen beds(the most comfortable sleep ever), side table and two chairs, bathroom not huge but plenty of room, no closet but dresser drawers. We had asked ahead for a fridge so it, coffee maker and micro were there..not sure if that is standard? Mini bar..be careful..didn't see until later the sign that states once items removed they are scanned as used. The front desk was exceptional about understanding our story of just looking and playing but not actually using. The rooftop pool /hot tub area is amazing. Plenty of chairs, tables and chaises and a great view of the city esp at night. Tip...you can order from the bar downstairs and they will bring to you but 18% gratitiuty and tax...might want to take from the mini bar in room and bring up..a little cheaper or from the bar downstairs or bring your own..plenty of package stores nearby ;)...the bar downstairs is a wonderful hangout. The bartenders are pleasant and knowledgeable and their hurricanes are fabulous and ask for a French martini..delicious. The bar does close at 12:30am so best to stop in before going out unless you retire early like me. We did not try the restaurant but it looked wonderful and someone did order gumbo and have it in the bar and it smelled divine. I loved this hotel. The staff was superb and I would def recommend and return.

1 Thank June A
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Great place! Very charming and convenient. About 10 min walk from the French quarter, so it wasn't too loud or crazy, but also on a main street and close to many streetcar and bus lines that go all over the city. The staff are really great and the hotel has a lovely rooftop pool and hottub. The rooms have sort of a nice antique southern style to them, but were nicely updated with modern features (keyless entry, good water pressure, huge pillowtop mattresses, big TVs, fast internet connection). They have a PB&J nighttime snack tradition from 10-11pm each night that was fun, too! The staff are very helpful in terms of providing directions (they know how the buses work!) and storing bags and calling taxis, etc. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 27 September 2012

This hotel had been booked by an event coordinator for a group so all credit goes to her. The hotel is about 5 blocks off Canal Street, the center of New Orleans. Bordering the hotel on the south is Carondolet Ave. which turns into Bourbon. For five days we used that pathway to get to and fro the French Quarter.

But what did I like. I liked the service first and foremost. We were greeted upon arrival, arrived in our room where the concierge had flowers delivered for my wife ahead of our arrival. The bell man had luggage at our door within minutes. The concierge also took it upon himself to have a bottle of champagne and four chocolate covered strawberries delivered to our room in recognition of our 20th wedding anniversary (which conveniently fell during this meeting).

I liked the vintage look of this hotel including the ornate chandeliers in the lobby, the old world adornment in the hallways, the custom touches in the room with the monogrammed LP for Le Pavillon. Good branding people!

I liked the pool on the 11th floor (although we never used it) I liked the convenience of the bar and the dining room, I liked the promptness of service from the desk people to the door man to the concierge (Gustave Von Budungen). I liked the fact that many of them became familiar to us over five days to the point we could greet them by name. Very comfortable.

And yes, I liked the quirky routine of putting out peanut butter and jelly ingredients each evening at 10:00 pm. I looked forward each night to returning to the warm ambiance of a glowing hotel entrance knowing that I could have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on raisin bread with a cold glass of milk before I went to bed.

Good service at reasonable prices with a convenient location make this a winner.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank KenVicLee
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 26 September 2012

A lovely hotel! Within walking distance of the Superdome and Bourbon Street, this property is full of charming touches! The peanut butter and jelly was a welcomed treat after travel. We plan to return !

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room---unfortunately, we were located next door to a bachelorette party suite. Bed...