“Great location”

Ranked #81 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Houston, Texas
“Great location”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I got a good deal on hotels.com
I should have booked a deal from Groupon. Everything was an additional fee, and no free wifi. The rooms were good and clean. The staff was friendly and they had security at night

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank deeporter
Brittany D, Social Media Specialist at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Hi Deeporter,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Though we do charge a fee for guest room wi-fi, we also offer complimentary wi-fi in our lobby. We're so happy you enjoyed your stay overall and hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (694)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Out of all the Sheraton Hotels that I stayed so far (3x in Boston, Rhode Island), New Orleans is the best. Since I am a SPG member, I used my points for the food amenities serving breakfast and other light foods. Since it was packed on one morning and no place to sit, they gave us a ticket to the restaurant for breakfast buffet. What a nice complimentary service. It is also easy access to New Orleans French Quarter and fine restaurants.

Room Tip: The elevator is a little bit slow. Try to ask for a lower floor if you can.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Brittany D, Social Media Specialist at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Hi Takchi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Sheraton New Orleans Hotel experience. Thank you for being a loyal SPG member and for an amazing review. From the Big Apple to the Big Easy, we hope to always be your home away from home!

See you next time!
New Westminster, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed there from July 31 to Aug 8. Not only they gave the receipt under wrong name, few days later and after check out , I found out they have charged me twice . They charged me the day before the check out without telling me and the day I checked out! I called them many times . Even after they acknowledged that they had made mistakes , they never refunded me .They told me they would call me but they did not. It has been the worst travel experience in my life . I would not go to any Sheraton hotel never ever again. I think they are extremely disorganized and you would have problems for a long time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Amir K
Brittany D, Social Media Specialist at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Amir K,

We truly apologize about the confusion in billing on our part. We want to get this taken care of for you immediately. Could you please call hotel management directly at 504-595-6239?

We look forward to connecting with you very soon.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We traveled with our family for a quick stop in New Orleans to check out the French Quarter. So any travel with a tired 1 year old and 3 year old isn't easy. Especially at the end of a long 20 day road trip. This was a nice little resting place for a night.

Our goal was to get in early afternoon, check out French Quarter, have dinner, get back to the hotel and leave early next morning. That's exactly what we did. The hotel was a short walk to all the action. That was nice.

That in mind... can't say much too about this hotel. I didn't check out the gym or eat at the restaurant. Again, we only stayed one night. The staff we did encounter was friendly and helpful. We needed a crib and they got it immediately.

Beds were soft, clean linens, room was well appointed. Lots of room for the kids.

The only sticker shock was the valet. The hotel has no self-parking and the valet was pricey. But considering the location that should be expected. The valets were very friendly and fast.

All in all, it wasn't an extraordinary memorable hotel for us as we didn't stay long enough to get a feel for the place -- but it was a great value for a very nice hotel. I'd say above expectations.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear TravlingFromJax,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel. We're so glad that we could meet your quick accommodation needs! There's so much to take in when traveling the Big Easy. Hopefully the next time time you're in the city you can get to see a little more and stay a little longer with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The location is a stone's throw from Bourbon Street and the main attractions in the French Quarter. The room was clean and modern. That said, the wait staff in the main bar were terrible. We waited for 10-15 minutes without even an acknowledgement, even after we complained to the Front Desk. Eventually, we just got up and left. However, they did all they could to accommodate an early check-in and were generally considerate. My one big issue were the beds and this is very much personal taste. The beds were very very soft. By day four, we ended up sleeping on the floor as our backs were so contorted from any lack of support. If you like soft beds, I encourage you to stay here; if you dislike them, stay as far away as you can.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I recently stayed at the Sheraton on a first-time trip to New Orleans and it was a great experience. The location on Canal Street is within striking distance of Bourbon Street and the French Quarter. The gym had refrigerated, cold towels for your post-workout, which I loved. The hotel was very helpful in organizing a shuttle back to the airport at the end of my stay. Also, on-site staff check key cards at night before getting on the elevator. I really appreciated this extra layer of security. Check out Mother's down the street for awesome Po' Boys.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ryan H
Brittany D, Social Media Specialist at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Ryguy C,

Thanks so much for taking time to review our property. We appreciate such a positive review and are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you every time you're in the Big Easy!
La Puente, California
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This hotel was recommended by a friend. Its lobby is large with comfortable seating all around. The bar area was also very inviting! The hotel is a couple of blocks from Bourbon Street and about a 15 minute walk to the Riverwalk. The rooms are spacious and very clean.The bedding was so comfortable. I am use to a firm mattress, but I was able sleep very comfortably on the softer mattress. We had a floor to ceiling picture window and the view was breathtaking. Staff was friendly and room service was excellent. You can't go wrong the pricing either. It wasn't cheap, but it wasn't overpriced either. I feel as though I received my monies worth and would gladly stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room that faces Bourbon St and has the view of Canal St. You will love the vi...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MrsDe610
Brittany D, Social Media Specialist at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear MrsDe610,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Sheraton New Orleans experience with us! We're so happy you had an awesome experience at our hotel and look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in the Big Easy.

See you soon!