“We loved it!”

Ranked #36 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Kansas
“We loved it!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Ms. Carol and company took fine care of us. We were in #3 and it was great. The room was small but that is fine for us, we travel light. The bed was very comfy. It was quiet and felt safe. This is close to the action and anything but a big chain, high-rise hotel. We recommend it!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank shortysboyKansas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Columbia, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My wife and I just returned from a long weekend in New Orleans and had a blast! We could not ask for more from this hotel, 3 blocks from Bourbon and 6 blocks from the river walk. Request a room on the second level, preferably room 16 or above. There is a wrap around balcony with several tables and chairs where you can enjoy a nice cup of coffee or a beverage while people watching, truly relaxing! Prior to our trip, we read reviews that indicated a certain noise level with this hotel. This was not an issue for us, apart from the occasional noise heard through the door, the surrounding rooms were not heard. Be prepared for a slightly humid room but the A/C in each room works great, so it should not be an issue. They wash/replace the towels daily so no need to worry about them drying. The beds are extremely comfortable! Next time we go to New Orleans, we will be returning to the Inn on St. Peter!

Room Tip: The top floor, room 16 or above is ideal. There is a nice barrier away from the street level as wel...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Chad E
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My husband and our kids stayed here this week on the "Buy two weeknights, get one free" promotion. It is a great deal for being in such a convenient location. Overall, we had a good experience at the Inn on St. Peter, and I would stay here again.

For the price, the location is perfect if you want to spend most of your time in and around the Quarter. We loved having a suite with a sofa bed so that we had our own space and so did the kids. The room had tons of character, with nice hardwood floors, tall ceilings, and nice big windows. The staff was all very friendly.

The only noise we heard was from other guests as they were coming and going outside. Having window AC units often makes outside noise more audible. It wasn't a big deal for us as we always travel with white noise makers. And, as someone else wrote, it's New Orleans!

The cleanliness was so-so. Our room was pretty clean when we arrived, but the bathroom looked like it had not had a thorough scrub in a while. Some of the caulk in the shower looked grimy, as did the corners of the bathroom. There was only one tiny trashcan provided. I wasn't clear on the housekeeping schedule, so it may have been our fault for being in the room when they came by, but we only had service once during our stay. It did not bother me, as I am happy to continue using towels for environmental reasons, and I don't mind making the bed. But I would've liked to have the trash emptied every day.

Room Tip: Rooms on the interior are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Katie S
Garland, Texas
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My daughter and I celebrated our Nov/Dec birthdays in New Orleans this year. It was her 28th and my 50th! Normally I am a spend-thrift on hotels but, because it was my 50th, I decided to "splurge" a little for a historic hotel in the French Quarter. I looked at a lot of French Quarter hotels on Trip Advisor and the Inn on St. Peter appeared to fit both my budget and the experience I wanted us to have.

We were not disappointed! The room was lovely, with hard wood floors, a very comfortable bed, and clean bathroom. Our room was at the top of the stairs from the courtyard, and had a window on the street. I admit I was awakened around 3 am by some noise on the street but, hey .... we're in NOLA and IN the French Quarter! What do you expect? *smile!* I just read a response to a review about the noise and that the hotel provides ear plugs. We were not aware of this; my daughter probably would have really like to have some .... evidently, I snore. :)

If you want a historic French Quarter experience, I really recommend the Inn on St. Peter. I look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank rhonda_1204
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed here last fall for two days. It was very clean and the staff was friendly. It's conveniently located close to Bourbon Street and we didn't have any problems with noise. Our only minor complaint was the stairs in the courtyard going up to the second floor, but that wasn't a big deal. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank katwater86
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Beautiful character hotel in the heart of the quarter. Having stayed at many Nawlins hotels this was a pleasant surprise. Rooms have been nicely renovated. Staff really made the stay enjoyable especially Rosemarie ! Will be back.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Bourbonpirate
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Great Location. The rooms were super clean and had the New White Sheet'd Comforters that I love. One day it was really cold so we ordered a pizza and stayed in bed all day!! It was awesome! The next day it was raining hard so i asked the front desk if they had an umbrella and the lady gave me her personal one! Best Service Ever. We would totally stay here again. If you are a light sleeper bring ear plugs or use the ones they provide - depending on how crazy of a night it is, you can hear some street noise. It didn't bother my husband at all. I used the ear plugs and didn't have any issues. I researched this Hotel on TripAdvisor. Called and made reservations. Asked about the Buy 2 nights get one free on the weekdays! This is the CUTEST Place. Located 2 blocks from everything. Easy walking. We found on street parking each day after 7pm. Which saved us paying for a Ramp.

Room Tip: We asked for a quit inside room. We got 11. We loved it. But some of the pics of the larger rooms lo...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrea S
Marianne P, Manager at Inn on St. Peter, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you so much for the kind remarks regarding your recent stay with us! We are thrilled to hear you were able to take advantage of our great Buy Two Weeknights, Get the Third Free special and that our staff was able to make your visit so great. We look forward to having you back again!