“Wonderful hotel just a few blocks away from Bourbon St.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Le Pavillon Hotel
Ranked #81 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Ithaca NY
“Wonderful hotel just a few blocks away from Bourbon St.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

Planning our vacation to New Orleans, we had a few ideal characteristics for a hotel in mind. We wanted something with some old school charm and character. We also wanted something close to the noise and excitement of the French Quarter but just far enough away that we could get a break from that "buzz" if we wanted. And, of course, we wanted a great combination of a well-kept property and reasonably prices.

Le Pavillon met and/or exceeded all of these expectations. The 10:00pm PBJ sandwiches in the lobby and the possibility of running into a (well behaved) ghost added to the charm in a great way. The staff were always friendly and attentive. The roof-top pool was very nice for a break and a Bloody Mary. The St. Charles Street street car was just steps away.

I certainly recommend this hotel as we had a great time there.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
1 Thank DAS_2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

I hesitated at the doors when I arrived Le Pavilion. I couldn't believe this was the actual hotel I had booked! It was sheer opulence compared to the affordable rate I got! Such a beautiful hotel, inside and out. I really am lost for words on how to describe this hotel. My room was more than enough - beautiful decor, huge, clean, comfortable beds and an amazing bathroom. Location was perfect for exploring central New Orleans (including the French Quarter).

Every single staff member I encountered were extremley helpful, even the person who had finished their shift and helped me on their way out (when I was standing outside in frozen in awe).

I only stayed there for one night but if I ever head back to New Orleans, Le Pavillon will be the first hotel I check for availability.

ps: They have this amazing tradition of serving complimentary pbj sandwiches and hot chocolate (or milk) at 10pm every night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lifts. My room was directly opposite a lift thus I had other guests ch...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank kiwigirlabroad
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

I needed a stay cation in NOLA so I chose this hotel. I looked on yelp and trip advisor and narrowed it down to an affordable hotel that was historic and not modern, with a pool and away from the chaotic french quarter. The day of check in I called for early check in and they told me to come on over. I was greeted at the door and escorted to concierge where the lovely lady who checked me in totally understood the concept of a hard working women needing a day away from it all, and wished me a luxurious 24 hours of relaxation. When I entered the room I noticed it was small but perfect for me. Super cozy comfortable queen bed and a bathroom I could take a bath in. I took a bath immediately and then went to the roof to take in the pool and jacuzzi. Everyone else must have been out enjoying vacation while I was the only one at the pool enjoying my stay cation. Headed back down to my cozy room for room service, nap, read, another bath, and room service again. A perfect night sleep and breakfast in bed. I asked for late check out and that was granted too. I know its slow season in NOLA in the summer and this may not happen during festival season but I would never expect it then. I still needed down time before heading back out to the crazy world of responsibility so I hung out in the beautiful bar and read. Again I was lane since it was slow season so I got the chance to know the bartender that had been working there for 42 years. Turns out he's a neighbor. While I was there he was presented with "employee of the month" award. I highly recommend staying at Le Pavilion Hotel on stay cation or vacation.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

Le Pavillon is a uniquely grand and beautiful hotel. As a first-timer to New Orleans it was a luxurious and gorgeous introduction - situated close enough to, but far enough away, from the French Quarter.
The service here is attentive and intelligent and courteous. Thoughtful things like having a bowl of fresh fruit in the gym room, a phone to order room service from the rooftop pool area (how opulent), and the delightful ambience of swimming under the stars in the heated rooftop pool make me miss it already! Also wonderful is their late night tradition of peanut butter & jelly sandwiches and hot chocolate, which is very popular. Who can say no to a mug of hot chocolate enhanced with as much cream and marshmallows as your willpower will allow? Well, not me.
I stayed here in the heat of August, so my suggestion is that their air-con is made less arctic. Although it was 97 F outside, I had to wear a jumper and scarf indoors to eat at the restaurant or sit at the cocktail bar - it was freezing! Breakfasts and dinners are a delightful indulgence here, but I would have spent a bit more time indoors if not for the icy air-con. I recommend this hotel despite this, and I totally enjoyed the ambience, hospitality and luscious decor. You will feel really special if you stay here. Indulge yourself.

Room Tip: Book the most expensive room you can afford :)
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank SoulFoodWriter
danvers,mass
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

This was our second visit to this hotel , this hotel is absolutely beautiful and the roof top pool and hot tub are a must see . The only issues I had was that there was mold on the flange between the shower door and tub and if you happen to use the hot tub do not turn the jets up to high as the chlorine will burn your eyes and make them tear and choke you other than that perfect .

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank april m
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Overall good experience - friendly staff - historical building with unique theme - good access to the French quarter (5 min walk) Negative aspect was the parking cost was $40+ in change per night.

Looking to eat in New Orleans - Stay away from the Red Fish - costly for below avg food. Plus they really pushed their $34 fish entree that had frozen potatoes and peas under the small filet of fish.

I suggest Crescent City Steaks (Awesome gem of a place) Most go if you like steaks!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GonatasA
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

We booked a last minute stay in this fabulous hotel. Everything about this hotel screams opulence and luxury. The staff is impeccably mannered, dressed and observant of your every need. This hotel is seriously gorgeous, and their peanut butter sandwiches with hot chocolate tradition in the evening is very kitschy and notable. The pool on the roof is great, and the work out room is small but efficient. The room was spacious, comfortable and had nice, upscale amenities. It's probably 7+ blocks to the French Quarter - a bit of a walk, but still close enough to get there, not too close to the chaos. This hotel was a treat, and the buffet in the morning in the ballroom was delicious and fresh. We enjoyed every bit of it. The hallways for the guest rooms reminded us of the hallways in the movie "The Shining". Didn't see creepy kids or anything else from the movie, but in New Orleans, around so many ghosts, you never know...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family