“Best Place to Stay in New Orleans!”
Review of Hotel Provincial

Hotel Provincial
Ranked #18 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
Muscle Shoals, AL
“Best Place to Stay in New Orleans!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Our first trip to New Orleans. This hotel is the best place to stay in the French Quarter, reasonably priced, close to everything. Walk to French Market, Jackson Square, 2 blocks to Bourbon Street. Secure parking and complimentary valet. It is an old hotel but updates are great. New bathrooms & wonderful bedding. The staff is AWESOME! Never stayed in a hotel that made us feel so welcome. This is THE best experience we have ever had at a hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on second floor overlooking the pool. Rooms were quiet, easy access to everything. Beautif...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BamaNana24

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (663)
  • Polish first
Tasmania
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Location was perfect - right inside the French Quarter, everything within walking distance, yet far enough from the lovely noisy Bourbon Street to ensure a quiet night's sleep. Our room had a fireplace and crystal chandelier and an enormous comfortable bed. Friendly staff! Breakfast was a strange affair for Australians but the Americans do not seem to mind the setup - it was ok. We would definitely recommend and stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Golden, Canada
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Hotel Provincial for two nights during a visit to New Orleans in August 2013. The hotel staff were very welcoming--special shout-out to Sharlene at the front-desk for being particularly awesome! Thank you also for the recommendation to eat at Coop's Place! Our room was great--it had a four-poster bed with floor-ceiling wooden shutters that opened out to a beautiful French Quarter view of the street! Super charming. The continental breakfast offers a good amount of options. We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Provincial and will definitely stay there again!

On a side note, we needed to rent a car after we checked out of Hotel Provincial for the next part of our trip. We asked the staff for a recommendation of a rental car company to book with. The staff recommended Nifty Car Rental. We liked that it was a local company, but our experience with Nifty was not positive and upon subsequently reading other people's experiences with Nifty it seems to be a common trend. We would suggest that Hotel Provincial perhaps selects a different rental car company to recommend to future guests.

Thank you again, Hotel Provincial!

With gratitude,
Phil and Amy

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I researched hotels in NOLA and I am so glad I picked Hotel Provincial! The location was perfect - 2 blocks from the French Market, Cafe DuMonde and Bourbon St. Everyone on the staff was friendly, even the guy sweeping leaves in the courtyard! The recently renovated room was beautiful, relaxing and had probably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The bathroom counter area was gorgeous and spacious. James, the bartender at the Ice House Bar, was so nice and his Hurricanes and Bloody Marys were the best I have ever had! I am now a fan of spicy pickled green beans! The continental breakfast was basic, but fine, since we ate throughout our sightseeing, just needed a stack and coffee to start the day.

Our room was on the 1st floor by the courtyard and pool. The pool was beautiful and was the perfect temp. There were 2 rooms by us being renovated, but they were painting so it wasn't noisy. There were renovations going on in one of the other buildings, but I only heard the noise if I was by the pool. The A/C worked great and the ceiling fan helped also. It was quiet - I had seen reviews stating that the A/C was noisy.

I spoke with multiple other guests who had stayed her before and would never stay anywhere else - and I think I would agree with that! It was a quiet area, so unlike the Bourbon St hotels.

I can't say enough about Hotel Provincial!

Room Tip: I liked the main building because it was close to the pool and the Ice House Bar/breakfast room. Th...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Brookhaven, Mississippi
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This was my first visit to New Orleans, we stayed 2 nights the Hotel Provincial. We really enjoyed this hotel. The rooms a great, need to have a fridge and microwave in them, but the bed was so comfortable. They have a friendly staff, on site parking. The location is not so bad either, I really enjoyed myself.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Provincial in Aug 2013, thanks to the excellent service by all staff that attended to us. The Valet let my friends and family park at the hotel for Free as they visit with me~ that was awesome!
As for our stay the first night, my best friend and I were awakened, although not spooked, by a strange shaking of our beds. We were a little WTH and thought we perhaps were in the middle of an mild earthquake for lack of a better explanation. The whole room was shaking but, strangely stopped after a minute. A few hours later the room shook again. In morning I checked the news to see if there had been a mild earthquake~ No reports. While we were down in the lobby for Breakfast, other guest had felt the shaking also. I went to the front desk to ask about the strange shaking and I was told by the front desk that a woman haunts our building, looking for her fiancee~ in the 1800s our building was a military hospital. On the woman's wedding day, her fiancee was in a accident. He was taken to the Military hospital and he had died before she could get there.. SO it was the woman, shaking our beds to see if she could find her love~
We had a great time in NOLA, and we love to come back to stay at Hotel Provincial.~

Room Tip: our room was in the number 5 building~ 4th floor
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank fannin9
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This was our 5th visit to New Orleans, our last 2 stays at the Hotel Provincial. Location is perfect, a short walking distance to most French Quarter attractions, including Bourbon street, Jackson Square, French Market and some great restaurants and bars. The Chart room is a fantastic "local" bar, with really friendly service and ridiculously cheap drink prices, bottled Domestic and Imported beer only US$2.50.
Another close bar/restaurant is Coops Place, with some of the best southern cooking in New Orleans, especially the fried chicken with rabbit and sausage jambalaya & coleslaw...

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside or courtyard room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple