“Nice, but not worth the #3 rating”
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Le Pavillon Hotel
Ranked #85 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 28 May 2010

I stayed at Le Pavillon May 21-26, 201o for a convention. I chose this hotel due to its high rating on Tripadvisor (#3 at the time) and its reasonable price. The room was charming, and had a nice New Orleans-y feel to it. The hotel provided bottled water and peanutbutter and jelly cookies my first night. They did not replace these, nor did they provide turn down service again. My room had a view of the hotel across the street. Housekeeping arrived at 9:00 Saturday morning. Also on Saturday, I learned the shower was broken. Despite being told by the front desk that someone would be there "in a minute," it took half and hour for a technician to come, and hour later I was able to shower and go to my conference (quite late). The bathroom was small, and the tub only had half of a shower wall....which led to soaking the bathroom floor with each shower. The walls were very thin, and I could hear in the hallway, the adjoining rooms, and the street traffic.

The hotel is charming, and provided a "late night snack" of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with milk and hot chocolate from 10 -11 each night. The staff at the bar were very friendly.

1  Thank kmadams
Write a ReviewReviews (2,899)

Reviewed 28 May 2010

if you book on hotwire the hotel that is 4 1/2 stars for $75.00 in business district, was this hotel. at least it was when i booked it. They put us on the 6th floor and assume it was because we were hotwire customers ~ the bathrooms on the 6th floor are old. Be sure to NOT stay on that floor! The rest of the floors have renovated bathrooms according to anothe traveler i meet at hotel. The bedspreads were old florals, lumpy pillows and mattress was terrible. if they would update with with new bedding (white duvets!!!) it would totally change the vibe of the rooms. Rooms smelled musty. No coffee makers or frig in rooms but you can get complimentary coffee downstairs in restaurant. The main lobby is old world elegant and has priceless antiques, can't deny that the lobby is over the top but the rooms fall very short of 4 1/2 stars. Staff was well trained and 5 star worthy but i am the type of traveler and doesn't care about lobby as long as i have a great room. Location - not an easy walk to french quarters or anything that was for tourist. If you are there on Wednesday, make sure you walk to the lafayette for some of the best free music ever! This was the best part of our trip, alcohol and great food available for purchase. I think it starts around 5ish - 7:30pm. Across the street of hotel is a wonderful gourmet pizza shop and they do deliver to hotel ~ Reginelli Pizza. Rof top pool is grand for morning coffee. Overall i can deal with location, great staff, great lobby, but would not recommend this hotel because the rooms were bad.

Reviewed 22 May 2010

This hotel withing 5 minutes walk of the french quarter can only be described as sumptuous. In the dining room they have a unique portrait of Abraham Lincoln as a young man, worth millions. The many chandeliers are breathtaking. The staff all seem to exude southern charm and the concierges are excellent. Beware of taking a car as the garage is $28 per night and you really don't need one as all excursions will collect you from the hotel. Breakfast at about $18 is expensive but be sure to get coffee and juices from their machines. If you ASK for coffee and juice it's extra! Its an expensive hotel so all extras are commensurate with the very up-market experience. Don't miss the evening snack of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Gorgeous rooftop pool.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank puddingandpiePooleUK
Reviewed 16 May 2010

I have stayed all over the world in all classes of hotels and motels. This is first time of have felt compelled to write a review. The hotel was shabby, but that didn't bother me. Also the room was a shoe box, and the beds were terribly uncomfortable. I left my absolute favorite sweater in the bathroom hanging on towel rack... I can almost see were I left it. No problem, I thought, I'll just call and pay to have them ship it back to me. No such luck.... I was treated miserably for trying to retrieve my own personal item. The housekeeping manager was completely indifferent and down right rude. Never have I experienced such awful customer service. The general manager was easier to talk with but just as nonchalant about my stolen item. I have no tolerance for anyones things being stolen, and especially by paid staff.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2010

We enjoyed our stay at Le Pavillion. This is a beautiful hotel, especially the lobby. Most of the are very friendly. We didn't like one of the batenders because he acted like we were putting him out when we ordered a drink. Everyone else were terrific. We booked via hotwire and most reviews were positive. However many complained of very small rooms. Many times when you book with hotwire, priceline, etc. You will be given the smallest room most of the time unfortunately. However Le Pavillion had automatically upgraded us to a deluxe queen room which wAs very nice and much roomier than their standard room. So make sure you ask for an upgrade when you check in. There were a few things that I didn't care for. Elevator was very small. the wall plugs were low to floor and not easily accessible. They had only one cheap extension cord. They should have a powestrip. Walls are thin and you can hear people talking in halls and next door at times. There is no coffee maker which they should have. Beds were comfortable and AC worked well.

There's a nice restaurant serving breakfast lunch and dinner. Plus a evening snack of peant butter and jelly sandwiches plus cocoa. We were about 15-20 minutes from French quarter and riverwalk.

I would stay again.

Reviewed 7 May 2010

This hotel was where I just attended a conference. The best thing I can say about this hotel is about the staff. Everyone was extremely helpful and nice. The rooms were spacious and really made you feel like you were in New Orleans. The one problem is that the hotel has renovated every floor except for the 6th. The bathrooms on this one floor do not have the black marble and other amenities that you hear about in other reviews. They do have a very good wireless connection for the Internet. The doors are fairly thin so if you are a light sleeper, ask for a room that is away from the elevator.
Also, I usually left the hotel with several other people so it was not a problem but if you are going to the French Quarter at night, I would definitely come back in a group. It is not that bad but there are some empty buildings that make it a little scary. The Quarter is MAYBE a 5-10 minute walk so it is easy to get to and it is great because you do not hear the noise from the quarter from inside the hotel.
One last thing, if you are coming to this hotel for a conference, BRING A SWEATER or sport coat. They keep all the conference rooms at unusually cool temperatures. The reason being is that in the afternooon, the sun hits the building just right that if they did not crank the AC, it would be sweltering.

Reviewed 6 May 2010

This is my favorite hotel anywhere! The staff were super friendly from my first inquiries to checkout. They smiled, they chatted, and they were genuinely helpful. Even when our room was double booked so they put us up in their best suite! It was truly amazing! The view from the pool is awesome and the PB&J is a unique experience. It's a little bit of a walk to French Quarter, but we felt completely safe and didn't mind it at all.

I'd recommend booking through the hotel directly and getting one of the packages. They are great deals. We got the Family Fling and enjoyed the tickets they gave us for the aquarium. The included parking and breakfast really seal the deal.

If you come to New Orleans this hotel is a must!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family