“nice hotel but weird check-in”
Review of Omni Royal Orleans

Omni Royal Orleans
Ranked #14 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Shreveport, Louisiana
“nice hotel but weird check-in”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

when we arrived, we parked on the sreet and had to walk upstairs to the check-in area. we were not told to drive around to the garage. we also were there right at 3pm and were told that our room was not ready. we were there to meet friends and had dinner reservations and asked if there was not something and finally given a room. the rooms are very small and no counter space in the bathroom. the pros is a super nice top floor with a pool and a bar area. it is alos in the heart of bourbon street and very easy walking to the hot spots.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank shelia52

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (735)
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This hotel is in the perfect location in the French Quarter. It is within walking distance to everything, a block off Bourbon St, which is perfect. The hotel was clean, friendly, plenty of towels. Received a glass of Champayne in the Lobby on Mother's day. I would stay here more often but it is pricey so only stay here on special occasions.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank dkexperience27
Omni R, General Manager at Omni Royal Orleans, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Your feedback is definitely appreciated, we are glad to hear you enjoyed the champagne!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had such a great experience here. From the beauty of the hotel and room to the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. The location could not have been better. I would stay here again!! There was a Mardi Gras walking parade in front of the hotel one day and the hotel passed out beads and complimentary champagne. That was such a nice treat.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

We appreciate your comments, hope to see you next Mardi Gras!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I appreciated the balcony upgrade room. There was a hair pin and paper fragments on the floor at the foot of the bed in the middle of the room. I do not think it had been vacuumed. The bathroom door had brown smudges on it---which I scrubbed off. Otherwise, it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for providing us with valuable feedback regarding your stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your balcony upgrade. It seems as though we did not meet our standard of cleanliness. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.
Arlington, Texas, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is by far the best place to stay in the French Quarter, The rooms are beautiful and many have a great view. It is easy walking distance to all the great areas of the french quarter, restuarants, shops, bars and strip clubs lol. They have the best staff of any hotel I have ever stayed at and don't look down on you even if you don't tip. The pool area on the top floor is fantastic, and drinks and food up there is good and nicely priced. I really can't say enough nice things about this hotel. I know you will love it........

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We were ecstatic to hear about your stay.
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This is my 10th visit to New Orleans. I have only stayed at same place when I have stayed in my time share. This time I booked this hotel through southwest.com. I read several of the reviews before visiting and most of the time I find those negatives not to be true. I found several of the negatives true on this trip to new Orleans.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL.

After alot of airport drama...I was ready to get checked into hotel and get a good nights sleep. When I went to check in she said she needed a card to pay for the room. I was confused because I had paid in full on southwest.com. She then stated that she needed a card for incidentals. I gave her a card and she swiped it several times and it wouldn't go through. I called the card and there was plenty of money on their so, I asked her to swipe it again. Customer service was not open because it was so late. I really did not want to give my debit card to hold money. So I asked if I called the company in the morning could we switch cards and the money be lifted off my debit card. She spoke to the manager Brandi and she stated they would call the bank in the morning and have the money taken off my debit card.

I went up to my room and realized it was right in front of the elevator. I had read several complaints regarding the rooms right next to the elevator and the noise level. I went back downstairs and asked if they had any other rooms available. They said they were sold out but would look in the morning and give me a call if there were any open rooms. This is the last day of my trip and I have yet to hear from them concerning a room with less noise. They had no problem changing others rooms when there was to much noise from a wedding on the 2nd floor.

DO NOT STAY IN THE ROOM NEXT TO THE ELEVATOR IT IS TO LOUD!

The next morning around 7 a.m. I went back to the front desk after calling my credit card company. They stated nothing was wrong with the card. The lady was very helpful and took all the information to get my card switched over. I asked to speak to Brandi because she stated she would be there in the morning. But she was not at work yet. Overall check-in for me was terrible. I think it was totally ridiculous that I had to go through switching cards and it was a couple of hours difference in changing over cards.

Housekeeping did not clean my room until around 5 pm or 6 pm daily. I found that to be totally ridiculous. I walked into the room while they were cleaning the room and she had the glasses running under hot water in the bathroom sink. That is totally unacceptable. I was waiting to see if she was going to replace them with glasses on her cart, but she did not. She simply dried them off and put them back on the self.

If you are a bigger person make sure you do not get a petite room. Everything is small from the shower door, bathroom entry, etc.

Positives:
Electrical Cords by the bed
In the room coffee is good
Pool is nice with a bar
Location is good

Room Tip: Anyroom by the elevator
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
13 Thank SoleSurvivor_14
Omni R, General Manager at Omni Royal Orleans, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
On behalf of the Omni Royal Orleans, we would like to begin by thanking you for your feedback from your recent stay. It appears there are several areas where we failed to meet your expectations as well as the standards we strive to achieve. Please accept our most sincere apologies. We are going to look further into this matter to ensure that this does not occur in the future. Please contact the hotel directly if you require further assistance. Thank you again for your time and feedback, as we appreciate them both.
Crystal Lake, Illinois
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Just got back from a 3 night stay, and I have to say, we were not very happy. This was our second time staying here, as our first experience was great. We go to New Orleans 4 times a year, and were hoping to find a home away from home, as our son goes to college there. The front desk guy was very dismissive, even rude, to me on 2 separate occasions, and they would not accommodate our request for a new room. We were in Room 220; I had wanted a room with a balcony, which we got. But it was an adjoining room to the suite next door, and we could hear every single word they said, any time of day. Also, the mechanicals are right outside the room, and it sounded like a helicopter was landing, and making things in the room "buzz". Fabulous location, the room was beautiful, a little small with 2 double (not queen) beds, and a large balcony. Bathroom is small, but nicely appointed. The valet/parking garage guys are great, very friendly, as is the front doorman and the bellman, they really made us feel welcome. Don't think I will spend my hard earned money there again, pretty expensive, and certainly not to be disrespected by the front desk guy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family