“Just Right!”

Omni Royal Orleans
Ranked #15 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
“Just Right!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Perfect for our family of 4. It was in the ideal location; close enough to Bourbon St, but far enough away. We were surrounded by excellent restaurants. The rooftop pool was enjoyable and the staff was attentive. My children appreciated the nice gesture of a complimentary Shirley Temple. Our room was spacious and clean.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank PittmanDMD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (744)
Texas
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Omni Royal Orleans is in the heart of the French Quarter, only a short walk to all attractions. The hotel is very pretty and well maintained and the staff is always friendly and helpful. This is a first rate operation. The room was a nice size and the bed was comfortable. The balcony was a nice addition. My only disappointment was that I paid for wifi and it was very spotty. It connected one day on my Kindle Fire and never on my iPhone. It was still a great hotel.

1 Thank Trippin26
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 7 August 2014

New orleans is an interesting city to try. There is more than the french quarter there. However if this is what you are looking for... This hotel is right there!
It is walking location to all attractions. Clean, good and fine this hotel will make your party days comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pati V
FAIRHOPE
Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you are looking for a really nice hotel with very convenient valet parking then look no farther. The Omni is well located to Jackson Square and Bourbon St. and is a very high quality operation. Definitely become a loyalty member as the perks are a big benefit: free wifi, complimentary coffee in the morning, coffee and beignets coupon for Café DuMonde. Nice touches. Rooms are spotless and the beds are great. We loved the hotel

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

3 Thank HAROLD B
Clearwater, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great place, terrific location in the heart of activity, great people, everyone was so friendly & helpful! Has a pool which was great at the end of a long hot day!! Clean room and bath. Bed comfortable and has the good bedding (down), not the yucky lead comforter! Shower modern with the awesome shower head!

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

3 Thank Brenda G
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The location is amazingly perfect to everything, the people are so over the top nice, and the amenities are very classy. It has a great old world feeling to it but with upgrades and modernizations. The rooftop pool and bar are one of the best in NOLA.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Omni R, General Manager at Omni Royal Orleans, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!
Hercules, California
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We arrived at 10am on a weekday. I knew it was too early to check in so I did not even bother to ask. Imagine my surprise when we were told our room was ready and we could check in. I did not even have to ask! I literally wanted to cry tears of joy. These things never happen to us. Ever. We never get free upgrades nor early check-in privileges. If only for that, Omni Royal already deserves my 5 stars. But even if we were not able to check in early, I still would have given Omni a high rating because of its perfect location and excellent customer service.

Omni Royal is only a couple of blocks away from Bourbon street...it's near where the action is, yet far from its noise allowing for a good night's sleep. It's at the corner of Royal Street where various galleries are located and where street performers can be found later in the day. It's also a short walk to St. Louis Cathedral and Jackson Square. This was really convenient because a couple of the walking tours we attended met at those locations.

We booked a petite queen room so I expected our room to be small and cramped. Our room was spacious it felt like an upgrade! The bed and pillows were so comfy making me want to stay in bed longer.

The gym was open as early as 5am. I forgot to bring my headphones but it turned out to be a non-issue because there were earphones available for guests. The heated outdoor pool was open from 7am to10pm. Towels and lounge chair covers were provided. There were even sunblock lotions free for guests to use when we dropped by in the afternoon.

We usually don't avail of housekeeping services. I did appreciate receiving a call from housekeeping asking if we needed replenishment of bathroom supplies.

Throughout our stay, I felt like a valued guest. In case I find myself in the French Quarter again, I will not even consider staying anywhere else but at the Omni Royal. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review. It is a pleasure when we can make such an impression on our guests! It seems like you had a wonderful time, and we hope there are many fun stays to come!