“Weekend getaway”

Melrose Mansion
Ranked #18 of 138 New Orleans B&B and Inns
“Weekend getaway”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice place to stay. Great location to visit Bourbon Street and the French Quarter within a short walk. The staff was very helpful, and recommend excellent places to eat. Really look forward to our next trip. Make sure to visit the Spotted Cat for some great Jazz music.

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Haddix
General M, General Manager at Melrose Mansion, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
I am glad to hear that our team was able to ensure the best possible recommendations during your visit. Hurry back!
At your service,
Kenny Marrs - General Manager - French Quarter Hotel Collection

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Our first trip to NOLA from London - UK.
The customer service experience is very good. Members of make you feel very welcome and go that extra mile to ensure that you are comfortable. Several examples are ensuring that we had peppermint tea for breakfast, guest services (sorry cannot remember the staff's name) kindly noted down all the key areas to visit within the locality, Melanie (hoping that her name is correct) - was extremley helpful and sorted out our final invoice situation with a smile, rooms as spacious - however, would have preferred a kingsize in our bedrooms.
Great location a definate recommendation! Thank you to everyone who made our first stay to NOLA a memborable one!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your response. We are delighted Melanie was able to assist you with the new city-wide Hotel Assessment. We look forward to your speedy return!
At your service,
Kenny Marrs - General Manager - French Quarter Hotel Collection
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Located amongst the locals the, hotel does not feel like a hotel. It is your home away from home. I stayed in a suite that had a full kitchen, living room, washer, dyer, one (1) full bath with a half bath, and a separate entrance accessible from the street. New Orleans was my absolute favourite place to be before I went and now that I have experienced it, the city surpassed by expectations. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful. It is within walking distance to major attractions, food and shopping. What more could I ask for!
I have encouraged my coworker to visit New Orleans and convinced her to stay at the Melrose Mansion!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cimoan A
Bunbury, Australia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed for 6 nights in a Marigny apartment which was located a couple of doors down from the mansion but easily accessible from the "back way". The room was really spacious but the bed could've been a king size which let this studio apartment down. The other item they could have is a 2 seater couch which would make it more comfortable. If you like to be in total darkness when you wake up in the morning, you wont get it here as the closed shutters tend to let in light. The apartment was beautifully fitted out and still had loads of character. We were on the second floor and there is a lift but it is the slowest lift - ever.

Totally loved the fact that we had a washer/dryer which I made use of! Housekeeping did a great job and kept everything clean and topped up. Having the pool was awesome but more shaded areas are needed.

Apart from check in and check out we didn't really have anything to do with the staff and we didn't have a chance to partake of the breakfast or afternoon nibbles. You are quite removed from the general going's on at the Mansion when you stay in the apartments and we only saw one other couple which was poolside but we quite enjoyed the solitude.

The location we found to be great. Far enough away from the action when you want to be and close enough to Bourbon & Frenchmen Street. We ate at the close by Buffas Cafe - very enjoyable and spent a fair bit of time at the Balcony Music Club enjoying great blues music.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay here and if we come back to New Orleans would certainly consider Melrose again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank freya691
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

This place is gorgeous. It's sophisticated, yet charming and romantic. Every time my partner and I stay here, we feel as though we are in New York, but without the over stimulating vibe of New York. I absolutely love this place. It's reminiscent of my actual home. The pool is so quaint. The team is warm and truly helpful. Do yourself a favor stay here you will fall in love.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Lifejourn
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

This is day #2 out of 5 and I am hooked!!! Wyatt, Jordan, & all of the staff are super accommodating without the pretentious aura that some boutique hotels seem to posses. The grounds are exquisite and the rooms charming. We LOVE the 24 hr access to the pool...a fabulous way to unwind and cool off after a hot, busy New Orleans day. We have stayed many times in NOLA, but so far Melrose is the first 5-star I've ever given!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Sandra Bullock owns a house in New Orleans. For the last three weeks, I lived at Melrose Mansion, where I, too, experienced the magic of a living in a historical home and being made to feel like a celebrity. This is the second time I stayed at Melrose, the first was for my daughter’s wedding, and, as usual, I loved it. Not only is it beautiful but the staff is wonderful and took such good care of me. They truly became my friends. So thank you, Brian, Melanie, George, Jordan, Yuri, Biana, Joani, Devan, Mindy, Jayson, Reyna, Arcadia, Veronica, Paco, and most important, Kenny, the Manager. Thank you all for making my stay in New Orleans sublime and an experience to remember. Love you all.

Room Tip: I loved my Melrose room for it's spaciousness and the large bathroom with the jetted tub. But...