“Grand hotel, needs updating”
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Le Pavillon Hotel
Ranked #87 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Indianapolis, IN
“Grand hotel, needs updating”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The hotel lobby and dining room is gorgeous. Just what I would expect in a grand old hotel. The décor even extends to the heavy drapes surrounding the elevator doors on each floor. There are a lot of painted murals and embellishments which add to the charm. I was also impressed with the staff. Everyone was pleasant, and very helpful. I was disappointed in the room however. We had a two queen room which was fairly large for an old New Orleans hotel but it was showing some wear and tear. There were six light bulbs in the room but only three worked. The interior fabric on the desk lamp shade was torn. The caulking around the sink was mildewed along the back and it appeared that they had made repairs to the grout in the shower but had not gotten rid of the mildew first so it was coming through again. We had issues with the AC as well. The thermostat is not marked with numbers and the fan control only controls the speed so getting the room comfortable was difficult. The room was cool but there had been a tremendous amount of rain so there was some humidity in the air, and the room felt damp all the time. The bath amenities and towels were very nice which was important to my wife. I did think that the electronically monitored mini-bars had gone away a long time ago though. The valet parking was higher than I was used to but they were very prompt. The hotel is also a little further from the French Quarter than we like but it is also further from the craziness which has advantages.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Korean first
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here for three night during my trip to New Orleans. This is not a complaint review at all, everyone there was extremely nice. The staff wanted to make you happy, you could tell. But in my opinion I feel for the price they charge you could have more amenities or a better location. I am glad I got to experience the hotel, And I'm thankful for the staff and how are they treated us.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StabbyMcG
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I adore classic New Orleans art and history so my friend recommended this place - its a perfect blend of the newest culture and classic. i not only stayed here once but twice when my flight got pushed - thats 4 nights over a series of 9 days. I loved all of it! the gym the rooftop pool the paintings the beds the PB&Js at night! i could live here for years! thank you so much for all you did during my stay and i cannot wait to return in the fall to once again live it up at Le Pavillion!

Room Tip: book as far in advance as possible, the higher the floor the better, id say. The evening Peanut Butt...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Texas
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Beautiful, grand, historic hotel that is in a great location. We did not rent a car and the hotel was central to the French Quarter and WW2 Museum and plenty of restaurants. The staff was outstanding and accommodating. The late night peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were a nice treat. And turn down service at night with cookies and bottled water was a special touch. The hotel is nicely decorated and clean. Rooftop pool and hottub are a refreshing retreat. The only thing that lessened this great hotel was the worn bathtub and grout.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The interior decor is in Gilded Age style making you feel like you traveled in time to early 1900's. The rooms are clean and the staff is very helpful. The pool was heated and the view from the rooftop is great, especially after sunset.
My only complaint was the noise from the staff using a vacuum cleaner to clean the hallway on our floor before 10 am.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Plainfield, United States
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Le Pavillon is the place to stay if you want to be pampered and really feel like you are on vacation! The hotel is beautiful and the service was top notch! Loved the rooftop pool and jacuzzi at night! Fun fun fun!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel sent an auto email questionnaire just days before our stay, requesting specific needs (higher or lower floor, room near elevators or away, non-feather pillows, and so on) to best accommodate our stay. That was a nice touch. We checked in very late and the staff had our keys readily available. The gentleman who checked us in handed me the key to our room, then handed me my colleagues' (as I was checking everyone in) and he made a point to particularly specify which room was mine. Then he swiftly switched keys, saying, "no, this is your room." I joked, asking if he was changing me to the better room and he said, "yes, this other one is better." When we reached our rooms, however, it was clear that he was right first time and should not have changed keys, as my colleague was on the floor labeled non-smoking, his room had the non-feather pillows, was on a requested higher floor-- all as requested on the questionnaire--and two bathrobes were laid out on the bed for the two people in my room. His was indeed the better room; plus, the bathroom was better-- remodeled & modern. No biggie, though, as he & I just swapped pillows and all was fine. But you'd think the check-in staff would be more familiar with their rooms and fulfilling the response to they're own questionnaire...otherwise, why bother to send it?

Regardless of that little bungle, we loved our stay. Rooms are spacious. Beds are very comfortable.

Shower water pressure is low, but temperature is solid; there was always ample hot water during our stay. Our room had a fabric valance over the shower curtain that was covered in dust--needs a good washing, or toss out; it was also awkward to duck under when getting into and out of the shower. Bathroom wallpaper on the toilet side could use a good scrubbing. Other than those two things, our room was very clean. Toilet paper is soft...yay!

Strong, free WiFi. Hairdryer & safe in room.

Reasonable, easy walk to Garden District & French Quarter, or a very short taxi ride.

A gem of a find is Victory bar down the side street; excellent hand-crafted cocktails made with care, plus good food. Also hit City Greens (block away) on the way out of town--good, healthy salads & wraps on the go.

We would return to Le Pavillon in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2014