“Highly Recommend”
Review of Hotel Provincial

Hotel Provincial
Ranked #17 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Very pleased with many aspects of stay. Definitely recommend (and I never write recommendations).
Quaint, B&B feel. Lovely accents like small courtyards with fountains. Staff friendly and very helpful. Clean and quiet.
Excellent location: Close to all that the French Quarter has to offer (literally seconds away) but set aside just enough so that there is no noise or crowds once you enter the hotel (except possibly some jazz being played in the distance, which was really nice).
Shout out to Trudy from Housekeeping. I mentioned that I liked the shampoo in the room, and she not only provided me with information about how to get some once I returned home, but she provided me with a ton of samples. So nice!
The only word of advice I would give is that the "river view" rooms don't really have a clear view of the river even though the hotel is very close to it as there are streets and trees in the way. Not a huge deal, but I am mentioning it in case you are hoping for an unobstructed view as we were.
Bottom Line: I would definitely stay here again. Very happy with our stay. And, seriously, I never write these so that means something.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JanetTraveler
Write a ReviewReviews (2,819)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Hotel Provincial has a great, safe location, in easy walking distance to everything. It was the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. The staff was wonderful and so helpful. We were stuck with no ride to the airport and the desk staff said "don't worry we'll handle it for you." Fun to eat breakfast in the beautiful patio area. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Third floor in building 5 overlooked the French Market and you could see the river and hear the grea...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank lulucaMagalia
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Beautiful historic hotel nestled in a quieter corner of the French Quarter but still close enough for a brief walk to both Jackson Square and Bourbon Street. The staff was accommodating and gracious, the rooms comfortable and well kept, the pool perfect for late afternoon swims and the courtyard amazing to take in morning coffee.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank stlphotogal
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were staying at the hotel for a wedding at St. Louis Cathedral. It's very convenient to Jackson Square. The room was lovely, but the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The bellhop, Terry, was especially kind and helpful to my son and his pregnant wife when they arrived with just enough time to change for the wedding. The staff makes a nice hotel even nicer.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My family and I {about 25 of us} enjoyed our stay here. I loved how quiet and peaceful it is in the middle of the big city. the breakfast & bar area is a great addition. It's been over 15 years since my last visit and the improvements are great. Next time I am in NOLA I will stay at the Provincial again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank ckl1944
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Our third visit to this hotel spread over a number of years. Charming but seems to have gone downhill somewhat. Room decor was less than average and noise was an issue. Also, although we had a no-smoking room, people smoked right outside our room. Breakfast was so-so and too late beginning at 8:00 am. Staff were good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here in early July for two nights. The location cannot be beat. We had trouble with our room card key easer the first night and received a complimentary upgrade to a suite for this minor inconvenience. Staff was helpful and friendly. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014