Omni Royal Orleans
US$349
US$337
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$231
US$447
US$382
Waldorf.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$289
  • Pool
Hotel Le Marais(New Orleans)
US$355
  • Breakfast included
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$405
US$333
Omni Hotels
US$310
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$450
US$258
  • Pool
Maison Dupuy(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$231
Travelocity
  • Pool
Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$197
5,160 results
All reviewsrib roomrooftop poolobservation deckfrench quartergreat locationbourbon streetjackson squareroyal streetbeautiful hotelbalcony roomrooms are smallbell staffwithin walking distancemississippi rivertwo blocksvalet parkingdefinitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2010

I was a little concerned about this hotel going in, having read some of the reviews about small rooms, etc. Let me tell you, I feel like I got the best deal in town. Our room was fantastic, the staff was excellent, you're right in the heart of the French Quarter......there's nowhere I'd rather stay in New Orleans. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
OmniRoyalOrleans, manager at Omni Royal Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2010

Thank you for your 5 star review of the Omni Royal Orleans. We are happy that you decided to stay here at the ORO and to see what the Royal O experience is all about! Thank you for the compliments and for the recommendation. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to New Orleans.

Reviewed 7 April 2010

From start to finish, I definitely see how hard the staff of the Omni are working to provide top notch service. Before my stay, a rep from the Loyalty program called to find out what time I was arriving and to offer her services in coordinating any plans. I was impressed before we even arrived! Upon check in, our room was ready (even though it was before posted check in time). The Omni did a fabulous job remembering my birthday. Again, I was impressed! At other hotels in the past, special occasions have gone unrecognized. I really felt special when the Omni remembered. Room service staff were prompt and pleasant, and the chicken fingers were tasty. As mentioned by everyone else, the location of the Omni cant be beat. The only downside was the noise from nearby guests, and I have seen previous responses by the manager that they are about to embark on rennovations to address this. So, to sum up, I was impressed by the wonderful customer service, and would definitely return to the Omni.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Beautiful hotel located two blocks off of Bourbon Street and two blocks away from Jackson Square.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2010

As many have mentioned, this hotel is perfectly located. You can easily walk to sights in every direction, yet not hear the noise from Bourbon St. one block away. Staff was super friendly & most accommodating & helpful. Lobby & rooms quite clean & tastefully appointed. (Note: rooms on 7th floor, top of hotel, while quite charming with the slanted beams, have very small windows due to the original building structure & have very little light. Also, request a room away from the elevator. As this is a late night town, you hear lots of loud people passing by your room constantly.) Beds were very comfortable with nice, soft linens, but agree with some others, they could use a heavier weight blanket. Traveled with a 6 & 19-yr old & was a welcoming place for both. Breakfast buffet had a nice selection of healthy choices. Rooftop pool with phenomenal views of the city at all different times of the day was quite a perk.

Our major complaint was not due to the hotel itself, but rather the major miscommunication with our reservation. We specifically requested balcony, adjoining rooms. Adjoining being a necessity with the kids, and a balcony a must in one of the rooms. We were there to celebrate my husband's birthday in his favorite city and this was his one requirement: to have a balcony & watch the N'Awlins street life go by. Based on all the TripAdvisor reviews, we chose this hotel as it was listed as one of the best to stay with a balcony. After many conversations with various reservation people & managers, and then learning about all the different room configurations & what was/was not possible for our request, we were told we could get 2 King adjoining rooms, only one with a balcony. A manager confirmed this (there's even a message on my answering machine) even with specifics that these were corner rooms, facing 2 different streets. We thought we were all set. Imagine the surprise when we walked into our rooms & not one of them had a balcony (not to mention very small windows). When I explained our scenario to the front desk, they tried to figure out what happened but there was nothing in our records except that we needed adjoining rooms. Jeffrey Franklin, the manager on duty, did feel badly about what occurred but unfortunately there was nothing he could do because the hotel was fully booked during our stay & all 16 balconies were occupied. He also said the room configuration that was confirmed to us only exists in one room in this hotel. I found this to be incredibly disturbing based on the amount of time & conversations I had regarding this reservation. The most surprising thing was that none of these conversations were documented anywhere in my record. Not sure if this was miscommunication between the main Omni reservation center & the hotel, but it definitely was not acceptable.

That being said, they did try to make our stay comfortable (rate reduced, breakfast offered for day that room service didn't show up in time one morning & we had to leave), but it surely started our short 4 day visit off on the wrong foot.

Yes, I would stay here again as the positives outweighed the negatives, but would just request something specific in writing regarding our reservation.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2010

My wife and I truly enjoyed our 4 night stay in New Orleans at this Omni Hotel. The desk staff all were outstanding...so were the doormen (especially Marty)...everyone we encountered was friendly and professional. The location was perfect for our needs and tastes. Yes, the room was small, but totally suitable. The only changes I would recommend would be to find a way to develop more counter space in the bathroom (easily done in my opinion) and to raise the in-room safe (it's hard for this older guy to be on his knees to get into the safe). The beds were great and the sheets and bedspread also felt great. I also loved the bathroom towels. Our rooms were cleaned very well and we simply had a great time at a great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your 5 star review of the Omni Royal Orleans! We are happy to hear that you had such a great experience here with everything from the accommodations to the staff to the location. We will pass the compliment on to Marty! We will be going through a renovation later this year which will address the issue of the size of the rooms (and bathrooms). We truly appreciate your business and hope that you come stay with us again the next time you’re in New Orleans.