“Week of leisure”
Review of Omni Royal Orleans

Omni Royal Orleans
Ranked #20 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I used to live in the French Quarter, and come back every year to soak in the ambiance. This is my second stay at the Omni Royal Orleans, and I love it here. I have a small Pug, and the staff made me feel very welcome. He is crate trained and quite the gentleman. The hotel is very quite, and the rooms are beautiful. I spent two days just lounging around the roof top pool and bar. Rico, the doorman, was amazing and made my family feel like royalty. He even spread rose petals for us to walk on to make us laugh. The Rib Room is by far one of the yummiest secrets. We ate there two times for supper, despite the choices in the quarter. The prime rib is delicious, as is the filet mignon. Parking was steep, but when you look at the parking situation in the quarter - you are glad for a safe place for your car! I recommend this hotel for every kind of travel. Again, the rooms are very solid and quiet. I hate noise when I sleep, and there was a family with a baby next door but I never heard a peep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the street. The city is beautiful at night.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary W
Omni R, General Manager at Omni Royal Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

We are so glad you were able to enjoy yourself and relax!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,924)

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This hotel is situated in the center of the French Quarter and is in a building typical of most of the architecture in the neighborhood, but it was built in the 20th century, I think in 1960. They did a good job at replicating the old style. The lobby is rather nice, the staff is very friendly, and the rooms are standard. They are rather small rooms and you may get a view of the back alley. We were at first given a tiny room with one bed that had a not so great view of the back. However, the staff at the front desk reassigned us to a larger room that had the view of the street. I was quite pleased with the change.
The cleaning was nothing unusual, A couple of nights they missed our turn down, and, for some strange reason, they took away one of the robes that came with our room.
Breakfast is an arm and a leg, but it is quite good. They actually cook at the hotel restaurant, but they don't have lactaid milk so I couldn't have my morning cereal. Never tried the restaurant for dinner because it is expensive.
There are some really gorgeous ball rooms there - a great place for a wedding.
The hotel has a small pool on the roof. There is a bar there as well and an observation deck that you must go to. There is also a gym on the roof. These facilities are open from the early morning until 10 at night. A very nice place!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the street and a room with 2 beds. The rooms with 1 bed are the size of a closet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank susmug
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Location is great, Service excellent, noise at night but it is the French Quarter. We were close to everything. Checked in early and parked the car. Walked to lunch in Jackson Square came back to the pool to cool off then out for the night. Great Experince

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Eric W
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Overall the hotel and staff were very good. Glad the hotel had parking available. Super location to get to fun activities and resturants. You could walk to most attractions on the French Quarter. Overall great service and accomadations. The only negatives were the room was really small and parkig was very expensive.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul N
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Let me start off by saying how nice everyone is at this hotel. I traveled to New Orleans on business and had a few late nights while staying here. They were so kind to have a wake-up call for me in the morning and even brought up band-aids and ointment to me after I fell and cut my knee. Such southern hospitality!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Brooke R
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The entire staff at the hotel was extremely friendly and overall I enjoyed my stay. I was in a small queen that had only a shower instead of a bathtub, however, I understand that is a personal choice. The room was clean, quiet and quite nice. I would stay there again. I was impressed that they give military discounts.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynda K
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The hotel location is awesome, close to the action on Bourbon Street but far enough away to be quiet. Staff was friendly and room was spotless. Bathroom very small, hardly room for toiletries but shower great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends