“Great location but rooms need a facelift.”
Review of Omni Royal Orleans

Omni Royal Orleans
Ranked #12 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
“Great location but rooms need a facelift.”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Overall, the hotel runs smoothly but remodeling with updated decor is in order. From my first step into lobby where I noticed the carpet was worn on the steps to the moment I entered my suite, I had the feeling that it is time to redecorate this hotel. Also, the thermostat was not consistent so we were comforable going to bed but woke up hot in the middle of the night.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (734)
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Wonderful hotel in the midst of the French Quarter. Quick walk to EVERYTHING!! Hotel was visually pleasing across the board. My room was very small.....like cruise ship small but very nice. Room lighting was a bit dim, but plenty of window light when wanted. Roof pool is a real bonus for relaxing. Staff was courteous and helpful. Would absolutely stay here again next time I manage to get back to New Orleans.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Norwalk, United States
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The food, pool, and service were really great. The room was a bit small and could have been better cleaned/prepared but I will just make note next time. The location was a few blocks from my office but close to all the action, which is exactly what I wanted. I plan on staying at the Omni for all my business trips and can't wait for the pool bar to open in the summer!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Monroe, United States
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I highly recommend the Omni Royal Orleans to anyone planning a visit to New Orleans. The service is outstanding, and the location is the most perfect in the city! It is worth the extra money you might pay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We have stayed at the Omni Royal Orleans every time we visited New Orleans over the past few years and have never been disappointed with the hotel or service provided. We come to New Orleans at least twice a year. However, this time around we were disappointed before we even stepped foot in the place! We went to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, we booked the room on the hotels own (omni select guest) website, paid a premium for the time of year, and called the hotel a month before arrival and specifically requested help with transportation to the hotel 'front door', even then, we still ended up walking across Bourbon St at 7pm with our cases in tow through the crowd!! Thats after being assured this would not happen and that we would get transportation to the front door!

The hotel is as cool as ever once inside so we were soon back on track but that is just not good enough this time around! You let us down, BIG time!

Its a shame we will never return to the Omni Royal Orleans, but you only get one chance.. Lying is not big and its not clever, if you cannot help your guests get to the hotel from the airport, say so.. don't lie!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 17 March 2014

As is the way with sites like Trip Advisor, I saw a number of negative reviews and started to worry. There was NO NEED to be concerned. This was a FOUR star hotel all the way. Where do I start? The location is close to EVERYTHING we wanted to see in the Quarter, walking distance to all the attractions. The room was immaculate and quiet even though it was a balcony. Now, we went at a time of year that was AFTER Mardi Gras. My experience in the Quarter has been that if it is a busy time, you take an inside room. The balcony was lovely with two chairs and a table and an overhang so on the one drizzly day we had I could still sit outside. The doormen and the restaurant staff provided stellar service. Housekeeping kept the room lovely. The ONLY thing you have to know about is that the access to the lobby is up stairs at every entrance. My husband uses a wheelchair to save his energy and the Doormen consistently hucked it up and down the stairs for us. they also have an automatic lift at the St. Louis and Royal entrance. DO NOT let this little inconvenience stop you from this landmark, lovely hotel.

Someone on one of the reviews commented that there was "no lobby" I suspect they were maybe imbibing a bit too much. The lobby is lovely, lots of places to sit and little couches tucked away. There is a spectacular roof pool that has all kinds of GREAT views and different places tucked away to relax and enjoy the sun. There is also a bar up there but it does not open until April...bummer. That probably would have been my fave place. We went to the Rib Room every morning for breakfast and had dinner there one night.

The bartenders provided excellent service as did the managers and the wait staff. Each person went out of their way to make us feel welcome and a part of the family. If you go to the OMNI website, you can sign up for their loyalty program. When you do that, your web access is free (you do have to pay more to stream but it is discounted); you get coffee delivered free every morning, a newspaper and a bottle of water each night. Little things but they were appreciated. They missed the first day and as soon as I asked about it, they fixed it. You can opt to have coffee delivered or you can make coffee in your room. We chose a higher end hotel and stayed a few less days and I would do it again. Well worth it.

Room Tip: Note...I hit spa and we did not take advantage but I don't know how to unhit it. :) The rooms on...