“Birthday/ NBA Allstar Weekend 2014 Success. . .”

Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
Ranked #80 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
New York City, New York
“Birthday/ NBA Allstar Weekend 2014 Success. . .”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton New Orleans on Canal Street last week and my stay was phenomenal. The service from the front desk and the housekeepers was undeniable. They made sure we were welcomed, they answered all questions we had and they even enlightened us on everything that was going on in the city. I think the most unique feature in the hotel is the elevator, you have to press the floor your going to and depending on which elevator comes first (A- J) it will take you to your floor, as oppose to you going floor by floor with a normal elevator. We were on the 45th floor with an amazing view of the Mississippi River. The restaurant at the hotel was good, I unfortunetely was sick so I did not have the taste for food, but my friend said it was awesome, especially the cook to order omelette. I did have a drink at the bar with some wings which were to die for (I love hotel wings, yum). Also for you convenience there is a FULL service Starbucks in the lobby and tour guide ladies that can answer all your questions about the city. My only downside, which was expected was valet is at a charge for $48 a night. I tried to look for other self parking options, but it was NBA Allstar weekend and I had a better chance of being elected President of the USA. Overall I feel strongly about making this my go to hotel in New Orleans, I mean your literally three blocks away from Bourbon Street and all the best restaurants are in within a three mile radius.

Thank you Sheraton New Orleans for an awesome time, and oh Blake Griffin wished me happy birthday while I was in the lobby (score!)

Room Tip: Ask for a riverside view. . .
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Josh C, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
We are so pleased you feel at home with us at the Sheraton NOLA. It is certainly our goal for all of our guests. Thank you for such kind words and compliments of our team. We look forward to your next visit with us for a repeat performance.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (711)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Was here for only about 24 hours as part of a large convention. The hotel and staff were accommodating. Room was fine. Conference space was large, but management. Fitness center was large and well-equipped.

Good location in/near French Quarter.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Josh C, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to connect with us regarding your experience. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to a return visit.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed on the 37th floor of the Sheraton New Orleans and I loved the location, the room and the view. The staff was friendly and helpful. There's a great bar on the first level. And walking distance to Bourbon St. Definitely plan to stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
I am so delighted you enjoyed your time with us. Our location is something we are quite proud of. It's great to hear that you were able to take advantage og being directly across the street from the French Quarter. Please come back and join us again for your next trip to NOLA.
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I am a travel agent and a Starwood rewards member. I like Sheratons, and this one did not disappoint. Since I am a rewards member, I had a special check in line, and they upgraded me to a higher floor room for free. The rooms here are a nice size, with 2 queen beds. They have the extra plush bedding and mattresses. Since our room was on a higher floor, we had a great view of the river and of the cruise ships pulling in and out of the port.
There is a Starbucks in the lobby, where I picked up a quick breakfast.
It is in a good location, and I got a great price. It is not my first choice in New Orleans, but I would not hesitate to stay here again! Two thumbs up!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
We are so grateful for your comments in relation to your experience at the Sheraton NOLA. Thank you for making the effort to connect with us. We would like to also suggest downloading the innovative SPG App for your smartphone which allows you to book reservations, read/send reviews, update your SPG profile, along with other conveniently cool choices. We would love to be your “home away from home” when you visit NOLA for your next getaway.
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Our reservations were made through the Harris Casino but since NBA All star weekend were booked so we stayed here. The hotel has been newly renovated and is pretty nice comfortable. Has Starbucks and walking distance from Bourbon and Harris.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stacy L
Yuma, AZ
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We were with a 700 person convention at the hotel the last week of January, 2014. What a miserable experience, and all we spoke with, and we spoke with MANY... had a bad experience. Where to start? First I suppose would the the lack of heating in the public areas... we ate lunch in the second floor cafe overlooking the lobby... it was 51 degrees and they had small floor heaters scattered around. The meeting rooms were no better. Housekeeping was not much better... they did not put in clean towels, when they replaced the Kleenex, they put it in the dispenser without opening the box--which meant taking it apart and opening the box. One of our co-workers asked for two days for more toilet paper, and finally went and found a housekeeper and took a roll only to be yelled at... few of the staff were friendly... and the prices of the items were HIGH... a beer at the non-hosted bar? 8 bucks, a glass of bulk wine? 11. yikes! In the convention area, we needed electricity for booth lights... 260 bucks for a 5 amp service... our neighbor wanted a TV for 2 days... $800. The other neighbor needed a small pallet of Alum drink cups brought in from the loading dock... and incredible $1500... We asked for 3 days for the staff to put tape on the floor for a power cord... they never did... If you have a box sent to the hotel with your name on it... $50.... the Bellman who carried up our admin's bag demanded a $5 tip.... and on and on and on... the grumbling in the halls was unified... this place is horrific.

When we checked out on the First of Feb, for the 3 rooms we had for the 6 nights came to $3700, which we paid and cleared on my Visa that day.... but they continued to hold $2500 on my card until yesterday when they released 800 of it, I still have 1500 dollars tied up two weeks later. And those authorizations occured AFTER we checked out and had paid for the rooms. And of course, no one knows anything there.

What a miserable experience.

Room Tip: Find one elsewhere...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Sjwyuma
Thank you for the feedback regarding your experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies for multiple service failures. I completely understand the concerns you have and would be happy to speak with you regarding them. Please feel free to reach out to me.

Josh C.
504-595-6223
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 15 February 2014

we recently stayed here, and expected a very generic chain experience, but were pleasantly surprised by the upgrades and room renovations since our last visit. the guest rooms are roomy and well-equipped - our room had an outstanding view of the waterfront! great walking location without the French Quarter bawdiness.

Room Tip: Do request a waterfront view!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business