Lamothe House Hotel
US$290
US$279
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$197
  • Pool
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$390
US$349
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$208
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
New Orleans Marriott(New Orleans)
US$271
US$263
  • Restaurant
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$299
US$263
  • Breakfast included
US$284
US$262
  • Restaurant
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$359
US$293
Hotels.com
1,163 results
All reviewsfrenchman streetthe main housegreat locationfrench quarterseparate buildinggated parkingcarriage househardwood floorsno elevatorpool and hot tubking suitegreat musicmodern amenitiesnice poolwalking distancefront porchhigh ceilings
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Arrived on sat July 26th about 8pm. checked in with jonathan he was nice and helpful. we were told our room was 406 I think I just had to shake may head because I knew we had asked for a 2nd floor main house room when booking months prior. well we did not get this we got a room across the street behind the main house. oh yeah they do not say this when booking on line but they have a parking area that if the hotel is full u may not be able to park there and its $20 a night. well it was full and we had to park else where maybe 2-3 blocks from our room that took us for ever to find a open spot luckly when we drove back around for the 4th time there was an opening. the room was ok the bathroom was ok 2 things about that the shower didn't have much pressure at all and the grout on the floor all around the toilet was a gross goldish brown color. Housekeeping was there daily doing there thing new towels making the bed they should invest in a Swiffer or something for the hardwood floors. and one last thing we did find a cockroach in our room the first night. This was a honeymoon........I wish we would have not booked in advance because we had to stay here for a week because there were no refunds

Room Tip: 406 I think the ac units are right out side the window it blocks out all the other noise
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Marianne P, Manager at Lamothe House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you, Nicole, for sharing your experience of your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed and wish we could have done more to have bettered your stay. In regards to parking, unfortunately it is at a premium in New Orleans, and unlike many other hotels in the French Quarter, we offer self parking in a secure, gated lot directly behind our hotel. However it is on a first come, first serve basis which means that at times it does fill up. We hate that your Honeymoon was anything less than perfect and would love the opportunity to make it up to you with a future stay on us. We are 100% confident that your experience would be nothing less than exceptional. We hope to hear from you!

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

The staff here is extraordinarily friendly and the character of the hotel is incredible! The hotel has the old charm of New Orleans with the comforts of a modern hotel with wifi, keurig coffee makers in each room, modern looking bathrooms and decor. We will continue to visit here on future trips to New Orleans. DeAun was very helpful and friendly.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

We are so pleased to hear your recent stay with us was so wonderful! It sounds like our old New Orleans authentic charm, mixed with our upgraded guestrooms were exactly what you were looking for! DeAun is one of our hidden gems and we are thrilled you found her to be so helpful and friendly. Thank you for the kind remarks and we hope to have you back again at any of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

The house is 170 years old just keep that in mind. If you want luxury & no city noise this may not be the place for you but if you want to experience NOLA, truly experience it this is the place! Beds and shower are great, but the character of this hotel has ruined me. I'll never stay at a Marriott ever again. I recommend this place 100% and I do plan on going back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

It sounds like the Lamothe House was exactly what you were looking for in a hotel in New Orleans. Our French Quarter Guest Houses properties are definitely a departure from the white wall rooms you'll find in the larger chain hotels in the city and we are thrilled to hear that we've made a believer (and repeat guest) out of you! Looking forward to having you back again!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I've stayed at a number of hotels in the quarter, the quality of which runs the gamut. While Lamothe House is by no means a luxury hotel (nor does it purport to be), I absolutely loved it. I arrived before check-in, but was able to get into my room anyhow.

I didn't realize that some of the rooms are located a block back (on Kerelec St.). That caught me a bit off guard, particularly as my room was at the end of what was essentially an alleyway. That said, the alleyway was well lit at night, the room seemed secure to me.

As for the room itself, I opted for a single Queen room (traveling alone). It's no frills, but the room was well kept, clean, and had a very comfortable bed. Only used the pool once during my stay, but found the courtyard that houses it to be clean and charming.

This was my first time staying on this side of the Quarter, and I did like the location. Away from the eye of the Bourbon St. hurricane (though Bourbon and surrounding streets are still very walkable from the hotel), and right around the corner from all of the music action on Frenchmen St. The surrounding area was far quieter and had a more residential feel than the area immediately around Bourbon, which I rather liked.

I would absolutely recommend Lamothe House, and may even check out some of their other properties on future visits.

Room Tip: The rooms come in different sizes and rates, but I would probably prefer to stay in the building on Esplanade if possible.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us! We are so pleased to read that you not only loved our great location, away from the hustle and bustle of Bourbon Street, but found your guest room to be so clean and comfortable. We appreciate your kind remarks and hope to have you back again at any of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This was my and my husbands first trip to New Orleans and was planned completely online. Never having been to the area and not knowing what to expect, i depended on Tripadvisor. The reviews really helped me decide what was best for our stay. The LaMothe House at first sight I was kinda skeptical. But once inside I was so happy about the decision to stay here. If you are looking for Old Victorian Style, cozy bed n breakfast this is the place for you. The suite was beautiful and cozy and the beds very comfortable. Right off of the French Market and in walking distance for Canal Street and Bourbon street, it was just what we needed. I will definitely be staying here on my next trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

We are thrilled you and your husband found your recent stay in one of our suites to be so wonderful and that you will be returning to the Lamothe House upon your second trip to our wonderful city! Thank you for the kind feedback and we look forward to seeing you guys again!