Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
US$159
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$176/night.

US$144
US$138
BestWestern.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$159/night.

Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$100
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$117
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$152/night.

Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$147
US$136
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$191/night.

InterContinental New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$146
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$178
US$161
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$119
US$133
US$126
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$158/night.

Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$200
US$195
  • Pool
All reviewsgarden districtloft roomcontemporary queencontinental breakfastyogurtblind pelicanfrench quartercharles streetcarno elevatorfruit cupold worldshort walkday passstreetcar linetrolley stopbars and restaurantshalf block
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Hotel was clean air conditioner worked well in our room. I took loft bed up a spiral medal staircase. Bathroom was way to tiny. Could barely open bathroom door because of toilet and tub. Reminder No elevator here. Breakfast not fancy at all. .

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2017

This hotel is abit on the outskirts. It's 20 minute walk to centre street. But they have cablecar service next street. Room was fine, comfortable bed. Breakfast was on the better side in this hotel. not so many seatings though. Parking is not free, but I would pay for parking instead of parking on the street..

Stayed: May 2017
Dori S, General Manager at Prytania Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing your review, however, I must clarify for the readers your statement on Parking, and not being Free.

That is not completely accurate. Our parking is Free of charge 24/7 every day of the year, except the week of Mardi Gras. We do charge for parking that week, but its minimal $20/day as compared to downtown or the French Quarter.

We are glad you had a good stay with us, and hope to see you in the future should your travels bring you back to New Orleans.

Au Bientot,
Dori H Schulman

Reviewed 9 July 2017

To start with I have never visited New Orleans, and I probably never will again. I have read from other reviews that this hotel is located in a safe neighborhood, but from what I saw just a block away made this guy feel very uncomfortable. To me the whole neighborhood was not well maintained by the city. We didn't experience any problems at the hotel as the parking lot is well lighted and I saw armed security.
The hotel itself had a building next to it that needed to be torn down, as it really took away from the appearance of the hotel. Just do a street goggle, and you'll see what I'm talking about. The picture is dated Mar 2016, no change as of 2 July 2017.
The hotel staff were helpful and friendly. The breakfast that is included in the stay was okay. The rooms were smaller that I thought they would be. The room cleanness was okay except the toilet seat had a stain of something that didn't get cleaned off when the room was cleaned before we got there. We cleaned it, as we had Clorox wipes for such an occasion. Just to be fair to housekeeping the toilet sit was wore and I could see where they could mistake it for normal wear.
As I said earlier this is my first trip to New Orleans. The Prytania Park hotel was much cheaper than those hotels in the French Quarter, and after a visit to the French Quarter; I feel the Prytania Park was a better deal.
I would recommend the Prytania Hotel, if you just have to be that close to the downtown area and don't have a lot of money to spend.

Room Tip: For someone that has a problem doing steps, request a room on first level.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Michael O
Dori S, General Manager at Prytania Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Dear Guest,

I am so sorry you feel the way that you do, regarding not coming back to New Orleans at all. Our city offers so much, from culture to architecture, from being the worlds foremost foodie city, to our beautiful swamps and wetlands surrounding the city.

Our neighborhood may not be well maintained, but it is certainly not the blighted mess you make it sounds like. We are a mixed commercial use, residential neighborhood. The residents are mixed in quality, ethnicity and wealth levels, however, they are all wonderful law abiding citizens of our community. Our own melting pot. This uniqueness is what attracts guests to this area, we are in the Lower Garden District. It was created way back in the late 1700's to late 1800's. It is just east of the famous Garden District, where multi million dollar mansions abound. And yes, some in similar condition as to the ones in our neighborhood.

It is possible where you live that you don't have homes that date that far back, nor mixed quality of residents, or ethnic backgrounds. But that does not mean other cities shouldn't be, or that the neighborhood is not safe. Knocking on wood, it is because of the wonderful neighbors that our area is not afflicted with the gun toting thugs or shootings that other areas of Greater New Orleans, and our Central City has to deal with day in and day out. Everyone watches out for each other to ensure our peace and quite atmosphere remains as such.

Yes, we have an armed guard on duty at night, as every other hotel in New Orleans, and most every major metropolitan city does. That is not an unusual sight.

Yes, there is a home right in front of the hotel, learly, its under construction. But if you had inquired at the Front Desk about it, they would have found me to give you the background history. It is now owned by a Caucasian preservationist couple who re-develop older home back to their original states. Unfortunately, with our new zoning laws, they are stuck in a mire of contract negotiations with the governing body, Historic District Landmark Commission.

Should you decide to come back and give our City another try, seeing you don't want the French Quarter because of higher prices, and you don't want the Garden District because of your perceived impression of being blighted and not safe, I suggest out side the Center of the city, nearing the suburbs, where it is very light and bright and homes are much younger than what you will find in most of New Orleans proper.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

The room was musty and shabby with stained upholstery on the chairs. I went out and bought air fresheners and disinfectant but they had no affect--the smell remained. The bathroom was so small it was difficult to close the door behind you. Also, the 2nd floor rooms have stairs up to the second bed and it is hotter up there. We had booked for three nights so we were trying to make it work and stayed the first night. However, there was no bar in the shower so my elderly mother could not take a shower. In the morning, we talked to the desk receptionist, who tried to help, and we looked through many rooms and finally found one with a bar in the shower. However that room was also on the 2nd floor (there is no elevator and the steps were difficult for my mother) and the room was also musty and shabby, so we had to change hotels. It was still morning and we hoped the manager would refund the balance, but she insisted on charging us for the second night despite the circumstances. (They were fully booked so hard to imagine they could not fill the room.) Very unpleasant experience.

Room Tip: I would suggest only staying at Prytania Park if you can visit ahead of time and see (and smell) the room you would get!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank May6
Reviewed 27 June 2017

1/2 block from St Charles streetcar. Quiet, safe neighborhood, quick ride to French Quarter or gorgeous ride through the Garden District. Hotel desperately needs updating and deep cleaning - moldy tile in bathroom, smelly carpet. Nice and helpful staff.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Dori S, General Manager at Prytania Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Dear Guest, I thank you for expressing your feedback regarding our maintenance issues needs. Although, I am not sure what updating you feel we need.

I will make sure the daily housekeeping works a little more on staying on top of the shower caulk/grout to keep up with the shower mildew at bay. This is problem that sometimes plagues every shower/tub world wide, and should be addressed at first sighting. I do apologize for my housekeeping staff. Retraining is in the immediate future

I do acknowledge the need for deep cleaning. Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on which side of the equation you are on, it is hard for us to get in the rooms to deep clean when they are sold nearly every day since March. In order to take a room out for deep cleaning, you must work around vacancies, and when you are as small as we are, that sometimes is hard to do especially during the busy travel season. Also, the amount of rain we have had over the past several months is not helping the musty odor you sense is the carpet. Being a courtyard style hotel where the doors open to the exteriors, dampness comes.

We do have it planned for this coming month now that we are slowing up. Carpet cleaning and/or replacement is also in the forecast.

I do hope you give us another opportunity to show you that we do care about our rooms and have listened to your critique.

Thank you again for taking time out to write this,
Dori H Schulman