“Nice old hotel”

Le Pavillon Hotel
Ranked #87 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
“Nice old hotel”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

A friend and I stayed here Sunday through Tuesday for Mardi Gras. The hotel was in the perfect location for us. It it's just 4 blocks away from the French Quarter, where we dined and had drinks and it was only 2 blocks away from the parades. The hotel is beautiful and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The beds, pillows and blankets are extremely comfortable. We had the breakfast there one morning. It was okay but I would suggest venturing out. New Orleans has a few amazing places to go for brunch. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shelsmo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Korean first
Elkins, Arkansas
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I arrived as part of a business trip with about 45 other travellers. Prior to arrival, I had requested a fridge in my room and a room on a high floor.

When I arrived at 4:30 PM, I went to the front desk for check-in and was told that there were no rooms on high floors available so I would have to wait for one. After I was told this, two others from my party who had not requested high floors were given rooms on the 9th (top) floor, and went on their way. I had to wait for an hour and a half for my room and I was finally given a room on the third floor.

When I asked about the fridge, I was told that they had overbooked their fridges (even though both of my companions got one). I was told by the staff that I could have anything out of the mini bar because of the error. To clarify, I asked Jessica, the front desk person, if that meant I would not be charged for anything I ate/drank from the mini bar. She said that was right. She said she would put a note in the system not to charge me for anything out of the mini bar. Because of this, I was willing to overlook the long wait after an exhausting flight and the lack of accomodations as I had requested.

That evening, as I was leaving for dinner, I re-asked the question about the mini bar and I was once again told that the mini bar was being comped. So, I used the mini bar. I only drank waters and a couple of sodas (I didn't touch any of the alcohol) and I ate some of the candy.

The day before checkout, I went to the front desk and wanted to make sure that Jessica's note had made it to everyone else. I was told by a rude front desk supervisor that Jessica would have had no right to make that decision and that I would have to pay for everything I took which added up to $140 ($6 waters add up quick). After arguing with her for a half an hour, she told me she would lower the bill to $43. I still didn't think that was fair, but I could tell that she wasn't budging anymore. Even if you took all that I ate/drank, it wouldn't add up to $43 in a normal setting.

Otherwise, the hotel was fine. The bed was comfortable. It had almost everything you would want in a hotel room. I just can't get past the horrendous customer service I experienced.

3 Thank Eric L
Lomita, California
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I thought the hotel was beautiful and the staff and service is top notch! There are so many details in the decorations, it's amazing! The peanut butter and jelly served every night was such a nice treat as well!! I will stay there again when I go back!

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tonifejer
Chicago
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Of course the building itself is impressing and the lobby too. Besides that you are in an OLD hotel with furniture and bathrooms outdated. Nothing out of the ordinary. The location is perfect, my bed was excellent and service was above average, besides that you are not missing too much. I have to recognize that I only spent one night at the hotel, checking in late and checking out around in the morning. There was some noise easily audible but it was Carnival so you have to be prepared. And update to this hotel starting from the elevator, passing through bathrooms and ending in the alarm clock, is urgent.

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Old world charm, exceptional service, super comfortable beds! What more can you ask for in a hotel? All this and PBJ sandwiches and the best cocoa ever at 10pm.
This is not a hotel, it is an experience.i couldn't shine going to New Orleans without staying there.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve L
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 February 2014

From the minute you are greeted at the door you are in for a wonderful experience. The lobby, lounge, and restaurant are beautiful. Our room had an old-world charm and was a generous size by today's standards. Bathroom was beautifully appointed though counter space is a bit cramped. Location is convenient and only a 5 minute walk to Canal Street and 10 minutes to Jackson Square. Lovely place. Lovely stay. Would definitely go back.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 27 February 2014

disclosure: did not stay on the property, but ate there, enjoyed the lobby, and were impressed with everyone and everything from the parking lot attendants, to the cute concierge (from Switzerland, no less) to the young lady staffing the front desk (a local, earnest and just starting her life). We actually went by the place 2x (long story -- our time in NOLA was very brief this trip). I hope to stay there on my next visit. The lobby itself is worth the visit...full disclosure: feeling culture-starved in SoCal.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family