“Great experience for us” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of New Orleans Marriott

New Orleans Marriott
Ranked #71 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Boca Raton, Florida
“Great experience for us”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here 2 nights while visiting downtown New Orleans. We found a great deal on the hotel through a third party. If we'd had to pay full price my review might be different, because some of the prices they charge are really high. Wifi is an extra $15/day, parking was $37 after taxes. On the parking issue, though, I must say it was nice to have our car safely tucked away as we didn't even need it during the stay. There's so much to do, see, and eat downtown, and half the fun was walking around. (Public parking everywhere else we saw was $20 or more.) The hotel has style. It's new renovations are flashy and comfortable, the front desk service was top shelf. Our room was on the 20th floor, facing the river, and it was a beautiful view. The room was spacious enough for us. No extras like fridge or microwave. Very clean, and the bed was feather soft; I felt like a princess in that bed. Great hotel experience!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Writetaby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (887)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

We recently spent a couple of nights at this fabulous hotel, right on the edge of the French Quarter in New Orleans. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, the service at this hotel was amazing. The valet parking took care of our car and we didn't have to bother with it until we left. I thought that given the location and ease of use, the cost of the valet parking was reasonable. The room we had was beautiful, on the 5th floor, which is the same floor as the roof top pool so it was very convenient. The only thing that we didn't like was the pool was not heated so it was not possible to swim, although we did sit out on the deck and enjoyed the ambiance. Loved this place for the convenience and cleanliness as well as the great service. The concierge booked our Natchez cruise tickets for us, and it worked beautifully.

Miami, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Though located in a good location to get around, I found the embassy suite nothing like others I have visited. It for sure needed some cleaning up. The carpets where dingy. There was no towels in the room. maid came early one day and never made it the next.
On a good note all the employees where polite and nice.

Nashville, TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

The property is a bit outdated from the outside facade, however I was pleasantly surprised with the modern lobby. The elevator system is a bit confusing initially as you have to tap in your floor and wait to be assigned a specific elevator for your journey.
The room we stayed in (king bed, 2 people) was tiny, while it was nice to have a king, it might have been easier with a queen as it was a challenge with luggage and stuff everywhere to not step on one another.
The decor was dated, (jazzy carpets and dull furniture) but clean and the furnishings were in good repair; the bed and linens were quite comfortable.
My biggest complaint was the $15 a day charge for Wi-Fi which would probably be free at a lesser Marriott property.
Overall it's a safe choice with a good location, right at the entrance to the Quarter, you can be as much into or out of the action as you want with pretty much everything in walking distance or short cab rides.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank nsvlbimmerguy
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

The hotel itself was more or less fine. But the lack of amenities was astonishing. The parking was incredibly expensive, the in-room Wi-Fi was expensive, there was no mini-bar except for two bottles of water, no in-room safe, no amenities in the bathroom except for the basics. There wasn't even a box of tissues in the bedroom, only the bathroom -- this is the first hotel I've ever been to that didn't provide two boxes of tissues. Also, the maid threw away a package of Q-tips that I brought myself, and they weren't used. I was annoyed about that. My room was somewhat close to the elevators and the dinging sounds were incredibly loud. Also, I was on the 12th floor and I could hear the freight train going by. If you're a light sleeper this is a big problem.

Overall, I didn't have any problems with the hotel (the location was fine, the AC worked fine, the room was fine), only disappointed that a hotel that costs so much money should feel like a motel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from the elevators and ice machines, also a higher floor so that you don'...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MelissaNYC12
Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

I love this hotel. I have stayed here the last 3 times I have traveled to New Orleans! Love the location, easy street car access, great shopping near by and the staff is always wonderful!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are bigger.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tracey B
The Woodlands, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

Came here for two days during our kids spring break. The hotel is well situated to take advantage of many of the touristy sights. However, I had several issues:
- Parking is incredibly expensive: $36/night. I was incredibly put off by the fact that you HAD to load your bags on to a cart with a bellman that does not work for the hotel. He takes the bags inside and then hands them off to another bellman who takes them to your room. I told the hotel bellman that we could take the bags and he told us he could not allow us to do this. In 22 years of traveling, I have never heard of this.
- The dreaded black hair in the tub before any of us used the tub. Not appetizing.
- The lobby did have a nice cooler of ice water with slices of fruit in it. We went to take some but alas...it was empty. When they did fill it up..there were no more cups. Nice tease.
- When I went to call this attention to the front desk staff...they told me they were aware of this..As a silver elite, I asked for a bottled water and they told me that I was not entitled to one. Marriott could have made me happy for less then $.50 but they chose to be cheap instead.
- The elevators get VERY busy and a new high tech solution was installed...It worked quite well.

Room Tip: Do not got to a restaurant in the area of the hotel...all tourist traps....Try a nice place in the g...
2 Thank Happyhubby&Daddy