“In the middle of the action with lots of character”

Olivier House Hotel
Ranked #14 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My friend and I were looking for a place with true New Orleans character and the Olivier House certainly fit the bill. It starts when you have to duck your head around the majestic spiral staircase and make your way to the tiny (and I do mean tiny) elevator. The room was large and the bathroom was very nicely updated. We upgraded to a room with a balcony which would have been great if the weather had been warmer. The staff was very helpful and make sure you take advantage of the free beverages in the lounge. Do be aware that there are lots of steps to navigate and the floors aren't always level. If you're a light sleeper you should opt for a inner room or one facing the courtyard. The street side room had a lot of street noise.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street can be quite noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 February 2014

My wife and I came down for our anniversary and luckily chose the oliver house too stay. We wanted to stay all 5 nights of our visit but it was sold out during the weekend. The staff were great answered all questions the hotel room was clean. We will stay at the oliver house again. The bed was very comfortable the pillows were memmory foam., the decor was great the balcony room was worth the extra.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank carter1993
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I recently reserved a room at Olivier House for a three-day-long stay celebrating an anniversary. Upon arrival, I was told my room had been upgraded. We settled in the beautiful and clean room only to find that we could hear construction in the room next door. We called the front desk and upon confirming that the construction would not be complete until tomorrow, the representative helping us upgraded us again into "The Cottage," which is honestly an incredible space.

I chose Olivier House because I had a good experience during a prior stay, and because the location of the hotel is IMO the best in New Orleans.

Throughout the course of my stay, I interacted with five different associates - all of whom were exemplary. They fulfilled all requests quickly, completely, and with an excellent attitude. I asked a front desk representative for a restaurant recommendation based on certain specifications and he gave one that was not only good, but profound.

I can't say enough good about this place. I'll certainly be back.

3  Thank shuamclaw
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The look, the feel and the staff are the classic embodiment of new orleans. Incredibly friendly staff, clasically decorated rooms right in the heart of New Orleans. A nice little pool situated in the center of the rooms and suites. We had both a standard room and a suite for our group. My only complaint would be the proximity to bourbon street, which can be a bit much with the trash and rodents. Seroius charm though.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lindsay L
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed at the Olivier House Jan 30th through Feb 3rd. This Hotel was everything we hoped for and more. Its a classic NOLA hotel with lots of charm and that mysterious feel that you hope to find. The Olivier's location is close to all the action on Bourbon St and other attractions in the French Quarter, we walked all over the city from the Olivier. The Hotel has some cool balcony rooms on Toulouse St and some more facing the inner court yard and pool. This place is old and you can feel the history of the city when you go inside. The staff is wonderful and helpful we even got an upgrade half way through our stay. If I can score Sugar Bowl tix I know where we're staying.

3  Thank vet512
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I could go on for hours and hours about this hotel. There is nothing I do not love. The honeymoon suite with its private balcony and adjoining setting room is a must see for anyone who loves French Quarter charm. I recommend this hotel to everyone who will listen.

The Olivier House is a family run business since the 70s and the staff is super friendly and very accommodating! LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PLACE!

Room Tip: The honeymoon suite is to die for!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Crystal C
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This was our second stay at the Olivier House and they will always be our hotel for New Orleans. They were so accomodating to us this weekend due to weather issues. Bobby and John were so nice. We appreciate everything they did for us. I was there for my birthday and they made it very special. Thank you guys!

The location is great, right off of Bourban Street. The rooms are awesome with antique furnishings. They have also started to upgrade the rooms with new vanities and showers. Bed was comfortable. The also have 24 hour coffee and tea with different flavorings for your coffee.

Room Tip: If you don't like the noise of Bourbon Street try to get a courtyard room.
1  Thank 3dsmom