“Divine”

Ranked #16 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Nelson, New Zealand
“Divine”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

A truly lovely, welcoming, classy hotel. We had a lovely room overlooking the street. I would definitely stay again.

Everyone has different expectation when they travel, so these are the pluses and minus as I see them – not all will apply to you:

Plus: sumptuous furnishings, good sized bathroom with an amazing shower (probably the most power/water I’ve ever had in a hotel shower). Lovely robe, nice soap. Friendly helpful staff. Fantastic location in the French Quarter – one block from anything you want to see, but still relatively quiet. Had a great snack meal in the bar, and a divine dinner one night in the restaurant.

Minus: Like all beds I’ve stayed at in America, far far to soft and you sink down about 5 cm – absolutely no good if you have lower back problems and need a firm mattress. Hairdryer cord too short and no mirror (outside of the bathroom) to use by power point – a nuisance when there are two of you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (738)
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for jazz fest. I wanted a hotel at the French Quarter because I was with people who had never been to New Orleans before. The location is good because it is walking distance from Bourbon St but far enough to get a good sleep. Valet is available but you pay the price. Courtyard view is disappointing.

Castaic, California
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We spent 4 nights at the Omni Royal. It's a beautiful hotel and close to everything in the French Quarter. The only time we ate there was at the rooftop pool - had a delicious burger and great drinks. The room was comfortable - not huge but that's par for this area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We had a wonderful time at the Omni. At Check-in we were told that we had been upgraded, but I had no idea that we would be staying in a suite with 2 bathrooms, a full living room with a dining area of 8 people, a small kitchen and French doors accessing the balcony at the corner of St. Louis and Rue Royal. I have been spoiled! The suite was very well appointed and immaculately clean. The staff was efficient and thoughtful and just plain nice. My husband was sick, and they went out of their way to help him feel better. And of course, the location is perfect for visiting the French Quarter. I would certainly go back when in New Orleans--and hope they upgrade me again.

Nashville, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We had 3 rooms for 4 nights for the Jazz Fest. Service is great at this hotel. When the front desk overheard us talking about a special event, they sent a bottle of champagne to celebrate. The roof top pool is lovely with a tremendous view of the city. We have come to Jazz Fest 30+ times. This was the best hotel we have stayed in.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Manhattan Beach, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This hotel couldn't be in a better location. The beds and the pillows were fantastic and although the room and the bathroom were a little small, the space worked for me. Staff was really great. Only major complaint is sound proofing. I could tell you what my neighbors were doing when they were doing it and how they felt about it. I would stay here again, but I would bring ear plugs with me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Danielle O
Sausalito, California
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This was the first time I've stayed at the Omni Royal Orleans. I was very pleasantly surprised that the hotel was clean, bed/pillows were comfortable and balcony room on the 5th floor was the best. Location of the hotel was central to everything but on a "clean" street compared to other streets. I especially loved the rooftop pool and service. I will definitely be staying here again.