“A great place to stay!!”
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Le Pavillon Hotel
Ranked #84 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 27 November 2009

Historical building, beatifully maintained, close to French Quarter. Free hot chocolate and PB & Js every night, what could be better?

Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 20 November 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for our pre-honeymoon cruise stay. As we checked in we found we had already been upgraded to a suite and later that evening where given a complimentary bottle of champayne. The staff where very friendly as well as helpful with helping us plan activities. The rooms where clean..perhaps smaller than expected but very cozy and romantic...almost like a bed and breakfast feel. Even the guests where friendly and equally pleased with the hotel. The decor was classic, french elegance and very different from the average corporate hotels, the elaborate drapes statues french inspired furniture high ceilings and lighting certainly was of four star quality. Excellent choice if you want to feel the beat of thid city even while you are in the hotel. My husband and I will stay at this hotel on our next visit to New Orleans.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank solafide71
Reviewed 18 November 2009

We spent a weekend there. We are on a tight budget but the prices were affordable. I loved everything about the hotel, especially the decorations, wonderful staff that took care of everything we needed, free sandwiches with peanut butter and hot chocolate at night. Jakuzzi and swimming pool on the roof were amazing - beautiful views, especially at night. We also used the gym - it was so quiet and relaxing there! At the end of our stay we got complimentary coffee from friendly staff. It would be nice if parking was free, but other than that I can recommend Le Pavillon to everybody!

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2009

Le Pavillion has SO many lovely touches. The decor and furnishings are rich-looking, though some are a bit worn. The staff was very nice, from the doorman who greets you as you pull in front of the hotel, to the cleaning staff. And they are always cleaning and maintaining the appearance of this beautiful old hotel.

I loved the shirred sheer curtains and the beautiful valances over almost every window. The bed was very comfortable, the water pressure for showering was more than adequate. I loved how every time I opened the closet the light came on, heh. Le Pavillion has a wonderful blend of the beauty and charm of the New Orleans from a century ago, but with the comforts and amenities of today.

The roof is just beautiful, with a small work-out area, a hot tub and pool, surrounded by statuary and beautiful wall murals. There are 2 striped cloth cabanas with lounge chairs, all the towels you need, and around the pool is a great place to view the city. These are such nice touches.

We will return to this city (I hadn't visited in 26 years) and I would love to stay in this hotel again soon.

OMG! I forgot the peanut butter sandwiches and hot chocolate at 10pm nightly! SO cute and so fun to see everyone run to the lobby to get some of the treats. Great tradition.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2009

So I really wanted to stay at the Roosevelt, BUT Le Pavillon offered pricing, location and amenities that I just could not resist. And what a deal it turned out to be. I stayed on the "haunted" floor (no ghosts for me but that happened at Disney World too so I think it is my karma). The bed was wonderful, the paintings on the ceilings marvelous and the bathroom was a sensual adventure. I took advantage of their bubble bath special and, honey, I was so sad to have been alone.

The PB&J buffet at 10 PM was a real treat, too.

The only negative was a slight smell of the past that lingered in the place. Everything else was fabu.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2009

Have just checked in and the overall entry experience is poor. Sloppy area around checkin desk and room quality is low. Room is small, not modern amenities for plugs, etc. Furniture layout is cramped and the bed and bedding are very old and overdone with drapery, etc. I'm sure the service will be great, based on other reviews, but even if it is, it cannot be good enough to make up for the decay of the rest of the facility.

I did get the rooms for a steal on an online service, but I'd rather pay a little more and get a little more. I selected the hotel in the blind, on the basis of the 4 1/2 star rating...

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank elheffay
Reviewed 29 October 2009

I like to consider myself a pretty experienced traveller and like to stay at mid range to higher end properties. This was my third trip to New Orleans and I decided to avoid the corporate hotels and go somewhere classic, somewhere that would really live up to the historical atmosphere that pervades New Orleans. After seeing the high reviews here, and seeing the modest prices at hotels.com, I decided to book Le Pavillon.

This is not a huge opulent hotel. The lobby is modestly but comfortably sized, with furniture like you'd expect in a French home and large chandeliers. When I arrived, the hotel computers were down, so they signed me in manually, based on my printed email of the reservation. There was no bellhop to be seen, and no one offered to get me one. It was about 730pm. I ordered room service and because the computers were down, I had to pay with cash or credit card, rather than charging to the room. This puzzled me, since I had just checked in by giving my credit card number, but I was tired and hungry so I didn't argue. The hotel food/room service was pretty consistently good. I tried club sandwich, burger, gumbo, beef burgendy, fried oysters, and the stir fry during my lengthy stay and all were quite adequate. The deserts were bad: a very dry brownie and a waxy piece of cheesecake.

I got a standard 2 queen bed room and will say it is smaller than it appears in the pictures at the hotel website. The bedspread and curtains are just as dated as they appear in pictures and I suspect they aren't cleaned very often. Each day I came back to the room after my conference, I promptly stripped the bed of the bedspread and numerous decorative pillows, just so I felt like I was sitting on something clean. There was a ceiling fan which was nice on days I came back after lots of walking in the humidity. The AC worked better than the heating. Beds were comfortable but the pillows were extremely "mushy" and I had to stack up two just to get good support. The bathrooms are small....pretty close to unacceptably small. Not near enough counterspace for 2 people to put out all their toiletries. The shower was fine in terms of water pressure and height for the shower head. The half glass door shielding the room from the water spray was a bit dodgy but adequate from leaving the room soaked. For the most part, the room was quiet. I did check out the pool on the roof which is smaller than it appears on the hotel's website, but a nice touch. The fitness room seemed well stocked with equipment.

The staff at the hotel seems to regularly get high praise here and it seemed mostly deserved. The girl who served room service a couple of times was very sweet, though not terribly competent, forgetting numerous items and failing to bring everything on her return trip. The front desk was friendly, and kind enough to loan me an ethernet cable to take advantage of the free in room internet service. I heard towards the end of my stay they will even loan you a MICROWAVE, in case you have leftovers from dining out!

Overall, I wouldn't say this is a bad hotel. I certainly do not think it is worthy of being in the top 10 or even top 20 hotels in New Orleans though. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business