“Superlative”

Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
Ranked #78 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Am currently lodging at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, New Orleans Louisiana. My room is 4320 at the 43rd floor. This is my best experience ever. The rooms are sparkling, the staff are friendly and so courteous, they make you feel like staying forever. I will stay longer than I have stayed in any hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good am told the hotel recently did a makeover of over forty MIllion Dollars. The...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,387)

Reviewed 12 June 2013

The hotel is located on Canal Street just a few yards away from the French Quarter and a short walk down to the river. My room was not ready when I checked in but for $20 extra they offered me a room on a high floor with lounge access which included evening snacks and breakfast and free internet. It was well worth the money.

The room was large with a king bed, desk and lounge chair and all was comfortable. I enjoyed my stay there and recommend it to others.

The only thing odd was that it had an elevator system I had never seen before. On a keypad you punched in your floor and it told you which elevator you were to take and when you walked into the elevator there was no button to punch. It took you straight to the desired floor.

Room Tip: High floor looking toward river is best
1  Thank Khajorn
Reviewed 11 June 2013

This is my second stay at the Sheraton New Orleans. First time was two years after Katrina and, the hotel was in bad shape. Second stay was great, the hotel was renovated and looks amazing. Our room was very clean and evrything was new. Services was good and I am very satisfied. Very close to everything.

Elevator: They now have a new system where you enter your floor number and it assigns an elevator. (I think this works on next available) It was confusing at first but, a nice feature this way you know which door will be opening.

Lobby Bothrooms: In one word WOW. They are very modern and clean. They have the dyson hand dryers which I have been dying try LOL.

Going Green: They have a new program in which you get a $5 coupon per day if, you choose not to have house keeping. This is a great option for us since, we always perfer to have the "do not disturbe option". We used our coupons for the starbucks. These coupons can be used for anything in the hotel.

Pool: Very Small, If you must have a pool during your stay, this is not the hotel for you. Its a pool for no more than 10 people. With kids in the pool is non-usable. For tanning, there are very limited number of chairs maybe 20 total.

Recommendations:
Chop House which is right around the corner. (See my reviews)
Emeril's Delmonico (See my reviews) Tip take the St Charles Trolly
Cafe Du Monde (See my reviews)
Bourban St. (See my reviews)

Room Tip: We had the street view which we liked. You get a view of Canal Street, helps you gage whats going on...
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We booked a king room for our stay. When we checked in, the front desk clerk said they were out of kings and we would have to stay in a room with two double beds. He offered no apology for this mistake. We had requested a room with no feathers since I am allergic to them. The front desk clerk said we could call housekeeping when we go to the room. We did as he told us. A guy knocked on our door and gave us foam pillows. We offered the feather pillows to him and he told us to leave them in the room. He quickly left without the feathered pillows. I ended up just putting them outside of the room. I decided to take a shower and discovered that there were no towels or soap in the bathroom. We called housekeeping again for them to bring up the towels and soap. We never got this. I had to track down a housekeeper in the hall the next morning to obtain the towels and soap. We decided to have breakfast the next day. We discovered the restaurant was under renovation and they were serving the buffet in the bar area. They had two servers working plus a hostess. It took the server 15 minutes to bring our coffee to us. A couple warned us not to stay but we stayed anyway. That couple finally got up and left because the servers were nowhere to be found. There are so many other choices to stay in New Orleans and I will make sure to stay somewhere else. This hotel could care less about their customers.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IllinoisJohn60085
SheratonNOLA, General Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write. I am embarrassed by the service and encounters you describe and would grately appreciate the opportunity to discuss this directly. Please contact me at your convenience at 504-595-5521.

Jim Cook, General Manager

Reviewed 9 June 2013

I rented this room off of a discount hotel website and got a great price for one night ($100) for this hotel. I surprised to find that the only choice of parking was valet and they changed me almost 1/2 the price of my room to park for the night ($45). Still this hotel sits on Canal street right on the edge of the French Quarters and only about 6 blocks from Jackson Park. We walked all over the french quarter from there in one evening. Room was big and very clean. Hotels run quickly and check-in took only a couple of minutes. Recommend if you are looking for a higher luxury hotel.

Room Tip: This hotel has about 49 floors - gives great view of they city from higher up
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2013

See "Backtowork" review, tells it like it is. We were on the 32nd floor with Mississippi River and Riverwalk view. Clean,spacious room, a safe was included along with other regular amenities. 1 free water bottle with a larger one for 3bucks, cheaper than the corner liquor store. Don't need a car,just like San Francisco, various types of of transportation right outside of hotel, but everything is within a 3 mile walk, fabulous!! Excellent staff, Teresa at check-in informed us that if we only had our room serviced every 3rd day we get $5 credit. (made $20 credit toward drinks and food). We were there 6 days. They kept slipping $5 coupons under the door from the 3rd day on, don't know how they calculated it, but I wasn't asking. Missing a few things such as a spa by the pool, microwave and ice box, but we survived :-) Booked a package thru AAA, air,hotel,and tour(s) but according to my self research I feel we got a good price. I would post pics, but the web site does a good job.

Room Tip: Ask for a view, but I think all are good. Side street doors are locked at night. Don't bring a c...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Sheraton NO is ideally located within walking distance to the French Quarter and local attractions. The rooms were beautiful with loads of towels, pillows and toiletries. The complimentary bottle of water each day was greatly appreciated and since wee choose the green option (and didn't have our sheets changed daily) we received a $5 voucher each day which translated into free Starbucks for us (conveniently located on the foyer).

The staff were all lovely and greeted you whenever you walked past. While enjoying the free internet in the foyer (either on provided computers or your own computer) I noticed roving staff who would regularly check in ono people and see if they needed anything. A really nice touch.

A beautiful hotel with lovely staff close to the sights of New Orleans - perfect!