“smooth service great location and charm in NOLA”
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Le Pavillon Hotel
Ranked #90 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We just returned from our fourth stay at Le Pavillon; where we've visited since 2005. It is tough to keep up standards over such a long time period (and btw, after recuperating from Katrina), but the staff at Le Pavillion remain as attentive and helpful as ever. Our room was charming, comfortable bed, all amenities and a very nice bath; tres Francais! The little touches do count--for example, quick drinks service at the rooftop pool (a relaxing spot on a warm day), eager help when you arrive, someone getting me an extra cup of coffee to go late in the AM, someone meeting me and taking my bag so I could carry coffee on my way to check out. And the concierges are marvelous--quick with interesting suggestions and so knowledgeable of the dining and sightseeing options. One of the concierges has penned his own walking tours of The Garden District and Algiers--very well done and charming. Breakfast is also a feast and who can forget the PBJ tradition at 10PM every night.
All this and good location in business district, walkable to the quarter and the trolleys, plus reasonably priced. Thank you Le Pavillion for staying great!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,962)

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is an old hotel, like many other hotels in New Orleans it is said to be haunted. We didn't notice much of that, but the hallways had an air of The Shining... That said it is a charming hotel, nice staff, and clean rooms. Very comfortable beds. But beware of opening the minibar, they have infra red controls. It's to bad that you cannot use the fridge to cool your water, since they are fully stocked with food. Don't miss the free PB&J:s served every night in the lobby. A perfect evening snack.

The neighbourhood was nice, not too far to walk from the French Quarter and nice to get away from all the partying.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lottagus
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This hotel is in a great location. Not to far from public transportation yet out of the chaos. Like Mt.Olympus nestled in the concrete jungle, the decor, architecture, and ambiance is old world elegant. It isn't tired, though. Everything is this historic hotel is clean, updated, and immaculate. As elegant as it is, it is not pretentious. The staff stays true to the spirit of the city. The staff is professional, but they have a disarming, easy friendliness that makes you feel comfortable and like a cherished guest. The concierges were all outstanding and the doormen were equal parts helpful and playful. We did an all girl family trip with older women and younger. They treated my disabled mother like she was there own mom or grandma. The price was an unbelievable bonus for such a gorgeous place. Luxury bedding, flat screens, great bathrooms, a rooftop pool and hot tub, and a very nice bar and restaurant achievable on a middle class budget. I have travelled a lot, so you can believe me when I say that Le Pavillon is getting it right. Look no further.oh, and don't forget about the nightly peanut butter and jelly buffet and hot cocoa bar! Are you kidding? Nothing says love like a pb&j!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I always wanted to stay at this hotel and I finally got my chance. I found a deal on a booking site.
It was lovely and ornate. The service was wonderful I felt like the staff really cared about my needs. The rooms service (although very pricey) was wonderful and personal, the servers were always lightning fast and made sure everything was to my liking.
My room was a little over crowded with all the hotels items for sale, waters, robes, slippers, mini bar items, there wasnt much room for my things thats my only complaint.
I slept very very well, no noise at all from street or other guests.
I would also had prefered a wine reception rather then the peanut butter and jelly they serve guests in the eve- I didnt try it.

Room Tip: you can get a deal on booking sites ! and this hotel can be affordable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The rooms are a little dated and the rugs a little run down, but you can see that this once was a majestic Hotel. The Concierge Jaques, was extremely helpful with our reservations and excursions. I come to New Orleans at least once a year and am so glad I stayed here and some "chain" hotel. P.S. Please do check your mini fridge expiration date on items my juices were all expired by 5 months. They did comp all my mini fridge charges and changed out all of the good inside. The pool area is small and the jacuzzi was broken.

3  Thank isis1671
Reviewed 4 June 2014

the best place we have ever stayed. late night peanut-butter and jelly sandwiches in the lobby every night, wonderful staff, everyone was so very helpful. The beds were comfortable, with down pillows and down feather beds. Right on the edge of the french quarters, within walking distance to all the sights. We would highly recommend this grand hotel to everyone, Plus for the service it is reasonably priced.

1  Thank Winriver
Reviewed 3 June 2014

A great hotel to stay at if your looking for something close to it all. The late night greeting with peanut butter tea sandwiches made you feel welcome the moment we arrived! Cedric was the nicest doorman I've ever met and wonderful Robert in the hotel bar makes a mean mintjulip!

The hotel room was quaint and the excersise facility was rooftop. we were hoping to encounter a ghost in the beautiful dining area or in teh spacious hallways but no such luck! Id stay in this hotel again without any hesitations!

It was my first trip to New Orleans and certainly wont be my last! Fantastic southern hospitality and a cozy "feels like home" atmosphere!

Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed up high and enjoyed it!