“Go Saints”

Ranked #87 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Saint Francisville, Louisiana
“Go Saints”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Le pavillion for our 34th wedding anniversary. The beautiful ambiance of this historic hotel and the friendly staff upon arrival made us aware we had chosen correctly. From the moment we drove in, the valet staff and bellhop service was quick and friendly. They removed our luggage from the car and whisked it up to our room. Awesome! We had a great time with my son and his girlfriend relaxing and visiting with them in the antiqued furnished lobby of the hotel after watching the New Orleans Saints win its preseason game. Go Saints! The hotel is within walking distance to the Superdome (an added plus).
I especially appreciated the added fluffy pillows in the closet as I enjoy sleeping with extra pillows.
I found the ceiling fan over the bed a great southern charm which we appreciate in our own home.
The bed was comfortable, the rooms were clean and smoke free. The hallways were even decorated with antiques at the elevator entrances.

3 Thank Mike Lea W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Korean first
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This was our second time staying at Le Pavillon. The staff is always courteous and helpful. It is within walking distance to just about everything that one would come to NOLA for. Rooms are clean and spacious and well equipped.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tiffany C
Lafayette, LA
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We normally love it here. Came last month and had a great experience. One of the elevators was broken so long waits,etc. no big deal. Here exactly one month later. The same elevator is still broken. What the heck? Also when we checked in last night, we could not get into out room so they sent engineering up to help us. He came back a few minutes later and changed the entire door knob ( the bell boy wanted us to just keep trying with the key). So all was well. We were out all day shopping and enjoying NOLA. Just got back to the room. Can't get in. This hotel needs to get their act together. I am not happy. For the $ u spend, u should b able to get into ur room especially when they know it's a problem. Also that's if u can EVEN GET ON the elevator to get to your room

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank MzLadybug
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My wife and I spent four days at Le Pavillon a week ago and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff was always helpful and professional, and we found the hotel conveniently located about a mile or so from the French Quarter! We particularly enjoyed the complimentary peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at 10:00 every night, with your choice of hot chocolate or other beverage. How charming and delightful!! My reservation in rating the hotel excellent has to due with the condition of the bathroom, which was in need of a serious update, including repainting (our room featured peeling ceiling paint and dirty tile!). Aside from this, our stay was terrific and we would stay here on our next visit to New Orleans.

Room Tip: Avoid the king size beds. They were a bit lumpy and uncomfortable!
2 Thank ronaldt891
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This was a beautiful, elegant hotel with excellent service. The daily dinner special in the hotel dining room were fantastic and not expensive. The bread pudding is to die for! My only objection is that it is further from the French Quarter than I expected. Not a problem because of readily available cabs, but not really walking distance for the average person.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lorraine R
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Not even a glass of wine…

I stayed at Le Pavillon for three weeks in July 2014, during a work-related project at a nearby law firm. I regret to say, my experience ranks high on my list of disappointing hotels. It is a party hotel, not a place for professional business travelers.

Prior to booking my room through Transient Sales Manager Lisa Emboulas Farrell, who was professional, kind, and informative, I expressed to the manager on duty, Renee Maronge that as an extended-stay guest, I preferred a quiet location. Soon after checking in to my first room by the elevator, I was moved to 710 and set up for a comfortable stay.

DISTURBANCES:
After noticing considerable noise next door the first afternoon, I was told by the concierge on duty, Jacques de Latour, that should there be a disturbance from guests during the night, I should call the desk, and security would take care of it. He also said that if security had to be called a second time, the guests would be immediately evicted. This was the assurance I needed.

On separate occasions – 1) during the Essence Music Festival, 2) during a large family reunion, and 3) after a Beyoncé concert, I contacted the management about noise disturbances near my room in the early hours of the morning. Two of the disturbances were severe and required security intervention – twice.

One evening (morning) around 4 AM, I awoke to loud conversations and laughter outside my door. Six adults – a father figure and five others were spread out in the hallway drinking beer and talking loudly. When I asked them to tone it down, the father figure responded sarcastically, “We’re trying to sleep, too,” followed by laughter. I called the front desk.
Security came to ask the occupants of three rooms to tone down the party. I returned to bed. The party in the hallway continued.

I summoned security a second time, and through the peephole, I saw and heard the guard threaten to phone the police, “… because, HE (referring to me) can’t sleep.” Security should never reveal the source of a complaint, even when presumption is probable.

After security left the second time, a member of the party rang my doorbell repeatedly, laughing loudly. A few minutes later, an adult female in a room across the hall could be heard saying, “… I don’t care if I wake up every single person in this hotel.” The noise didn’t stop until 5:15 AM.

The following day, I discussed the events with manager on duty Renee Maronge. I asked why the guests were not evicted, per hotel policy. She said she was reluctant to do that, because they occupied three rooms. Instead, she offered to move me to another location (no guarantee of improvement or mention of an upgrade), which I declined due to the inconvenience, as I had already carefully chosen my current room and settled in for my extended stay, plus I didn’t want to begin the room selection process all over again. By allowing the troublemakers to stay put, Renee had effectively placed the needs of unruly, obnoxious guests over mine.

RISK:
I was surprised that Renee Maronge would put the hotel at risk by allowing such people to remain in the hotel after a second intervention. The offending guests had already made retaliatory contact by ringing my doorbell. Had this situation escalated, there could have been serious legal ramifications.

My experience at Le Pavillon was so negative that, anticipating a rowdy second weekend, I left town, leaving my room paid for, but unused for two days. When I returned on Sunday, a work night for me, a large party started up at 1 AM next door. I dressed, went to the front desk and was told, “Well they’re all coming back from the Beyoncé concert, they’ll eventually settle down.” They did not settle down, and I called security a second time.

As I checked out, I told Renee that I would be writing about my experiences at Le Pavillon. I also told her that in all my travels and hotel experiences around the world, Le Pavillon was the only hotel that did not offer any gesture of apology when mishaps occurred – not an upgrade, not a complimentary breakfast, NOT EVEN A GLASS OF WINE.

ELEVATORS:
It is worth mentioning that only one elevator was operating throughout my 3-week stay. This was a huge inconvenience, considering the crowds and the special events taking place, and I am quite certain the single elevator was often filled beyond safety capacity.

RESTAURANT:
I will add that my one-time dining experience at the hotel restaurant was also not good. The salad was wilted, there were gnats flying around the table (also in the bar area...), and the pot roast, what little there was, was swimming in a soup-like sauce that had a sweet taste. My colleague had the same experience (different menu) on a different night.

PRAISE:
On a positive note, I would like to praise Manager on Duty Paula Carter, who expressed genuine concern for my experience. Early on, she kindly and efficiently arranged to have a refrigerator, bottles of water, and coffee maker placed in my room. I also appreciated the assistance of concierge Jacques de Latour, who lent a supportive ear when needed.

One endearing, and unusual, perk at Le Pavillon is their late-night Peanut Butter & Jelly gathering in the lobby. This was quite nice – assuming one could get into the single, over-crowded elevator.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near elevators.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
12 Thank Traveler B
Houma, Louisiana
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed in the Le Pavillon last weekend. We loved the rooftop pool and hot tub, esp at night. It is open until 1 AM and reopens at 5:00 AM. We also enjoyed the complimentary Peanut Butter and Jelly party at 10:00 PM. Yummy and unique! The staff was very friendly and helpful. We walked to the beautiful Riverwalk Mall. We shopped, ate beignets, and enjoyed street musicians, NOLA is filled with fun things to do, For us, it was a back-to-school getaway. If you love beautiful art and historical architecture. this hotel is for you! It's 100 years old and absolutely beautiful! (Note: The beds are queen sized, but t didn't bother us.)

3 Thank Tina T