“Spot On Location-Pricey Rates” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Olivier House Hotel

Olivier House Hotel
Ranked #15 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Spot On Location-Pricey Rates”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed here over Valentine's day weekend. It is in a GREAT location right in the quarter and I love the residential look. The weekend we stayed also happened to be All-Star weekend so the French Quarter was packed. Surprisingly, it was pretty quiet when we finally called it a night despite how close this is to Bourbon St. The loudest noises we heard were from the other guests when they'd use the stairs outside our room, it wasn't too bad though. We stayed in one of the suites with a balcony over-looking the pool and paid about an arm and a leg. One last thing, about our suite: the shower ceiling was relatively low considering most people are taller than me. My husband had to lean down to use the shower, definitely not a great room feature. There's no breakfast included and for the rate they charge, they should feed you once; however, there's free coffee, bottled water & king's cake down in the lobby which is pretty convenient (specially after drinking grenades & hurricanes all night). The staff was friendly and fairly helpful when it came to asking "touristy" questions. My out-of-town friend ended up lodging at this same hotel for the last part of our stay and her suite was, what seemed like, larger than mine and she paid way less than we did including parking (we didn't bring our car)! I do feel like we got robbed in that area and I guess it just depends who you talk to and what rate they may or may not offer you. I will say that I would definitely stay here again, but perhaps during a slower season and not in an over priced suite. Maybe next time we'll see a ghost.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank espym

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Indonesian first
dallas area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Loved this place. An older home with great ambiance. Our room was an inside room with couch and TV on bottom floor with small staircase leading up to 2 beds. Loved meeting people who stayed at hotel, sitting down by fireplace talking all night. The whole staff was wonderful. Polite and helpful. Was in a great location. A 1 min walk to Bourbon or Royal. We were in Jackson square after only a 15 min walk. Right across the street was a little convenience store with water, drinks, snacks. I will definitely be staying here again when I come back. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Was a bit noisy in the mornings. Since our room was off a main walkway. We had stayed out late and w...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank RobinInTexas
Quindalup, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed at Olivier house with a large group for a wedding. We ALL had a blast. The hotel was pretty good. Very interesting and eclectic but the service was good, rooms clean. My room did however face the street and had a lovely balcony (Toulouse Street) and it was rather loud, so I suggest if you aren't late night party people, you should get a court yard room or a room that doesn't face Toulouse Street.
All in all, it's a GREAT location and a pretty funky place.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Heather_Laflamme
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

My friend and I were looking for a place with true New Orleans character and the Olivier House certainly fit the bill. It starts when you have to duck your head around the majestic spiral staircase and make your way to the tiny (and I do mean tiny) elevator. The room was large and the bathroom was very nicely updated. We upgraded to a room with a balcony which would have been great if the weather had been warmer. The staff was very helpful and make sure you take advantage of the free beverages in the lounge. Do be aware that there are lots of steps to navigate and the floors aren't always level. If you're a light sleeper you should opt for a inner room or one facing the courtyard. The street side room had a lot of street noise.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street can be quite noisy.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

My wife and I came down for our anniversary and luckily chose the oliver house too stay. We wanted to stay all 5 nights of our visit but it was sold out during the weekend. The staff were great answered all questions the hotel room was clean. We will stay at the oliver house again. The bed was very comfortable the pillows were memmory foam., the decor was great the balcony room was worth the extra.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank carter1993
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

I recently reserved a room at Olivier House for a three-day-long stay celebrating an anniversary. Upon arrival, I was told my room had been upgraded. We settled in the beautiful and clean room only to find that we could hear construction in the room next door. We called the front desk and upon confirming that the construction would not be complete until tomorrow, the representative helping us upgraded us again into "The Cottage," which is honestly an incredible space.

I chose Olivier House because I had a good experience during a prior stay, and because the location of the hotel is IMO the best in New Orleans.

Throughout the course of my stay, I interacted with five different associates - all of whom were exemplary. They fulfilled all requests quickly, completely, and with an excellent attitude. I asked a front desk representative for a restaurant recommendation based on certain specifications and he gave one that was not only good, but profound.

I can't say enough good about this place. I'll certainly be back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank shuamclaw
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

The look, the feel and the staff are the classic embodiment of new orleans. Incredibly friendly staff, clasically decorated rooms right in the heart of New Orleans. A nice little pool situated in the center of the rooms and suites. We had both a standard room and a suite for our group. My only complaint would be the proximity to bourbon street, which can be a bit much with the trash and rodents. Seroius charm though.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends