“Great one night stay!”
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Le Pavillon Hotel
Ranked #86 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Staying at Le Pavillon exceeded my expectations. I blindly booked a one-night stay through Hotwire for $135 (plus taxes and fees) but upon arrival, with my adult daughter, got upgraded to a two-bedroom, two bath suite with a living room! Surprise! Although the decor in the suite was dated, overdone in a wanna-be, elegant, old world style and a bit frayed at the edges, the space was very comfortable. The beds may have been the most comfy we've ever slept on, complete with down comforters and pillows -- lots of them. I had a great night of sleep. Although check-in was very slow, service was otherwise attentive, gracious and warm. Because we checked in late -- after the hotel's nightly, 10 p.m. ritual of serving peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in the lobby, the bellman brought a tray of them to our suite with milk around 1 a.m.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,958)

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Spent 4 nights at Le Pavillon in mid Dec 2013. What a wonderful hotel. Great staff that went out of the way to make us welcome and comfortable. Beautiful rooms, lobby, bars and dining room. You felt like it was a 6 star NYC Upper-East side hotel but without the upper-east price. The hotel is close to great restaurants and the Bourbon street area, but far enough away to not be crowded out by the nightlife. I'd stay at the Le Pavillon again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I'd imagine all the rooms are great. Just stay there, you won't regret it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RingoONE
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this beautiful hotel. The bed was one of the best we've found on our travels. After we booked the room, we were sent an email questionnaire to find out what type of room we wanted. The email also asked about activities they could help us arrange. I thought this was excellent customer services. When we arrived, the room was quiet and allowed for the rest we needed between our trips around the city. This was exactly what we wanted. Even with the chaos of the Sugar Bowl crowd outside, the hotel was quiet and peaceful. The physical location was perfect for exploring the city by foot. It was very close to the French Quarter, the Super Dome, and walking distance to the WWII museum. The trolley stops were nearby and easy to access for sight seeing. The hotel's staff went out of their way to assist us. When we needed a cab they had one for us immediately. We appreciated the consistent effort to help us enjoy our stay in New Orleans. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MJK405
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This hotel was absolutely lovely! I would definitely stay here again if I could. It was nicely decorated and actually kind of fancy with its shoe polish and heat option in the bathroom and also when you shower and it fogs up the whole mirror, there is a small square above the sink where it doesn't fog up that one square. Its definitely the little things that counted with this hotel. We loved it, the beds were comfy and the PB&J bar is something you don't see everyday! This is a must stay hotel visit!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This was our first stay in New Orleans and the location of the hotel was perfect as well as the hotel itself. Walking distance from the French Quarter was perfect and we were not in the noise of the NYE celebration. We stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed their nightly 10 PM PB& J Bar- the kids loved it. We had double queen room which was small but again the decor was amazing. We also got a chance to enjoy the rooftop hot tub even in the rainy weather. The staff is very accommodating and helpful. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My stay was great overall hotel staff was great. The hotel was beautiful and clean. Convenient location downtown. The two things I had a problem with was hotels.com said they would charge me at the hotel but the hotel charged my credit card ahead of time. I informed the desk and staff there advised they couldn't do anything about it. We were going for the Sugar Bowl game, and I didn't want to be late so I did not argue with her. The last thing is to park your car it is a 35.00 fee which I was unaware of until I got to the hotel. A heads up would have been nice. Close to 5 star but not quite.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles W
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Our first time in New Orleans. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary over New Year's. A classic old hotel within a 10 minute walk of the French Quarter beautifully maintained. We were glad to be away from the noise during New Year's celebrations and enjoyed the exercise. Excellent service all round. I booked online through Expedia, then ran into problems, the hotel was very accommodating. Changed my reservation with no fee even though the fine print required it. I asked for my room to be upgraded to a king even though only a queen was available online. They gave us a King plus a bottle of champagne!

Concierge, doorman, front desk, bar, very helpful and gracious. Room a tad small but very comfortable. Great bed. The dining room was lovely and the prix fixe meal we had one evening was pretty good. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Higher floors less noisy. Room 722.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple