We stayed here over Valentine's day weekend. It is in a GREAT location right in the quarter and I love the residential look. The weekend we stayed also happened to be All-Star weekend so the French Quarter was packed. Surprisingly, it was pretty quiet when we finally called it a night despite how close this is to Bourbon St. The loudest noises we heard were from the other guests when they'd use the stairs outside our room, it wasn't too bad though. We stayed in one of the suites with a balcony over-looking the pool and paid about an arm and a leg. One last thing, about our suite: the shower ceiling was relatively low considering most people are taller than me. My husband had to lean down to use the shower, definitely not a great room feature. There's no breakfast included and for the rate they charge, they should feed you once; however, there's free coffee, bottled water & king's cake down in the lobby which is pretty convenient (specially after drinking grenades & hurricanes all night). The staff was friendly and fairly helpful when it came to asking "touristy" questions. My out-of-town friend ended up lodging at this same hotel for the last part of our stay and her suite was, what seemed like, larger than mine and she paid way less than we did including parking (we didn't bring our car)! I do feel like we got robbed in that area and I guess it just depends who you talk to and what rate they may or may not offer you. I will say that I would definitely stay here again, but perhaps during a slower season and not in an over priced suite. Maybe next time we'll see a ghost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Olivier House Hotel is a boutique hotel located in the French Quarter of New Orleans. It is a unique and historic property that was originally constructed in 1839 as a Creole townhouse for the wealthy Olivier family. It has been privately owned and operated as the Olivier House Hotel since 1970. The hotel offers 42 unique guest rooms, lovely public areas, a refreshing outdoor pool, and paid off street parking. The Olivier House Hotel maintains a feeling of old world New Orleans, while providing modern conveniences such as free wireless internet and flat screen TVs in all rooms. The Olivier House Hotel represents New Orleans, and feels a responsibility to share our unique history, traditions, and culture in order to enhance the experience of guests to our city. Guests at the Olivier House Hotel can feel at home in the French Quarter, while experiencing the best New Orleans has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotel.de and Ebookers so you can book your Olivier House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olivier House Hotel New Orleans
- Olivier Hotel New Orleans
- Olivier New Orleans