“One of the best parts of our entire (amazing) trip!”
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Le Pavillon Hotel
Ranked #86 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 25 September 2009

My husband and I decided that for our trip to New Orleans, we would "hotel hop" and experience a few different places while we were there; we stayed at Le Pavillon our last night there for one night, and wished we had stayed there the entire long weekend, hands-down. It's located just across Canal St. (basically "on Bourbon", though Bourbon changes names) from Bourbon St., but is about 4 or 5 blocks down and in more of the business district. We were able to safely and quickly get to everything from Harrah's Casino, to the Aquarium, to everything up and down Bourbon St, on foot no matter what time of night or day. The staff there, from the Bellhop to the Bartender were impeccable and welcoming and more than helpful - they even let us BORROW two of their brand new $40 umbrellas for the afternoon during the ridiculous downpour, even though they already had a few used ones open...small detail, but it was the icing on the cake after being completely wowed and enchanted from the moment we walked in the door.

The roof-top pool and jacuzzi were incredible: romantic, amazing view, and beautifully "landscaped". Everything about the hotel: carpet, walls, windows, bathroom (even the shower head was SPARKLING!) was so clean you could have eaten off of it. The bathrooms had an abundance of towels and washcloths, and the hallways to the rooms felt like you were in an old historic home, not a hotel at all...each room even has it's own doorbell! You will not see "can lighting" or "modern touches" here...everything from the elevator doors to the recessed ceilings around the amazing chandeliers is done in beautiful murals, and you will be amazed at some of the massive antique pieces throughout (and the stories that go with them!).

An absolute gem, and we WILL be back...for more than one night!

1  Thank travelingmom678
Write a ReviewReviews (2,900)

Reviewed 17 September 2009

We were planning a trip to New Orleans and came across a really great deal to stay in a 4 star hotel in New Orleans for $79 a night. We were very leary of the deal and tried to read every review we could find to make sure that this was the place that we should stay at. After all the price was the best we could find. Well we were so pleased that we did go and stay there. We have stayed at most of the major chain hotels over the years and there have certainly been some beautiful places that we have stayed. None have compared with the hospitality that we experienced at Le Pavillon Hotel in New Orleans.EVERY SINGLE EMPLOYEE was there to make our stay just wonderful. There pool is very small but very clean and the restaurant was very beautiful and the food was top notch and really priced well. The service was absolutely great and you felt like royalty.
I would highly recommend this hotel and we are looking forward to the next time we can go there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vacationista50
Reviewed 31 August 2009

My husband and I celebrated a birthday with a night stay at Le Pavillon. All of the staff and management treated us like royalty. I've never experienced such personal service from a hotel staff. The accomodations were upscale French-inspired furnishings and wall decor. The rooftop pool/hot tub area is like escaping to a Greek spa. We greatly appreciated the complimentary room service to welcome us to the hotel. The late night room service food was fast and fresh, we enjoyed every aspect of the hotel immensely. Looking forward to our next stay, we now have a new standard of customer service for a hotel.

Reviewed 19 August 2009

Probably the most helpful and accommodating staff we've encountered in many years of traveling. Beautiful interiors, complimentary late-night snacks, old-world style with high ceilings and antiques, but comfortable furniture and relaxing atmosphere. Everyone feels comfortable there, from kids to older types. We 3 sisters had a reunion in NOLA, and the staff put us in a suite so we could spend more time together -- it was fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed 6 August 2009

Truly an elegant hotel. The lobby is spectacular, the employees are more than excellent and extremely helpful. This is an older hotel and the only complaint would be that the fitted sheets kept sliding off the mattress; otherwise we had a wonderful time.

Another note of interest is that since my wife had recent knee surgery we had to take a cab to and from the French Quarter, the marketplace and the Riverwalk. Cabs are expensive, perhaps more than New York city cabs.

1  Thank pirate333555
Reviewed 29 July 2009

I stayed at this hotel on a recent pleasure trip along with a friend. We were there for four nights. The hotel was recommended by a friend from New Orleans, but the reviews in Tripadvisor convinced us to book. (Since I live in a major tourist location myself, I think that locals may not be the best source of information since they don't usually stay at the local hotels.)

Checked in about 8:00PM after a 30 hour Amtrak trip from New York. The room was ready and check in was a breeze. I love the fact that the hotel gives guests at least double the number of towels etc. usually left in a guest room. That way, if the hotel does not offer turn-down service, there are enough fresh towels for two showers per day. That in itself endeared Le Pavillon to me, since I was able to shower before exploring the French Quarter that night.

The hotel is beautiful. Decor is a combo of 17th, 18th, and Belle Epoche styles all very French. The room was big with an armoire, a desk , three chairs, a table plus a large closet. The bathroom was resplendent with its black marble and loads and loads of goodies -- over the top. The room was also made up very quickly and always ready when we returned before or after lunch.
We had dinner in the beautiful bar the evening before we left. The food was good although we had simple pub fare. Didn't eat in the dining room but it looked beautiful. I was surprised that the prices for food are so reasonable. This is often not the case for hotel food.

At first I did not like the location which is a few blocks from the French Quarter (perhaps 10 minute walk to Bourbon Street). The Pavillion is on the other side of Canal Street from the Quarter. However, after my first day in the French Quarter, a continual party, I began to appreciate the more subdued location. It is also close to the St. Charles Avenue line which goes to the Garden District.

There is really nothing to complain about regarding this hotel. There is a very nice and large rooftop pool. The place is classy, but the prices to me at least, seemed very very reasonable, even low. If I could make one suggestion, it would be to offer coffee in the lobby so I would not need room service to get me started for the day. However, they do have a wonderful evening tradition -- hot chocolate or milk and you make your own peanut butter and jelly sandwich each night in the lobby between ten and eleven PM.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dag144
Reviewed 25 July 2009

My stay at the Le Pavillon Hotel was the wonderful! The service and accomadations are truely 5 stars! The staff made sure that every whim I could think of was taken care of. I wanted reservations for one of Emeril's restaurant.....done. I wanted a day at a spa.........done. A quiet room on a quiet floor........done. Even my bath drawn.......done. This is a hotel that you must visit. The decor is beautiful. This is truely the best in New Orleans French flare. The staff remembered my name and always greeted me with a smile. I will be back. The service is worth every dime. I have stayed in lots of hotels in New Orleans, but this is the best! Oh, and if you are looking for a wonderful day spa, you must go to "Spa Atlantis" on Gravier Street. The service there was great! They have a great staff and the facilities are designed for true relaxation. The spa is a short walk from the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo