Really enjoyed the view of Toulouse St. from our balcony. It was so New Orleans! Felt more like a bed and breakfast than an actual hotel. Staff were very helpful and accommodating. The sink in our room didn't work very well but we enjoyed the lay out of the room and spaciousness. We were in 201 upstairs. The elevator not working was a pain and walking up the beautiful staircase actually took my breath away! Getting luggage up and down was not good.
The street noise was a bit problematic as we were on the street side and could hear the trash trucks running at 3:30 am.
All in all we enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Olivier House Hotel is a boutique hotel located in the French Quarter of New Orleans. It is a unique and historic property that was originally constructed in 1839 as a Creole townhouse for the wealthy Olivier family. It has been privately owned and operated as the Olivier House Hotel since 1970. The hotel offers 42 unique guest rooms, lovely public areas, a refreshing outdoor pool, and paid off street parking. The Olivier House Hotel maintains a feeling of old world New Orleans, while providing modern conveniences such as free wireless internet and flat screen TVs in all rooms. The Olivier House Hotel represents New Orleans, and feels a responsibility to share our unique history, traditions, and culture in order to enhance the experience of guests to our city. Guests at the Olivier House Hotel can feel at home in the French Quarter, while experiencing the best New Orleans has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Olivier House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olivier House Hotel New Orleans
- Olivier Hotel New Orleans
- Olivier New Orleans