“Wonderful for families”
Review of Hotel Provincial

Hotel Provincial
Ranked #20 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I can't overstate how much we loved this hotel. We stayed in a room with a kitchen. It was more like an apartment. Everything was perfect. It even had a banana tree. We loved the smaller pool because we had it to ourselves most of the time. We stayed here before a cruise. The staff allowed us to store our luggage after the cruise returned while we spent a final day in town. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a kitchen near the smaller pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Its basic but is great that it next but also out of the bourbon st. madness. I would definetely recommend. Air conditioner works, hot water i shower is there,comfortable bed, a decent walk from all atractiona and nice staff. I didnt saw no ghots at all also.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights of a four night stay in New Orleans. Initially, we were supposed to stay in a private house in the French Quarter, but, due to a miscommunication with the reservation, we were unable to have the house for two nights. This hotel was recommended to us by the real estate agent handling the lease of the house. At first, we were hesitant to stay here given the reviews seemed mixed overall. We eventually decided to stick with the reservation, and I am very glad that we did. The hotel is very quaint and European-like. The rooms all seem a bit different, and the passageways to the rooms are not intuitively laid out, but that makes the place unique. New Orleans is full of posh, shiny hotels, so it's very nice to stay somewhere that, albeit very clean and well-appointed, does not come across as stilted and stuffy. If it's any indicator, the hotel, itself, is located on a very quiet street near the edge of the French Quarter and is about two blocks from the La Laurie house, which means that tour groups are out en masse in the streets every night. It also means that you can easily get away from the noise of the Quarter without being located far away from the major nightlife areas. It is extremely convenient to just about anything you will want to see, including Bourbon and Royal and the French Market. We walked everywhere.

The room we were in is a small suite. It has a sitting area with a couch and two chairs and a wet bar. Then, there is a long, narrow hallway that leads to the bathroom and bedroom. The bathroom was (apparently) newly renovated and is quite nicely appointed...and large. I particularly liked how the rooms, although renovated, had been done in such a way as to preserve many of the original details of this old hotel. For instance, there is a transom over the glass door to the shower that appears to have been salvaged and adapted to the new design. They also stripped the walls down to the original tongue and groove boards that made the whole unit (to me) feel much warmer -- color-wise. The bedroom was very comfortable and had two windows that open to the street. Our room opened to the outside in the front, with a front porch / balcony that opens to the walled courtyard below.

Honestly, I have stayed in a handful of the five star hotels in NOLA, and this hotel is much more our speed. I would certainly stay here again, and I do not believe I would do the same for places like the Ritz or the Omni, etc. While the hotel is not luxurious by the standards set by many other, fancier hotels, all of the amenities are high end, such as the toiletries, etc. and the hotel evokes a feeling that you are staying in a family hotel in a small town in Europe, which immediately put us at ease. The only suggestion I have for the management would be to add a small refrigerator in the room. Although there was a convenient wet bar and a wall plug for a refrigerator area, there was nowhere to cool down drinks or place your leftovers. That was disappointing, but it was the only disappointment in an otherwise perfect stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in building 3, in room 324. I liked being on the second floor, since it seems that you ca...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I've never been to NOLA before and chose this hotel based on the online reviews and price. It is wonderful. And the people are so friendly and polite. Pluses are the Hurricane at the hotel bar, the pretty pools, the continental breakfast and most of all the super cozy beds. I slept so good. The location in the French Quarter is good for a lot of main attractions like Cafe du Monde, riverboats, Bourbon St. and shops. I definitely want to go back and would stay at Hotel Provincial again. P.S. It has charm that the big chain hotels do not.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stumbled across this hotel (we came into town w/no pre arrangements!) Staff was helpful and friendly. GREAT accommodations! Quaint, safe, convenient location, awesome breakfasts (free). we would go back for sure!

Room Tip: ask to see the rooms first. w/so many buildings, each room/setting is different.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for five nights the first week of April. We were in building four. We had a balcony that over looked the parking lot. We didn't utilize it. The room was very clean and comfortable. Located on the quiet end of Chartres St so sleeping was not a problem. It was a short walk to all the must see stops and a great location for bar hoping on Frenchman's Street. The staff was very helpful. The bar was very nice, (same place the the continental breakfast in the morning) and the experienced bartenders made great sazeracs. We received some very helpful information from our bartender Etienne. Nice pool and courtyard area, but very small. My only complaint would be the continental breakfast. Very limited choices and same thing every morning. Also, the coffee could be ready a lot earlier.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

In a quiet section of Chartes st with all of the New Orleans buzz within a couple of block walk. Nice size room, very friendly staff. Bathrooms were updated and comfortable. Courtyard area is shaded and quiet with some separation from the pool.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple