“The Omni Royal Orleans”

Ranked #15 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Huntsville, Alabama
“The Omni Royal Orleans”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My family and I were very impressed with the friendliness and professionalism of all the staff at the Omni Royal Orleans. The food was top notch and the room was great. Overall the Omni Royal Orleans was a 10 out of 10 for us. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank cherylb204

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (743)
Troy NY, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed at the Omni for a training session. The entire stafff was great. The room was clean, quiet and well maintained. Marty and Leroy at the front door had the best recommendations for resturants. The Rib Room and Morsals a good to dine at also or to get a quick snack. I miss being there already.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The hotel is a great location! We were within a couple of blocks from some of the best restaurants in the French Quarter, K Paul's, Cafe du Monde, The Grill, Johnny's and the Napoleon House.
The staff was really nice and helpful, recommending great restaurants and things to see.
Beautiful decor and clean rooms! Also, the rooftop views and pool were amazing!
Definitely staying here on our next trip and would definitely recommend staying here!

Room Tip: We let the staff know we wanted a quiet room and they put us on the top floor on the opposite side f...
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We have recently spent a week at the Omni Royal (2nd- 10th June) Where we had the best week ever! Check in was lovely, after a nightmare flight in, with 3 take offs in 12 hours because a Delta pilot didn't bother checking the water levels, we were tired and grumpy and fed up - yet received a warm welcome by the lady at reception, and "Rico" the doorman.

The rooms were gorgeous, and the balcony an extra treat. Reviewers who are complaining about the size of the rooms need reminding its a city centre hotel, We were right on the street, and the various street performers were glorious to sit and have a night cap to or throw open the doors and listen to in the afternoon or while getting ready for dinner. They do go on throughout the night, and although my Husband and I couldn't hear a thing through our doors, My father could a few doors down so if you like complete peace you may wish to ask for a room on the other side.

We had signed up to the select guest programme which I was a little sceptical about at first, yet it entitled us to a free beverage ( for all in the room) every morning which was lovely, free wifi which was a godsend, and other bits and pieces so it turned out to be well worth it.
Rooftop pool was lovely and open from 6am which My husband enjoyed, and there's a Starbucks in the lobby which I enjoyed :)

However! Bit upset when I was packing up to leave as it was after housekeeping had been in on second to last day. They were always very thorough, however I had bought some earrings which I loved from the house of blues, they were special edition and I wouldn't be able to replace them unless I went back ( not going to happen for a few years at least, when I can guarantee they wont be still selling them) , but i had kept in the bag they were purchased in and were quite dainty so easily seen as an empty bag. After tearing the room apart looking for them I had to come to the conclusion they had been thrown away :( I don't believe a lot of reviews about housekeeping theft, as the pride most housekeeping departments take in their jobs would make theft a very rare occurrence, but where I left them and due to the bag looking empty it was obvious what had happened. So as I said I was upset, not at the cost, just the fact I wont ever be able to replace them. So Housekeeping although fantastic, need to be just a little more cautious when dealing with peoples things. Even if it was an empty bag ( I wish) What if I had wanted to keep it?!

Breakfast at the hotel was also gorgeous, with all the staff including all doorman just couldn't do enough to help.
All in all, I can highly recommend this hotel, just make sure you put away all your bits and bobs!!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are great if you don't mind a bit of backround noise ( it wasn't even "no...
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed three nights. The front desk staff was very friendly, the room was very luxurious though it was a little bit small - but we truly enjoyed our accommodations. It was a pure pleasure to stay there. The location was fantastic and all in walking distance. Will be back for sure!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christian K
Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful time at the Omni Royal in New Orleans. It is in the perfect location, we used the valet parking for our car and didn't need it again until we checked out. This hotel is within walking distance to EVERYTHING!!!! The hotel was clean and comfortable and the pool area was excellent. My hint is to make sure to get a room with a balcony facing Royal Street.

2 Thank Julie L
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

My family stayed for one night in June and I wish we could have stayed longer! We got two rooms- one with a balcony over looking St Louis street and another facing into the courtyard. The courtyard room was nice and quiet. The st Louis balcony room was a lot of fun! After the kids were asleep, my husband and I were able to sit out on balcony and people watch while a band with an awesome violinist played beautiful music on the corner of royal and St. Louis. Nice cool breeze on balcony too! The hotel was very kid friendly too. They gave our kids welcome backpacks with crayons, coloring book, and other fun things. They also offered turn down service for the kids which included cookies, milk, and trail mix.

Now the pool and pool area were absolutely beautiful and very relaxing. It opens at 5:30, so we went first thing when kids got up. It was sunny, but with nice cool breeze- not hot and muggy like down on street level. The views were great and all of the lovely potted plants made for lovely surroundings - could have spent hours there.

Want to return!