“Once and done.”

Lamothe House Hotel
Ranked #24 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Charming, but lacking the advantages of a full service hotel. Our room was in a separate, freestanding building and not the secured main building. Our room, while a king sized, was small for two people, and the bathroom very small. On the positive side, the furniture was nice, and the bed was very comfortable with nice linens. Parking was an extra $20/ night and advertised as secured; however, the gate was not functioning during our three night stay. We were able to come and go in the lot as often as we wanted, but be aware it can get very tight. The pool and hot tub would have been very welcoming except for the disgusting green color of the water. I wouldn't even consider going in. No micro or Refrig in the room. Rene was a very gracious host. Overall, an interesting stay, but would not go back.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I had an amazing stay at Lamothe House Hotel over the July 4, 2014 weekend for many reasons but before I go on and on about the features of the hotel let me just say that the highlight of my stay at this hotel truly was Christopher (Chris), the Front Desk Concierge! Chris truly loves his job and it shows! He was beyond accommodating and helpful to my group of (4) NOLA newbies and enthusiastically answered all of our rapid fired questions, booked our walking tour for us and our Steamboat cruise even to the point of a reserved table. Not to mention, he called ahead for our cabs and directed our confused, excited minds with directions around the French Quarter, telling us where to go for EVERYTHING! Chris is a treasure! He even carried our heavy bags up a flight of stairs to our room (no elevators) when we arrived and back down again when we departed! He was pure awesome sauce! All this he would do while efficiently humming through his regular duties, not skipping a beat. Although all of the Front Desk Concierge were kind and helpful, I really feel like Chris went above and beyond for my group in a way I’ve never experienced before. One thing my family and I repeatedly said was: “There are a lot of beautiful hotels in the French Quarter that we could have stayed in but what they lacked was Chris!”

Besides wonderful customer service, this quaint Hotel is conveniently located on Esplanade Street across the street from the whole of the French Quarter with all its lovely streets, restaurants, café, shops and bars/clubs and you’ve got a winner. The Lamothe House Hotel has a classic NOLA flair throughout with antique furniture, paintings and architecture (circa 1890’s). And don’t let me forget the lovely courtyard in back with a garden/fountain area, leading up to a warm water pool/Jacuzzi with seating areas. Top it all off, right in back of this hotel is the famed Frenchman Street with its open air restaurants, bars and live bands of all types and what more can you asks for!?! There's no doubt that I'll be staying here again on my next visit to this great city. In a nutshell, I highly recommend staying at Lamothe House Hotel for anyone else that appreciates great customer service, a smaller antique furnished hotel and a convenient location to everything French Quarter that won't impose on your relaxation time. When you get there, please give Chris my regards.

J. Davis

Room Tip: Grand Antique King Suite is great for a party of four has a separate room with a door. But please n...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank J D
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I am apprehensive to post a review this good for fear I may not be able to book this hotel again (either because it is full, or the prices are raised), and it is the only place I ever want to stay in New Orleans. The staff was amazing, the room sizable and very clean, and the location (on the edge of the French Quarter near Frenchmen Street and adjacent to the Marigny) couldn't be better! Highly, highly recommended hotel, with beautiful grounds and a nice pool.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GreenBiners
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I just got back on Sunday night from staying 3 nights at the Lamothe House. I was there for my bachlorette party with a bunch of girlfriends. I wouldn't have changed a thing. From Christopher in the day, to Harlan at night, everyone was so accommodating and sweet. I highly recommend rooms 101 and 102, they were huge and spacious with extremely comfy beds. The pool was a perfect day spot to escape the heat. We were able to walk just about anywhere from this location which was great! The next time I get back to New Orleans, I know where I'm staying.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a spacious room, hit up 102 or 101.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Brooke S
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The Lamothe House is a wonderful hotel just outside of some of the busiest areas of the French Quarter, and helped make a fantastic trip to New Orleans even better. Rooms were clean and air conditioned, beds were comfortable, and building itself is within walking distance to both the French Quarter as well as Frenchman Street. It also features a pool, which we took full advantage of in the New Orleans heat. Staff was friendly and accommodating, and handled our minor requests with aplomb. Our only complaint - that we only had two nights to stay in New Orleans. We plan to return, both to this wonderful city and this hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is split between the old carriage house and a guest house across the road. The guest hous...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Christopher B
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is the best place to stay. It's quite, right beside Frenchman street and 2 streets down from Burbon street. Also very close to a street car and the French market. The staff was vey nice and they have a great pool.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2014

A beautiful collection of rooms and gardens that provide a nice quiet escape from the French Quarter with secure, card-access parking for your vehicle. Located within walking distance of everything. The very well kept rooms are air-conditioned and located around a pool and hot tub (closed for cleaning/maintenance when I was there). Plenty of atmosphere in this old house with the modern features you want. I'll definitely be back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends