Olivier House Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel St. Marie(New Orleans)
Maison Dupuy(New Orleans)
  • Pool
Inn on St. Peter(New Orleans)
View Hotel
Prince Conti Hotel(New Orleans)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Le Marais(New Orleans)
Grenoble House(New Orleans)
  • Breakfast included
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
  • Pool
All reviewstiny elevatorhoneymoon suitebourbon streetcreole cottagefrench quartertoulouse streetchain hotelsantique furniturecookie cuttersitting roomold world charmunique hotelmodern conveniencesprivate balconyhalf blockhistoric buildingmini fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

We came to NOLA to get married and stayed at the Olivier House a week before the wedding and then a few days after. We needed a place that we could have people over if need be during this time of final planning. It was awesome and just what we were hoping for! As some of the other reviews say, if you are looking for a traditional cookie cutter hotel, this is not the place for you! There is nothing cookie cutter about this place. From the time you walk in the door, you will be taken by the antique pieces that decorate the efficient foyer. A staff person will greet with a warm hello at the front desk, and I do mean an old style desk and chair, where the hotel ledger is still written by hand in a big ledger book. Our room was 112 and it is fantastically different. It has a loft balcony where there is a a king sized bed and one bath with a shower and then another bath with a deep tub on the main floor. The main floor also has a little kitchenette area with a microwave, mini fridge, toaster, sink area, and some dishes (as does all the rooms). Also a table with 4 chairs, an easy chair and a sofa sleeper. Each room in this hotel built in the 1800's is different. The hospitality and service is excellent. Jon, Chris, the owner Bobby, and his sweet niece whose name escapes me were all very accommodating. My husband surprised me with roses, champagne, and fresh strawberries lite by candlelight, all arranged while we were at our wedding! As an added NOLA bonus, this room had a fountain, and huge tropical plants that great you upon entering. It has it's own porch and opens up to the inner courtyard which is cozy. They do have a pool but the water appeared murky....not sure what was going on with that. If you're looking for southern hospitality without the frills... This is the place for you...as long as you don't care that the towels and sheets may not match!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Courtney S
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Girl trip and we loved the Olivier House! Great room with a beautiful modern bath. Historic bulging with modern comfort, every room has micro and mini fridge hidden in a lovely piece of furniture. The staff was amazing. John gave us the history of the house, carried our bag and made a mean espresso. He also gave us wonderful recommendations. Even has a pool in the courtyard. In the quarter.

Room Tip: Balconey rooms face courtyard. We liked the street level room but could be noise on a busy weekend.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights for our first time visiting NOLA. At first our jaw dropped when we saw the room we had for just having a "Standard Room" the furniture was very cool and not just kitschy. My boyfriend and I just loved the antique and bamboo furniture as well as the decor. To get to our room we had to go behind a grand spiral staircase to a door that lead to a hallway covered in plants, antique chairs, and tables to drink some coffee and enjoy the weather. This is a very neat hotel where each room is different, there is an awesome swimming area, and another outdoor garden area near the parlor. You are in the heart of NOLA. You literally take a right outside your hotel and you are in Bourbon street, or just a 5$ taxi ride away from Frenchmen Street, which is where we were most nights.

We only truly had two complaints that are easily fixable. The first is, we had problems connecting to the wifi (which is really intended for the parlor and lobby where it works great, but I was hoping to do some work in the lovely room). I do not recommend this hotel if you are looking for strictly business purposes. My boyfriend gave the concierge some low cost tips on how to get Wifi to extend to the rest of the building.The second complaint is that the room's beautiful french doors were covered in a lovely lace material which looked absolutely beautiful but since the bathroom was downstairs in front of the door it didn't leave for a whole lot of privacy.

If you are looking for a wonderful NOLA experience, this is the place. I already booked them for our next trip. The lights often flicker when the AC starts which could be one of their many "hauntings" but I honestly thought it added to the charm of the place.To book at this hotel you need to call in, but it is so worth it and the staff is so friendly and nice, they will give you great tips and will go out of their way to help you out! One big plus that won us over is there is no classism here, you could look like a slob or like you are a million bucks, everyone gets treated like a V.I.P. This is why I give them a 5/5 rating overall because this place has a lot of character and is totally a lot of fun! It made our stay awesome, at the end of the day when we were exhausted my boyfriend said it felt like he was "Coming Home".

Room Tip: The standard rooms are awesome. We got a Jr. Suite and the beds are on a second story loft but I'm not a thin girl and kind of clumsy, so I was a little uncomfortable about having a loft room since the stairway had no rails and was kind of narrow. The great thing, once I got over it was that there was high ceilings and lots of space. It feels like you are in your own apartment.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Staff was Five Stars. Accommodations a bit less. Furniture was eclectic, bathrooms were updated, not period and I was ok with that. If you like history, charm and funk, you'll be just fine here. Convenient stumbling distance from Bourbon Street but totally quiet and insulated from the crowds. The courtyard pool was cloudy and out of commission while we were there, which was a shame cause it was one the main reasons we chose Olivier House. Sofa in our room was slightly musty but everything was perfectly clean.

Room Tip: Room 112 for sure. Bi-Level up a circular cast iron stair case to the king bed. Fun.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2013

No dispute the location is great in the heart of the French Quarter. However, I doubt I'll be coming back. We have been to New Orleans many times, and often noticed this hotel. I thought that since it is fairly large, it would be more like a hotel, but it has that bed and breakfast feel. The staff being a part of your experience (monitoring your comings and goings), no online reservation (you must call), the rooms are each unique, but worn around the edges. Because of the layout it is easy to get lost in the labyrinth of stuffy hallways. At checkout I was given only a credit card receipt with no itemization (I hope my company will allow it on an expense report). If you like a B&B, you may well love it, but if you are looking for a true hotel, I recommend looking elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business