“Beautiful decor and ambience”
Review of Le Pavillon Hotel

Le Pavillon Hotel
Ranked #83 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 24 June 2010

This is a 100 years old hotel, member of the "Leading Hotels of The World"; however. it still maintains its grandeur and magnificense.
The hotel is about 6 blocks from the French Quarter (Bourbon Street) on a major street.
The staff is great!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,936)

Reviewed 23 June 2010

The hotel’s was lavish with superior woodwork, flooring, crystal chandeliers, etc… I picked this hotel based on the star rating and reviews and I was not disappointed. The lobby and restaurant were outstanding and elegant. It seems some people have seen a ghost on the 1st, 3rd and 10th floor, although we did not see any in our room, it made for a good time discussing it with the staff and others. The pool was first-class; even though it in was on the top floor, small and in the open. To get to the pool you must take the elevator to the 9th floor and walk up to the 10th. The workout room matches any 5 star hotel. The hotel is within walking distance of the French Quarter; we only used a cab once to the riverwalk which was less than 7 dollars (10 including the tip). The room was a small king but in great condition being that it was over 100 years old. Staff was extremely nice and more than helpful. It was delightful, historic and we will go back.

Reviewed 21 June 2010

We stayed here for the weekend. It was really great. The hotel had character and class. It is just a short walk to the French quarter, so it was very convenient. We especially loved the roof top pool. We can't wait to go back!

1  Thank CJlovestoTravel
Reviewed 17 June 2010

I had been under the impression that this hotel would be very large, but when I arrived it actually felt almost homey (but then again, I'd just transferred from the Marriott). The lobby and restaurant and very elegant. The bellmen are very friendly and helpful. The elevators are slow, and there are only 2, but I used the stairs since I was on the third floor.

My room was a very decent size. The bathroom was very elegant with marble and a big tub. Probably the best thing about this hotel was all of the personal touches that were included in the overall price. There was free internet. At night they turned down my covers, gave me cookies on my nightstand, and put out a robe (without my asking for any of this!) In the bathroom there are tons of free things, from soap, shampoo, and lotion to cutips, cotton balls, etc etc etc. I had been looking forward to the peanut butter & jelly sandwich hour, but I was so exhausted from walking around that day that I fell asleep and missed it. The pool is very nice, but the area is pretty small. I ordered poolside service and my burger was really tasty! The food comes so elegantly displayed, with your own jar of catchup and mustard, real silverware, etc. It's expensive ($30 for hamburger, coleslaw, and frozen strawberry daiquiri), but the tip is included and the food is really good. Overall, worth it, especially if you're tired out and just want to sit by the pool and relax.
I paid $145 per night, which is a lot, but in New Orleans everything is expensive. The location is a little far away from the French Quarter (a sweaty 25 minute walk to Cafe Du Monde in that heat!!) but not bad.
The morning that I checked out, I went out for an early breakfast. After walking in the heat, I was so thirsty, and the girl working the restaurant check-in gave me a glass of grapefruit juice for FREE! I was expecting to pay like $5 since it was during the jazz brunch, but I got it free. Good service.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank truthskr
Reviewed 16 June 2010

A delightful experience. They truely understand service and attention to detail. Staff are extremly nice and more than helpful. Do not miss a trip to the dining room nor the nightly PBJ sandwiches and the hot chocolat is devine. I look forward to my next visit

1  Thank bdg5556
Reviewed 11 June 2010

We had the pleasure of staying in the spacious and romantic European Castle suite for a week during the ATS conference. We got a great rate from the hotel, and Justin, the concierge booked us in all the fancy restaurants we could wish for, and helped us choose between them as well.Lou, his colleague, spread her southern charm everytime we saw her and everybody in the hotel was unfailingly courteous. We had booked Jazz brunch at Commander´s palace but were unable to get there because of a torrential downpour resulting in washed-out streets! So we had jazz brunch at the hotel instead. We got lovely music, a fantastic buffet, extra dishes made a la minute from the fabulously friendly female chef who actually had a name sign saying "Patty Cakes". I think we had six mimosas each. All for USD 35 per person. Wow! As an extra icing to the cake, my fiancee was given a CD from the piano player with his best songs!
Everything was within walking distance. Congress, Lee Circle, St Charles streetcar and French quarter. We can´t find a single fault with the hotel, except that the Central Business district is neither beautiful nor romantic. The hotel is, though. When parking Your car remember that parking is FREE on sunday nights in the street and that there is an USD 8/day garage two blocks away-so no need to pay USD 28 for parking... The rooftop pool is lovely as well. All in all a lovely introduction to a wonderfully friendly city. By the way, we felt perfectly safe wherever we walked in the city. We didn´t walk in any of the Projects though.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Rhodesian
Reviewed 10 June 2010

Le Pavillon is fantastic. The common areas have a luxurious french country feel and are resplendent with art, chandeliers and antique furniture. The rooms have vaulted ceilings and comfy beds. The best feature, however, is the people. When I called the reservations department prior to our trip to tell them it was our anniversary, the woman I spoke to was gracious and thanked me for letting them know. When we got to New Orleans and checked in, everyone from the doorman to the bellhop to the woman at the front desk were friendly and sincerely interested in welcoming us to the city and the hotel. My wife went down one morning to get coffee and saw the staff setting up in the Crystal Room for a wedding that night. Noticing that she was interested, one of the banquet servers invited her to return once they had finished setting up to take some pictures. He told her jokingly that she was a "platinum" guest. The doorman (Cedric) always asked if we needed directions when we left and offered enthusiastic recommendations for the best restaurants. Check out the hotel's website. It has a section titled "Treasures" and before describing the priceless art and antiques it describes the hotel's longtime employees. Exactly right.

The location was perfect for us but some might find it too far from the action. If was a five to ten minute walk to the French Quarter, so getting to some of the restaurants, Cafe du Monde, the riverfront, etc., was a bit of a hike. The upside, however, is that we had total peace at night. It was a respite from the delicious madness that is New Orleans.

The roof pool and hot tub are mind-blowing. You can see the Mississippi River, the SuperDome and the New Orleans skyline. It's open until 1:00 a.m., so you can return from a full night of partying to the solitude of clear water and the night sky. One morning we started our day at the pool and ordered coffee and Bloody Marys poolside. Not bad.

The late night peanut butter and jelly snack is a classy touch, but we missed it every night thanks to the action on Bourbon Street, Frenchmen Street and at the Howlin' Wolf.

We'll definitely be back.

4  Thank Terence_in_RiverCity