“Customer Service dream”
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Le Pavillon Hotel
Ranked #86 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times and each time is better than the last. The rooms beautifully decorated, clean, and quite. The drawn baths are a wonderful way to wind down after a busy day. The hotel is located within walking distance of Bourbon Street, the river, and many great restaurants. If you are into "haunted" hotels I have heard this one is, though I have never experienced this. I would highly recommend this property. The customer service is excellent, from the front desk to the housekeeping staff. It is no wonder to me that this hotel is listed in The Leading Hotels of the World, and is refered to as "The Belle of New Orleans".

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,957)

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The LaPavillon was the 4th of our deep south tour. It was the most expensive and the most hyped.
I was really looking forward to the stay here but on arrival I refused to stay in the room that had been allocated. It was small, dingy and overstuffed with furniture. The wall paper was grubby, the bathroom tiles cracked and the towels stained.
The receptionist passed me on to the concierge who told me they were fully booked. I checked my phone app and found a similar quality hotel had space two blocks away, so I decided to check out. Imagine my surprise when they suddenly found another room! The second room was larger but still dingy, poorly lit, difficult to pull drapes and broken bedside cabinet drawers. It did have plenty of space with a comfy bed. See photos.
I was very surprised to find that there were no coffee/tea facilities in the room, so had to resort to room service. Tea, cold by the time it arrived
At breakfast the next day we were treated to a condescending, patronising and sarcastic waiter who was clearly put out by the fact that we had asked for English breakfast tea! took 20 minutes to find it in the basement????
I must say the ladies serving at breakfast were very charming and pleasant to talk to.
If you must stay at this hotel look out for the many hidden charges - $20 to look in the fridge regardless of whether you have anything, $8 on top of the set fee if you have orange juice with breakfast. $35 + tax + tip to park.
This could be a vey good hotel but don't believe the hype. It is not worth staying here just or the peanut and jelly sandwich's.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DaveBristol53
Service_LePavillon, Front Office Manager at Le Pavillon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2015

DaveBristol53, The hotel is now under new ownership and we have high hopes for its future improvement. Comments such as yours allow us a much better perspective of the problems that our guests experience and allow us to do our best to prevent them in the future. We thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We always look forward to hearing your comments and suggestions and hope that you will not be deterred from visiting us again during your next trip to New Orleans.

Renee Maronge
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I very much enjoyed my stay with girlfriends at Le Pavillon. The room was spacious and clean. The staff was attentive, and the location was nice. Near the action, but not in the action. The nightly PB&J sandwiches were a nice touch, and a great way for my girlfriends and I to wind down after our days of sightseeing. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank diznymommy
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Although we typically stay in the French Quarter this hotel had the charm of New Orleans with all the hotel amenities that we wanted. It's beautiful in a gaudy way but exactly what I expect from New Orleans- Over the Top! The staff was amazing and who knew that late night peanut butter and jelly sandwiches would be such a hit with my husband and 12 year old daughter. The beds were very comfortable and the roof top pool was small but very nice. You must take the stairs down at least once, they have pictures of the original marble staircase there and you can still see part of the original marble columns it was really great. Short walk to trolly to get to Garden District and easy walk to get to French Quarter, no trolly needed. They gave us great advice about the Easter parades which were a tremendous amount of fun when we could pull our daughter away from the small petting zoo they had brought in for Easter including baby ducks, chicks and bunnies. The concierge was great at helping my husband get us a rental car so we could hit the plantations the last day.

Room Tip: The elevators are slow so if you will be in a hurry, ask for a lower floor and enjoy the stairs and...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I have now stayed at the Le Pavillion Hotel in the downtown business district of New Orleans several times and it is my clear favorite. Not only is the location perfect for me when I have business in the CBD (Central Business District) but the property and staff are outstanding (Antoine, one of the bell staff, still greets me by name when I arrive!). I prefer the "Junior Suite" room because it is not only a little larger than the regular room but they are decorated in ante bellum decor that I love. The food in the restaurant is as good as any in the French Quarter and the bar atmosphere is perfect (not to mention Pam who is the evening hostess in the bar being an absolute jewel!). Then there is their signature Peanut Butter and Jelly buffet at 10 p.m. nightly that should not be missed. Bottom line? Not the largest and not the fanciest but definitely one of the best.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank drtaggart
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Since there is no rating of 3.5 available, the hotel gets a 4-minus. The lobby is immaculate and the staff is very helpful and accommodating. Our first room was not cleaned properly, so the front desk upgraded us to the "leisure suite." It was just not our taste; very dark curtains and a lot of dark red fabric above the headboard. It looked like Marie Antoinette had stayed there. The other rooms were more open and lighter. The Bloody Mary's in the bar are excellent. The PB&J sandwiches at 10-11 p.m. came in handy and are a nice touch. Amenities, especially the towels, are above average. Location is great as it is a few blocks from the Quarter and it was very convenient to get a cab to Jazz Fest. Price was very fair for this time of the year. We had been wanting to stay there for a long time but will probably not go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Was fortunate enough to get this place booked up for WrestleMania weekend in April. We checked in on a Friday night and stayed until late Monday. What a stay it was. The building was clean, tidy and well kept. The staff was pleasant. The guy at the door wears a top hate, the girls at the restaurant are young and cute and eager to fill you in on NOLA.

They were accommodating in everyway. I received a large item as a souvenir from the show and they had in house UPS shipping so I didn't even have to leave the hotel with it. It arrived safely to my house with no problem.

The pool on the roof was incredible, as was the hot tub. Definitely a great way to end a date! We were only able to eat at the hotel once, for Sunday brunch, but boy, what a meal it was. Everything was delicious, from the omelets to the French toast. It ended up being pricy because we were asked if we liked a mimosa, so that technically turned out buffet into the "Champagne Breakfast." We only had one mimosa each, but it was like $45 a head. That's not their fault though, as the mimosas are unlimited, so if you plan on enjoying them it's a great price.

They provide a PB & J bar at night, which is unheard off, but incredibly awesome.

Couldn't ask for a better location too. Within walking distance of everything we needed- Bourbon St., French Quarter, Convention Center, Superdome and Smoothie King Center. Good, clean area to walk around, day or night, solo or with a group.

I even had a little too much to drink on Bourbon Street my last night, and while I'm sure they wouldn't stand for someone being loud and obnoxious at night, they certainly didn't ridicule me for showing up in less than stellar shape on my way back up to the room!

Can't wait to go back.

Side note- may be haunted- my buddy heard someone whisper to him, but if you believe in that sort of thing, just be respectful and enjoy your time there, respect the premises and all will be good! Haha.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends