“Good stay!”

Ranked #16 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
livermore, ca
“Good stay!”
Reviewed 18 April 2010

This hotel is in a nice part of the French Quarter. Excellent location. There is a pool and bar on the 7th floor which offers a nice view of the Mississippi.
No need to rent a car here! Take an airport shuttle from the airport. Everything is in walking distance.
Royal street, which the hotel is located on, is closed to traffic part of the time to accommodate musicians and tap dancers.
The housekeeping staff did an excellent job each and every day of my stay. The rest of the staff were great as well. I would definitely come back again - I'd try to score a balcony room next time!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
OmniRoyalOrleans, Manager at Omni Royal Orleans, responded to this review, 4 May 2010
Thank you for your 4 star review and for the nice description of the Omni Royal Orleans. Thank you, as well, for the compliments to the staff, we do try to give every guest the Royal O experience! We would love to have you back as our guests, we appreciate your business!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (744)
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2010

My husband and I are just back from a week at the Omni. It was a special surprise birthday trip for my husband. On our arrival we had a bottle of sparkling wine and a Birthday card in our room from our Loyalty Ambassador Antonia Knouse. There was a small snag not getting our complimentary morning beverages on the first day but later we had a card from Antonia apologising for this and giving us a voucher for drinks from the bar. The rooftop pool was great and the bar staff very friendly. Yes the rooms and hallways need a bit of an upgrade but we had a Queen Room and we didn't find it small at all. The lobby and Bar are beautiful and the Concierge very helpful - as were the doormen. Thank you Omni for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your 4 star review of the Omni Royal Orleans. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you chose the ORO for your special occasion! We will be renovating our rooms later this year and it would be our pleasure to have you as our guests again to experience the new rooms. We truly appreciate your business!
Geneva
Reviewed 11 April 2010

We just returned from a 4 night stay at the Omni Royal. Overall it was a very positive experience. We really enjoyed the rooftop pool/bar which is very well maintained. There was a slight problem with our reservation, however, and our check in did not go as smoothly as one would like. I had booked my reservation directly with the hotel over the telephone as my husband and I were traveling with our teenage daughter and her friend, and it was essential that our rooms be adjoining or close in proximity. I was told we would have a superior double with a balcony, with a twin double right across the hall. When we got to the hotel, they did not have the proper rooms available. It took quite a bit of maneuvering on the part of the front desk to get us situated. My husband and I ended up in the balcony room as desired, but the girls room was a queen rather than two twins as I had been told we would have. Apparently there are no twin rooms near the balcony rooms. Otherwise helpful, friendly staff and superb location from which to enjoy the big easy!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
OmniRoyalOrleans, manager at Omni Royal Orleans, responded to this review, 13 April 2010
Thank you for your review of the Omni Royal Orleans! We are happy you had a positive stay, however we apologize for the confusion with the reservation/rooms. We understand how important it is to keep your children safe and close by while staying in a hotel. Thank you for the compliments to the staff, we strive to accommodate each and every guest’s requests. We truly appreciate your choice to stay here at the ORO and hope that you choose to stay with us again on your next trip to the Big Easy.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 8 April 2010

I was a little concerned about this hotel going in, having read some of the reviews about small rooms, etc. Let me tell you, I feel like I got the best deal in town. Our room was fantastic, the staff was excellent, you're right in the heart of the French Quarter......there's nowhere I'd rather stay in New Orleans. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
OmniRoyalOrleans, manager at Omni Royal Orleans, responded to this review, 9 April 2010
Thank you for your 5 star review of the Omni Royal Orleans. We are happy that you decided to stay here at the ORO and to see what the Royal O experience is all about! Thank you for the compliments and for the recommendation. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to New Orleans.
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed 7 April 2010

From start to finish, I definitely see how hard the staff of the Omni are working to provide top notch service. Before my stay, a rep from the Loyalty program called to find out what time I was arriving and to offer her services in coordinating any plans. I was impressed before we even arrived! Upon check in, our room was ready (even though it was before posted check in time). The Omni did a fabulous job remembering my birthday. Again, I was impressed! At other hotels in the past, special occasions have gone unrecognized. I really felt special when the Omni remembered. Room service staff were prompt and pleasant, and the chicken fingers were tasty. As mentioned by everyone else, the location of the Omni cant be beat. The only downside was the noise from nearby guests, and I have seen previous responses by the manager that they are about to embark on rennovations to address this. So, to sum up, I was impressed by the wonderful customer service, and would definitely return to the Omni.

Miami
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Beautiful hotel located two blocks off of Bourbon Street and two blocks away from Jackson Square.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
new york city
Reviewed 7 April 2010

As many have mentioned, this hotel is perfectly located. You can easily walk to sights in every direction, yet not hear the noise from Bourbon St. one block away. Staff was super friendly & most accommodating & helpful. Lobby & rooms quite clean & tastefully appointed. (Note: rooms on 7th floor, top of hotel, while quite charming with the slanted beams, have very small windows due to the original building structure & have very little light. Also, request a room away from the elevator. As this is a late night town, you hear lots of loud people passing by your room constantly.) Beds were very comfortable with nice, soft linens, but agree with some others, they could use a heavier weight blanket. Traveled with a 6 & 19-yr old & was a welcoming place for both. Breakfast buffet had a nice selection of healthy choices. Rooftop pool with phenomenal views of the city at all different times of the day was quite a perk.

Our major complaint was not due to the hotel itself, but rather the major miscommunication with our reservation. We specifically requested balcony, adjoining rooms. Adjoining being a necessity with the kids, and a balcony a must in one of the rooms. We were there to celebrate my husband's birthday in his favorite city and this was his one requirement: to have a balcony & watch the N'Awlins street life go by. Based on all the TripAdvisor reviews, we chose this hotel as it was listed as one of the best to stay with a balcony. After many conversations with various reservation people & managers, and then learning about all the different room configurations & what was/was not possible for our request, we were told we could get 2 King adjoining rooms, only one with a balcony. A manager confirmed this (there's even a message on my answering machine) even with specifics that these were corner rooms, facing 2 different streets. We thought we were all set. Imagine the surprise when we walked into our rooms & not one of them had a balcony (not to mention very small windows). When I explained our scenario to the front desk, they tried to figure out what happened but there was nothing in our records except that we needed adjoining rooms. Jeffrey Franklin, the manager on duty, did feel badly about what occurred but unfortunately there was nothing he could do because the hotel was fully booked during our stay & all 16 balconies were occupied. He also said the room configuration that was confirmed to us only exists in one room in this hotel. I found this to be incredibly disturbing based on the amount of time & conversations I had regarding this reservation. The most surprising thing was that none of these conversations were documented anywhere in my record. Not sure if this was miscommunication between the main Omni reservation center & the hotel, but it definitely was not acceptable.

That being said, they did try to make our stay comfortable (rate reduced, breakfast offered for day that room service didn't show up in time one morning & we had to leave), but it surely started our short 4 day visit off on the wrong foot.

Yes, I would stay here again as the positives outweighed the negatives, but would just request something specific in writing regarding our reservation.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family