Olivier House Hotel
Hotel Indigo New Orleans Garden District(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$212
US$518
US$468
  • Pool
Le Pavillon Hotel(New Orleans)
US$297
  • Pool
Windsor Court Hotel(New Orleans)
US$903
Hotel Mazarin(New Orleans)
US$332
US$388
US$344
  • Restaurant
Staybridge Suites New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$746
US$435
US$398
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$178
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewstiny elevatorhoneymoon suitebourbon streetcreole cottagefrench quartertoulouse streetchain hotelsantique furniturecookie cuttersitting roomold world charmunique hotelmodern conveniencesprivate balconyhalf blockhistoric buildingmini fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

This has become the only place I stay when I visit NOLA. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable. It's in a quiet area of the French Quarter and is only a couple of blocks from Bourbon St. I recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to stay.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lolly58
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I hesitate to write a review....as I don't want this place overrun :)

I go to New Orleans 2 to 5 times a year and have for many years. I've literally stayed at most every hotel in the Quarter. Those days are over as I will never stay anywhere else but the Olivier House now.

The location is perfect. I prefer to stay "above" Bourbon Street rather than on Bourbon or "below" on Royal, Chartres or Decatur. It's quieter and more quaint. It's also close to several of my favorite watering holes.

The Olivier is more of a large Bed & Breakfast than a hotel. It's a beautiful old mansion full of maze-like hallways and stairways. There's a lovely sitting room with a fireplace. Full of antiques and charm. A beautiful courtyard.

The rooms are all different. I was in a two floor room with the bedroom in a loft the first time I stayed. It had a great balcony overlooking the courtyard. The second stay I was in a standard room on the fourth floor that was just as lovely.

The staff are absolutely the best. I mean the best. Even arriving home well after 5 AM, after some heavy partying, I was greeted cheerfully and with a sly grin by the gentleman keeping the overnight vigil. No judgement, no raised eyebrows. I really can't say enough about everyone there I encountered. Just tops, really.

It's not hyperbole to say this is the best place I've ever had the pleasure to stay in while in New Orleans.

And to add even more praise. The rates are quite fair.

Room Tip: Not a bad room to be had.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank crsofa1
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We have stayed at a few different hotels in the Quarter, but none compare to Olivier House. From the friendly staff to the beautiful antique decorated rooms ....this place is a gem. Right off Bourbon Street (but without the noise) it is in the middle of everything. We had room 301 which had a large balcony overlooking Toulouse Street, and was beautifully decorated. The icing on the cake came after we checked out and headed for the airport. We received a call from John at the front desk thanking us for staying with them etc...(he did this as he was on the phone with a customer when we left) I loved the Olivier House and will stay there again as we travel to New Orleans a few times a year.....

Room Tip: Any room is a good room..... it all depends if you want a street view or courtyard view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is fantastic, from the decor to the location to.the staff.we could not hear any noise from Bourbon street although it's around the corner..We will stay again. ..I Guarantee .You can walk anywhere in the quarter or catch the streetcar, a rental is not needed. Just watch the high cab $$$ to and from airport...about 15 to 20 per person.a large group will be cheaper getting a stretch limp at the airport....we did

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Eight of us stayed at this hotel. It is in the heart of the French Quarter and a charming and interesting place to stay. We had a suite, but the best room was my youngest granddaughters (age 29)which was like the Queen's bedroom. 20 foot ceilings and a huge queen like bed. Centrally located, it was easy to get to any place in and around the French Quarter. Parking was a little pricey.

Room Tip: Try a suite. Ask for a room that does not face Toulouse Street.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family