“45th weeding anniverary”

Ranked #11 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Rocheport, Missouri
“45th weeding anniverary”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

the hotel was very nice and we were able to check in early. Issues both night with guest coming in early night and banging on door to get in there room. Also no complimentary coffee in room or lobby. We were waiting in lobby early morning for tour would have been nice to have complimentary coffee available- when waiting on shuttle in St Louis hotel coffee was available.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Omni R, General Manager at Omni Royal Orleans, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
We are very sorry to hear that you experienced noise disturbances during your stay. Your feedback is invaluable and we appreciate your taking the time to write a review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (724)
Westchester, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We remain upset about our room experience--hence the "Poor" rating, though we'd have given a "Good" or "Very Good" if not for that experience, as below. I personally spoke with a hotel representative to make our reservation. My wife and I were traveling with two 12 year old girls for 3 nights and requested a King room for us and a room with two doubles for them, adjoining. The Omni rep told me they didn't have such an arrangement available but that we could get a King suite (for $200/night more than the regular room rate) where the living room area would adjoin the double room. We were persuaded by him to take that option, even though it was much more expensive, as we wanted to have the girls in an adjoining room and figured they could have the use of the living room area separate from our bedroom. I verified this arrangement with him at least three times during the call. However, when we were assigned our rooms, they were NOT adjoining. We immediately alerted the front desk and were told that the adjoining rooms were no longer available and they "apologized." There was no offer of any other accommodation for our inconvenience. This situation significantly diminished our enjoyment of our vacation with the girls. In addition, we did not use the living room at all, other than the extra bathroom, and found it extremely irritating that we had been talked "up" by the Omni representative and then not given what we were told we were paying for--effectively a "bait and switch." When we checked out, we spoke with the manager, who offered to comp a $56 room service charge, which we found entirely inadequate. He subsequently offered to reduce our rate by $100, which we took to mean $100/night (which we thought would have been fair), but in fact he only refunded a total of $100 for the three nights. Other than this, the location is excellent, the rooms are decent size and comfortable, though with somewhat stodgy decor and VERY small bathrooms (more like powder rooms with one sink, a toilet and a bathtub/shower crammed in), and the beds are comfortable. Except for the front desk, service is a high point--bell staff and front door staff are very helpful and friendly. However, desk staff behaved as above. Overall, we wish we had stayed elsewhere--check out the Monteleone or the JW Marriott. They looked great.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank drron36
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

While going to Nashville from Houston. We planned to stay in this hotel. The idea was to see the New Orleans places so we booked in heart of french quarters. I saw that this was a 4 star hotel and I was confident that this must be a great deal. But as soon as we entered the room, it was so small that we never stayed in such a tiny room. There was no place to walk, just bed and a chair and tightly packed room. 42 inch TV just in from on Bed. In the bathroom, no place to stand properly to bath. This was horrible experience since we never thought that a 4 star hotel can have such a small room. I don't know if hotel associations has any standard for room size but this is bad that this rating hotel has such a small room.
I will suggest to stay away from this hotel if you like spacious rooms. I felt cheated since I expected it to be a great stay and this hotel spoiled our whole trip.

• Stayed August 2014
6 Thank ajay2015
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Really a wonderful hotel. The only thing that lacked was the valet. Which over a 4 day stay we visited 6 times and was overall lacking in kindness. When we got there they valet directed us where to park and then pointed where we needed to go. For a hotel like this I expected him to help us unload the car and take our bags up. After I asked he reluctantly to our bags inside and told us the front desk would handle it. From here it was great. The check in was wonderful and easy. They basically just handed us a car and told us the Bell man would bring up all our stuff. We went up to our room and a short time later the Bell man brought up our stuff. His name was Rico and was the highlight of the hotel. He gave us a walk through of the hotel and the city and gave us a card and told us to call him if we had any questions. The next day when we called down for the car to the valet to have it ready at a certain time as we where going to a wedding they said no problem. When we got there however we had to wait 10 min for the car and when I was waiting was asked very rudely what my problem was. Just as an fyi I tipped everytime so there was no problem with that. On our last day there we ordered room service and when we called they told us it would be up in less that 35 min and they brought it to us in 20 min. It was great and they were very nice. When we left we planned to spend the day in Nola so we checked out and let them hold on to our bags. We asked from Rico and he showed up at our door and took care of our stuff while we spent one last day in NOLA. He helped us pack the car and even found a way for us to pack up flowers and a vase so that nothing would break. I will stay here again I just hope they get the valet situation fixed as if you have a car you will be dealing with them alot.

Room Tip: free wifi if you are a member which is free online
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Windsor Court last year. WC is nicer than RO in my opinion but RO location is better. Pool was fun - and there were a lot of kids so that was good for us - not too quiet. Staff very friendly.

Will move on to Place de Armes next visit.
.....

Stayed August 2014
New Orleans
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

I just checked in today and after a very long flight ordered room service. 1 hour later and I'm still waiting. I then called down to room service for an ETA and there is no order on file. By the way I had clearly just woken this person up from a nap. He then half heartedly offers to take another order but expo and to me that the wait would be quite long. Needless to say this visit is off to an extremely bad start. I am hoping things improve by tomorrow. If they don't I will be moving to The Ritz. The rate is very comparable and the service is impeccable. Given the very high nightly rates for The Omni I would expect for the service to be better than what I have experienced this far.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Sue_sue8893
Nicholls, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Great Hotel with exceptional staff. Location is excellent and amenities are also very good. Really enjoyed the rooftop pool bar and views Food in the Rib Room (in-house restaurant) was good and service excellent Would recommend this hotel for your next trip to New Orleans.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family