“Two previous visits and getting ready to make a third”
Review of Omni Royal Orleans

Omni Royal Orleans
Ranked #16 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Such a great place to stay, never have had anything bad to say about our stay in this hotel. Looking forward to our stay at the end of this month. So close to everything that we enjoy doing, we don't even rent a car anymore.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Omni Royal Orleans

Reviewed 5 March 2014

This hotel is right off Bourbon Street. The Hotel has been renovated in the past few years. If you can afford it, its a perfect place to stay for whatever reason you are in NOLA for. I came with a group of friends for Mardi Gras this time. I've stayed here 5 times now and every time has been great. Best view from a hotel roof in all of New Orleans in my opinion.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Got a great deal to stay here with 7 other couples. We happened to be in town for the first wknd. of Mardi Gras! Room was small (only complaint would be that a little more storage in the bathroom would be nice!) - but VERY quiet & comfortable! From Brandi at check-In, to Al, who helped us with our luggage , the staff was wonderful & so friendly!

We used the rooftop deck for sunsets & drinks. Walked everywhere - as the hotel is in such a great location! Even had a parade or two roll by,right outside the hotel door!

We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We were in room 607 - quiet, & in the corner, with a view of the courtyard
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My room for the $$$ was small, especially the bathroom. And the cost to park a car over night is very expensive when measured against the room rate. Location is great in the French Quarter. I've stayed in the hotel in the past but my room was much larger. I'd stay at the Omni Royal again, as long as I get a bigger room.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Robert Z
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I'm here for Mardi Gras, I spent ALOT for the once in a lifetime trip from the UK. My room is very small and by a plant room, most the corridor is shaking and very noisy. My room opens onto a courtyard, when I opened the doors for the first time there was an ashtray and rubbish on my table. My parents are at the Ritz Carlton on Canal Street which cost less and has double. Breakfast is not even included.

As it's Mardi Gras I wanted assistance. The concierge were so bad I went to my parents hotel for bookings of boat rides, balconies and seating.

I asked for a wake up call as I was a little jet lagged and was assured they would send someone to my room if I didn't wake up by phone. They didn't and now I've woken up 4 hours late which has ruined the highlight of my holiday.

This hotel has systematically ruined my holiday step by step. I'm so disappointed

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank JennyTylerQueensland
Omni R, General Manager at Omni Royal Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

We are extremely disappointed to hear about your recent stay. Please know that this is not of the norm. Our staff works diligently to provide excellent customer service, however it seems as though in your case we have failed. This has been brought to the attention of all of our managers and directors as this is simply unacceptable. Please accept our apologies and know that we are currently working with the staff. Thank you for taking the time to discuss your experience as we appreciate your feedback greatly.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Have spent the last ten years staying at numerous hotels around the world and the service, cleanliness, food, ambience, room comfort and quietness at the Omni Royal is up there as one of the best we've stayed at. Great roof top pool as well!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of there standard rooms and it was great, can only imagine that it just gets better...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rick M

Wow, thank you for your positive review! We appreciate your comments and look forward to another stay.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Had a Queen size room. The room was very small and a Queen bed is too small for two adults. I believe a high-end hotel should have King beds only. To my wife and I, its better to give up a small amount of space around the sides of the bed to have a good nights sleep. Otherwise it is a great hotel., in a fantastic location to access the French Quarter!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple