“Location Location Location”

Ranked #14 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Manhattan Beach, United States
“Location Location Location”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This hotel couldn't be in a better location. The beds and the pillows were fantastic and although the room and the bathroom were a little small, the space worked for me. Staff was really great. Only major complaint is sound proofing. I could tell you what my neighbors were doing when they were doing it and how they felt about it. I would stay here again, but I would bring ear plugs with me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Danielle O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (735)
Sausalito, California
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This was the first time I've stayed at the Omni Royal Orleans. I was very pleasantly surprised that the hotel was clean, bed/pillows were comfortable and balcony room on the 5th floor was the best. Location of the hotel was central to everything but on a "clean" street compared to other streets. I especially loved the rooftop pool and service. I will definitely be staying here again.

Ottawa
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Omni for 3 nights. We stayed in a premium room which was just fine for size. (A "petite" room would probably be quite small though). The location of the hotel is top notch, and one of its best features. Here are some of the hotel's other positives and negatives.

Positives:
- Anniversary: I had indicated we would be celebrating our anniversary at the time of reservation (and that I would bring the proof with me). While our anniversary was not acknowledged when we checked in, a bottle of champagne was subsequently sent to our room later that day. We really appreciated the recognition. It was a very nice touch.

- Plug by bed: This sounds like a small thing, but having a plug by the bed is a convenience that too few hotels offer.

Negatives:
- Wifi: The Wifi service is not very good as we experienced several instances of no service. Also, the free wifi service was not explained to us when we checked in which resulted in an unwanted charge (which was easily reversed).

- Noise: We were given a very noisy room close to the elevator and the maid station. The constant dinging of the elevator was bothersome, as were the conversations in the halls and the housekeeping noise (although necessary, I understand). While I appreciate the hotel's effort to put signs in the halls reminding people to be quiet at night, too many people ignore them.

I wish the hotel would have asked us when we checked in whether a room close to the elevator was okay. I surely would have said no. Instead, we did not bother with the hassle of requesting a room change - which perhaps was a mistake.

- Older hotel: Make no mistake, this is an old property (although well appointed) which means that some of the amenities of newer hotels (eg. large rooms, fan in bathroom, etc..) can't be offered. There are also structural and plumbing noises that come with the territory and probably can't be fixed. Not the mark of a true 5 star hotel (in my view).

Overall, it was a good experience and I would not hesitate to go back or to recommend the hotel to others. However, I can't give it 5 stars (but would give 4.5 stars) for the reasons mentioned above.

Room Tip: Request a room far from the elevator and maid station.
Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Franny67
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Service was very helpful and always friendly during our 3-night stay over Jazz-Fest weekend. Chilled-out at the pretty rooftop pool that's open until 10 PM along with their observation deck with fantastic views of the City and the mighty Mississippi. I'll book it again, especially in the 2nd-floor room that opened to the quaintly landscaped courtyard. The room was a bit small, but that didn't matter much since we spent so little time there.

Room Tip: Ask at check in for a room with a view or courtyard/balcony access.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Perfect location just a short 2 minute walk to Bourbon street, 4 minutes to Jackson square. Beautiful hotel with all the flare of New Orleans. Very well appointed with luxurious feel to everything. Rooms are expensive but they're worth it. We stayed in a jacuzzi suite and it was enormous with a king bed and a queen sized memory foam couch bed. Rooms do not have mini fridge and microwave. There is a mini bar. Roof top pool was large and kept warm. Beautiful roof top views of the city and water. One of our favorite hotel hotels.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Westfield, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Completely satisified with everything. Location is ideal to walk to everything. Rooms very clean. Staff friendly. Used the check in online option and this made checking in even quicker. Nice pool on roof and a great place to have coffee in the morning.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The hotel is lovely - a historical hotel restored so it feels like it belongs in the French Quarter. Our room was comfy. The staff was quick to accommodate my request for non-feather pillows (allergies). The location was great, as we walked everywhere - Jazz Fest at the State Fair Grounds, the WWII Museum, the St. Charles Streetcar and of course everything inside the French Quarter. Only area for awareness is our friends were on a room facing Royal Street, so it was pretty loud for them with all the activity at night. Our room was on St. Louis, so was quieter and not a concern. During your time there, make sure to head up to the pool one evening after the bar closes - it gets very quiet and has a great view of the city.